Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 05/26/14 06:15 AM

Thanks Guybrush!
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 05/26/14 06:18 AM

Guybrush thumbsup
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 05/26/14 02:11 PM

LOL.... that was short... looking forward to seeing the new season... hope I like the new doctor!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 05/26/14 02:37 PM

I miss Matt Smith but I'm glad that Clara is back.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 05/26/14 04:44 PM

I'm just happy that Dr. Who is coming back before the Christmas Special! Hey, when is the Christmas Special? Kidding, just kidding. I've got to start bothering my friend with that question. He gets so cranky when I keep asking. rotfl
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 05/27/14 11:00 PM

Thanks Guybrush. The second link doesn't work in Canada.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 05/28/14 10:01 PM

Some Strax Field Reports I missed:
Straxk Field Reports: The Doctors - the longest one and he continues to confuse the genders

Strax Field Report: The Doctor Has Regenerated

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 06/28/14 04:27 AM

Another BBC America trailer - "Am I a good man?"

Haven't seen a BBC version.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 06/28/14 04:47 AM

Thanks Guybrush!

Ana wave

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 06/28/14 03:48 PM

thanks Guybrush.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 06/28/14 05:31 PM

Can hardly wait!

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/01/14 03:23 AM

Found it, BBC One version

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/05/14 06:30 AM

The return of Davros?

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/05/14 02:49 PM

thanks for the link Guybrush. thumbsup

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/14/14 01:08 AM

Finally a full length trailer

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/14/14 03:53 AM

Thanks Guybrush. It is good to see Clara again. smile

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/19/14 05:46 PM

Contrary to previous rumors that finale of the season would see the return of Gallifrey the current belief based on comments of a fan who claims to have witnessed filming the episode seems to be
Click to reveal..
set on Earth and feature Cybermen who are now "upgrading" the dead. Reportedly includes the new Doctor visiting Rory and Amy's grave
It will be the season's only two part story.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/28/14 10:48 PM

Steven Moffat says Peter Jackson will probaby direct an episode after finished with The Hobbit films

Peter Capaldi promises the Doctor will not be flirting with Clara

Listen! - another short teaser video
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/28/14 11:16 PM

Thanks, Guybrush wave

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 07/29/14 05:16 PM

Peter Capaldi says his version of the Doctor will be more alien which explains Clara's uncertainty about him

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/01/14 07:50 PM

What We Know (SPOILERS)

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/01/14 07:51 PM

Lots of info there. thanks

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/02/14 03:37 AM

Season 8 premiere episode to be shown in select US theaters - if your city not listed they say they will be adding more and to check back, mine is not currently

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/14/14 04:36 AM

Season 8 episode 1 full length trailer

Clara's line at the end was first spoken by Doctor 2 (Patrick Troughton) to Doctor 3 (Jon Pertwee) in the TARDIS in "The Three Doctors". He said the same thing to new head of UNIT, in his office after Brigadier Lethbride-Stewart retired, in "The Five Doctors". David Tennant's Doctor said it to Matt Smith's Doctor about the TARDIS in "Day of The Doctor".

I got my ticket to see the episode August 25th, 7pm at the Grand down town Lincoln, Nebraska.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/14/14 01:46 PM

August 23rd,is the date for me to see the Doctor.
It is on the Space Channel in Canada.Whoo Hooo.
Can't wait.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/16/14 07:06 PM

Fan made opening sequence inspires the real credits - a fan place his own idea of a Doctor Who season opening credits sequence on Youtube and Steven Moffat liked it so much he hired the guy to make the real thing.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/17/14 03:44 AM

Starting Monday morning it is non stop Doctor Who programs starting with the first doctor.. second doctor....... continual programming until the new show... how cool is this!

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/17/14 03:52 AM

We don't have long to wait now. happydance
Posted By: colpet

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/22/14 03:48 PM

It's a big weekend for me - Outlander and Doctor Who premieres. I'm going to give Outlander a chance. I read the first 4 books before they got too Harlequin Romance for me.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/22/14 08:42 PM

Colprt,

I have not read the books but I did enjoy the first two episodes of Outlander.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/22/14 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Space Quest Fan
Colprt,

I have not read the books but I did enjoy the first two episodes of Outlander.

Thanks, Space Quest Fan. I value your opinion. thumbsup

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/24/14 12:46 PM

Well I watched Dr Who {Season 8 Episode 1} last night and I love the new Dr.
Peter doe's a wonderful job. Looking forward to the next episode.

Cathy bravo

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/24/14 04:07 PM

Loved it! Like the new clothes. Gentleman Dr. Who. He speaks Dinosaur? Wow! I still hoping they continue to cater to the adult audience as they did at the end of the last Dr. He started out more like a kid's show and I almost stopped watching, but he 'matured'. Looks like this one will be more for me.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/24/14 09:25 PM

I just watched the new Dr. Who.....I must say I was not disappointed ... :-)

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/24/14 11:40 PM

Just finished the premiere. I got worked up for it by rewatching the Day and Night of the Doctor. It was great and so nice to be current with all the other Doctor fans. I think Peter Capaldi was a good choice.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/25/14 06:32 PM

I'll be see it on the big screen this evening.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/25/14 11:18 PM

Cool!

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/26/14 04:11 AM

Watching the new Doctor was fun, breaking down on the way hpme not so much. AAA got me home and car battery is on charger, which will hopefully let me get to Sears in the morning (battery is under their warranty).

