GB HOMEPAGE

Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch

Posted By: Lex

Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/01/14 05:45 PM

This is a rather different and interesting read which I stumbled upon as a cheap offer on Kindle. A thriller with a twist, vaguely Dean Koontz or even Stephen King territory. Two books available so far with a third one due later this year.

Has anyone else read this? smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/01/14 06:34 PM

Just looked this up on Amazon. It sounds like a good read. wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/01/14 07:27 PM

I haven't but will take a look. Reading the Darth Plagueis series at the moment. wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/02/14 02:36 AM

I inhaled Wayward Pines and immediately got the sequel, Wayward. I've already read his Snow Bound novel and am enjoying his books so much I started on the Desert Places series and then grabbed Run. Cannot put these books down and am not getting enough sleep because of them!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/02/14 10:25 AM

Sounds good! Thanks Lex.

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/03/14 08:59 AM

Drac, I know what you mean about not getting enough sleep! lol

I am most of the way through Wayward and usually read for a while before going to sleep: "lights out" keeps getting later, and then the mind keeps churning...

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/03/14 03:45 PM

Glad to hear I'm not alone! I've burned through almost all of Blake Crouch's books now. Be sure to read Abandon and Run too.

Right now, I'm not able to put down a series by a writer named Bobby Adair who is a software engineer by day and writer by night. I'm not a big fan of the current flood of zombie novels, but this one has me completely hooked. I got the first one free and the next ones in the series have been $.99 and $1.69. They are Slow Burn, Zero Day followed by Slow Burn 2 and Slow Burn 3.
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/03/14 04:58 PM

I was looking for something different and this fit the bill. Got a kindle sample of Pines and it it left me wanting more. A definite buy for me!
Thanks, Lex for the recommendation. smile
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/04/14 07:16 AM

It does sound intriguing but I finished Dark Tower a few days ago and am not ready for another series.

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/04/14 03:43 PM

Dark Tower is a SERIES in capital letters, isn't it!
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/04/14 05:40 PM

LOVED Dark Tower. Did it on audio books in my car while driving and it took me an entire year of shopping trips to finish. Fun. Loved the twisty ending in the last book.

Is Wayward Pines on audio book?

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/04/14 06:40 PM

Yes, it is available as an audio book at Amazon.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/04/14 10:07 PM

Sounds good. Hope it doesn't take another year to finish. rotfl
Posted By: Marian

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/04/14 10:12 PM

This is a bit off topic, but since Stephen King books have been mentioned here, it might be of interest to some of you to know that he has two new novels coming out this year: Mr. Mercedes (release date of June 3rd) and Revival (release date of November 11th). wave

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/04/14 10:33 PM

Thanks, Marian...will tell son as he is a King fan wave
Posted By: Dunn Tawkin

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/06/14 03:45 AM

Thx for the tip Lex, I got it in the library in a few days.

Finished the Dark Tower series last year.

Enjoyed reading King's notes in that series and the every day struggles he went through to finish the Dark Tower.

Dunn

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/06/14 01:01 PM

On Drac's recommendation I have just downloaded one of Bobby Adair's books FREE for my Kindle.

For those not wanting to tackle another series, Blake Crouch has written several stand alone stories.

Quite a modernised John Wyndham feel to some of them, and none the worse for that! smile

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/06/14 03:21 PM

I finished book 4 in the Slow Burn series last night and could have cried! Book 5 is supposed to be out this year. At least I was left in a good place in the story, so I guess I'll survive.

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/06/14 04:03 PM

Drac, glad it left you in a good place. I hope the next book comes out quickly. wave
Posted By: Barry

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/06/14 05:44 PM

If you like Blake you'll definitely like J.A. Konrath. Same gritty graphic stuff plus there are some books they wrote together.

Re: Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch - 04/07/14 01:04 AM

I was just about to head over to Konrath to check him out.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community