GB HOMEPAGE

5 year old boy exposes Xbox password flaw

Posted By: traveler

5 year old boy exposes Xbox password flaw - 04/04/14 11:42 PM

Did you guys see this ?
The kid wanted to play games he wasn't supposed to play so he hacked into his father's account by trying something really simple we'd never even have attempted - and why?
Because we'd be sure, without even trying, that it wouldn't work!

Microsoft has thanked him publicly. grin

Gil.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: 5 year old boy exposes Xbox password flaw - 04/04/14 11:51 PM

I watched that report. Fantastic kid. So cute. Too bad they only rewarded him with 4 video games and a year's subscription to the game site. Should have offered him a job hacking the systems. Ha. His dad is an accomplished hacker. Must run in the family. Glad the kid found the flaw.

I discovered that in some of the simple games I play, that if I get stuck on a puzzle thingie, if I just hit a bunch of keys randomly (from frustration) that sometimes the puzzle solves itself! Done this more than a few times. I wonder if it's a glitch or a planned result for those of us whose frustration level reaches keyboard pounding levels?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 5 year old boy exposes Xbox password flaw - 04/05/14 12:09 AM

That's awesome!
Posted By: Mad

Re: 5 year old boy exposes Xbox password flaw - 04/05/14 05:01 AM

I saw about that young boy on our UK news !! bravo

[And here's me who still has difficulty just finding the ON/OFF switch on gadgets lol]
Posted By: Homer6

Re: 5 year old boy exposes Xbox password flaw - 04/05/14 07:29 AM

Seems Microsoft has found a new beta tester. He is a cute kid.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: 5 year old boy exposes Xbox password flaw - 04/05/14 10:24 AM

And we are worried about hackers getting XP users after April 8th! Looks to me like that old saying applies - If there's a will there's a way!
Posted By: Haroula

Re: 5 year old boy exposes Xbox password flaw - 04/05/14 11:50 AM

Cute lol wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community