GB HOMEPAGE

Thump Day

Posted By: gymcandy1

Thump Day - 04/17/14 12:52 AM

You can't think yourself out of a writing block, you have to write yourself out of a thinking block.
John Rogers, Kung Fu Monkey, 06-25-11
~~~~~~~~~

Farmer John lived on a quiet rural highway. But, as time went by, the traffic slowly built up at an alarming rate. The traffic was so heavy and so fast that his chickens were being run over at a rate of three to six a day. So one day Farmer John called the sheriff's office and said, "You've got to do something about all of these people driving so fast and killing all of my chickens."

"What do you want me to do?" asked the sheriff.

"I don't care, just do something about those crazy drivers!"

So the next day he had the county workers go out and erect a sign that said: SLOW: SCHOOL CROSSING

Three days later Farmer John called the sheriff and said, "You've got to do something about these drivers. The School Crossing sign seems to make them go even faster." So, again, the sheriff sends out the county workers and they put up a new sign: SLOW: CHILDREN AT PLAY

That really sped them up. So Farmer John called and called and called every day for three weeks.
Finally, he asked the sheriff, "Your signs are doing no good. Can I put up my own sign?"

The sheriff told him, "Sure thing, put up your own sign." He was going to let Farmer John do just about anything in order to get him to stop calling everyday to complain. The sheriff got no more calls from Farmer John.

Three weeks later, curiosity got the best of the sheriff and he decided to give Farmer John a call. "How's the problem with those drivers. Did you put up your sign?"

"Oh, I sure did. And not one chicken has been killed since then. I've got to go. I'm very busy." He hung up the phone.

The sheriff was really curious now and he thought to himself, "I'd better go out there and take a look at that sign. It might be something that WE could use to slow down drivers." So the sheriff drove out to Farmer John's house, and his jaw dropped the moment he saw the sign.

It was spray-painted on a sheet of wood: NUDIST COLONY - Go slow and watch out for the chicks!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject: ADULT TRUTHS

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again..

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

Ladies......Quit Laughing.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Written by a 90 year old

This is something we should all read at least once a week!!!!! Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!

Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.

My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.

16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

42. The best is yet to come...

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everybody. welcome

I hate to post and run, especially when it's still light outside, but the rooster crows at 3:30 for me. shocked

That rooster's been on vacation longer than I have. razz

It's so hard to go to bed and go to sleep when the sun is still up. eek

I can lay on the couch and fall asleep with the TV going full blast no problem, but taking off my clothes and getting in bed when it's daylight is something that makes my body naturally rebel against. taz

But.......not as bad as it rebels when it's has to get up at 3:30am. lol

This is rebel joe signing off. happydance

Have a happy day everyone. thumbsup

joe
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 01:51 AM

Joe, my body would rebel on both too! At least you can get home early and maybe go do some walking with Baby. hearts

I will go to my weights class in the morning, run the dogs if they bug me and stay in the corner the rest of the time. Hopefully I can stay awake.

Have a happy day all!

Ana wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 02:28 AM

Have a great Thursday Joe, Ana and all my fellow Boomers. happydance
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 05:04 AM

Good morning everyone. wave
Have a great day. happydance smile spring
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 07:45 AM

Good morning Joe,Ana,Space,Haroula waveWhen I came here this morning there's a new format very nice MaG! thumbsupCoffee is ready! I'ts a little chilly here 32 shiverWishing you all a nice day spring
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 10:24 AM

spring Good Morning Joe, Ana, SpaceQ, Haroula and Cailyn. Hope everyone has a wonderful day! spring
Posted By: Midge

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 11:33 AM

Good morning.spring Have a wonderful day all.

Midgie hearts
Posted By: GBC

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 12:02 PM

Good Morning Boomers

Joe, hope you end up with a restful sleep.

Ana, enjoy the day.

Space, good morning.

Haroula, happy day wishes.

Sue, coffee sounds good on a chilly morning.

Gerry, have a great day.

Midgie, enjoy whatever plans the day brings.

A dog walk this morning. House chores today. Board meeting at church tonight.
Posted By: connie

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 12:08 PM

Good morning everyone. To all here and all who follow, have a Great Thump day. Danish and Bacon Sandwiches in the NC. lab
Posted By: manxman

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 01:17 PM

Good morning boomers. Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday wave
Posted By: flutist

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 02:51 PM

Good morning my good friends.

Another beautiful day, this time with little wind, not like yesterday. Bill will take me to the eye doc this morning. It is only about 5 minutes away so he will just drop me off and I will call him when I am through. Going to get my laser surgery.

Susie sounded so much better yesterday even though she was tired. Dr. has her on enzymes though not the kind she wanted. Pharmacy is having a hard time finding what the Dr. first ordered. Then she has to find a genetic doctor who can perform a blood test. The whole thing is complicated. Did look up hereditary pancreatitis on the internet and got some information. The high iron is what is destroying her appetite so somehow they have to get her iron down and find out why it is so high. It is a waiting game now.

Guess I will go play something for a bit.

Take care everyone and have a great day.

Bets
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 03:07 PM

wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers and have a great Thump Day!

Bets, hope they find some answers for your Susie soon. hearts

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 04:36 PM

Thumping Good Thursday ya'll lab

Tis a wee bit cool out there, but should be nice by early afternoon, so I"m hoping for a doggie walk this afternoon. That will let me finish listening to Warbreaker, and then I'll have to pick out a new book to listen to.

I started reading The Husband's Secret last night. I was on the waiting list at the library for months.

Jerky is in the dehydrator, and chicken is steaming so I can make the girl some chicken jerky. Son is at school with the Cully for an Easter event, and hubby will be home early today.

I've been up for a bit but had my usual kitchen shortstop.

Joe, I can sleep to the tv too, but when I actually try to sleep at night w/o the tv...well, that is often a different story. Have fun rebelling!

Ana, have a fun run and class.

Space, have a great day!

Haroula, wave

Cailyn, stay warm.

Gerry, have a great day!

Midgy, how's life? How is your ankle?

Gail, enjoy the walk and hope the meeting is productive.

Connie, is Fla cold too?

Manx, wave

Bets, I hope the surgery goes well and is very successful.

Darlene, happy skooshing!
Posted By: flutist

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 08:12 PM

Well, I'm back and my eye is watering and a little blurry. Other then that I am okay. Go back next Thursday.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 08:30 PM

May your eye heal quickly and sound. Laser eye surgery is a blessing. Lazy day -all pets sleeping and purring and it's dark but warm. So as for myself.........on to the games. Not as angry at them today as yesterday. Wish my luck and straighter shooting.

Happy Thursday all
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 08:58 PM

Good afternoon Boomers. wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 09:40 PM

sleep wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Thump Day - 04/17/14 10:26 PM

Afternoon, Space wave

Sweet dreams, Haroula sleep

Re: Thump Day - 04/18/14 01:05 AM

THe day just keeps whizzing by ready or not. lol I need like a few 40 hours days to get done what I need to and still need fun. grin I did manage to to squeeze a lot in, but it's the pesky work thing that I have trouble with. rotfl

I hope you all had a great day!
Posted By: Midge

Re: Thump Day - 04/18/14 02:55 AM

L4L my ankle is the same. I don't think it will ever get any better. It's not too bad though. Good days/bad days, you know. Ana I hope you have a better work day tomorrow. Do you ever get tired of trying to figure out the solution to games? I don't know if I could do it everyday. praise

Bets my prayers going out to you and Susie. Hope they find a solution to her problem. Hugs my friend.

Going to bed now. Busy at work.

Midgie hearts sleep

Re: Thump Day - 04/18/14 03:30 AM

Nan, I hope all is well by you!

Midgie, of course I get tired. lol My brain cells need a break somedays. grin
Sweet dreams to you.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community