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/26/14 04:20 PM

You should have called the Tardis Auto Rescue. rotfl
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/26/14 04:47 PM

Nobody can say Sorta does not have a sense of humor. the 1st time I saw the Tardis backyard it blew me off the chair.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 08/26/14 05:22 PM

Sorry to hear that Guybrush.
BTW, Outlander was wonderful. I can't wait for this weekend - 2 favourite shows to look forward to.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 09/05/14 02:15 AM

Beheading scene removed from episode of Doctor Who

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 09/05/14 05:02 PM

I think that was a very good idea. I still have sickening images in my mind of the very first hostage beheading long ago. I accidentally clicked on a link while browsing for information and saw and heard the whole terrible thing. Can't get it out of my head. Now when a news story comes on TV about beheadings, I change the channel immediately. Don't want a repeat. Thank you Dr. Who producers for good judgement.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 10/01/14 06:10 PM

Funny how actors I've never heard of until they get a role in Doctor Who suddenly start popping up in other things. After Peter Capaldi was announced as the new Doctor I saw him in Foyle's War as a communist, and Misdomer Murder as choir director/suspect (he didn't do it). I just saw Samuel Anderson who plays Daniel Pink in the current season of Doctor Who in a very different role in Midsomer Murder. Dan Pink is shy around women and had difficulty asking Clara out. The MM character is a male prostitute offering an extra service to the women he delivers organic vegetables.

Apparently, when Samuel Anderson took the role in Doctor Who he though it was a one episode part. actually he's a regular character.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 10/01/14 07:57 PM

I recently binge watched all the Midsomer Murder seasons. That show is a who's who of British actors. I also watched Neverwhere, a Neil Gaimon fantasy story done as a mini-series. It featured a very young Peter Capaldi.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 10/01/14 10:09 PM

My friend records BBC series and movies for me and we watch them together. I drive him nuts when I say, "I know that actor!" Then we have to figure out which OTHER series they have been in. They seem to have several 'favorites' who play roles in loads of stuff there. Fun to watch, good acting, love the UK TV stuff.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 10/12/14 05:01 PM

Peter Capaldi's Doctor gave another character a Jelly Baby (and apparently it was his idea). A lot of people seem to be having trouble liking this Doctor. They need to find and watch some of the first and sixth Doctor's episodes to see his darker, more sarcastic attitude isn't new. Its just been awhile so newer fans don't get it.

Oh the Doctor talking to himself is another quirk borrowed from Tom Baker.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 10/12/14 06:10 PM

Loved the Jelly Baby bit. The Doctor is becoming more 'human' in each story. Bit by bit we see the softer side. I'm happy he isn't the slap happy youngster anymore. This may seem like a kid's show but it's much deeper and I'm enjoying the darker side of this doctor. Some 'changes' with Clara too.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/02/14 09:53 AM

Episode 11. I don't see the point of having 7 TARDIS keys, most of which would be locked INSIDE the TARDIS when he leaves it.

How can the dead outnumber the living when we didn't reach a population of 7 billion until 2011? There are actually more people alive now then there has ever been. So that quote from Missy, is nonsense.

I shouldn't have read about fan speculation who Missy was, because somebody was right and spoiled the surprise.
Click to reveal..
Missy is short for Mistress, which is female version of Master.

We still don't know what Missy meant when she said in a previous episode that she chose Clara.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/02/14 01:39 PM

Sorta I'm the opposite in that I liked Matt Smith a lot more than the current doctor. I'm also hoping that everything I have heard about Clara leaving the show is not true. She is my favorite character on the current show.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/02/14 06:03 PM

It just occurred to me, that Missy may have meant she chose Clara to bring the Doctor to her. Unless she meant something that happens in episode 12 which btw is going to be an hour instead of 45 minutes.

There's even a supposed quote from Pete Capaldi which implies Clara won't make it to the Christmas special. And the title of episode 12 is worrying, "A Death in Heaven".

The following comments from me require a major spoiler so don't read them if you haven't seen "Dark Water".
Click to reveal..
We've met Daniel Pink's greay-grandson, so unless his future has been changed, by Missy having him killed when he wasn't supposed to die, he must be rescued to father a child or children, with or without Clara. Unless of course he already had a child with someone else off camera, that we don't know about or Clara is already pregnant. If Clara is pregnant then she has to survive to assure the future great-grandson, but that could mean she leaves the show. If Dan is brought back to life, than Clara presumably leaves with him at some point even if its not now. If history has been changed the Doctor may actually use the TARDIS to restore it and save Dan that way. Or if Clara is not pregnant and Dan is not rescued she may choose to die to be with him changing the future unless Dan already had that child with the unknown person off camera.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/02/14 08:30 PM

Loved the cybermen! The 'continued' episode however, left me audibly screaming NO NO!, and my friend who records the BBC Dr. Who for me had to laugh as I told him I was sitting right there until next week's episode was out. I'm not sure I was kidding. Hate continued next week episodes! I said he could bring food to me, and collect my mail, and he replied, 'You will have to go to the bathroom...sometime." Guess he was right. I'm not sitting there anymore. rotfl

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/09/14 06:32 PM

Just watched the season (series for those in UK) finale. If you stopped when the credits started you missed the teaser for the Christmas special, which was the silliest part of the episode.
Click to reveal..
Santa Claus appears in the TARDIS to ask the Doctor what he wants for Christmas.

Christmas 2014 secial teaser (BBC America version)

BBC One 2014 Christmas teaser

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/09/14 11:06 PM

Thanks, Guybrush wave

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/10/14 10:35 PM

All I want for Christmas is for Clara to stay. dance

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/11/14 04:21 PM

Although she is not seen in the teasers (she wasn't shown in the teaser for the Mummy episodee either but was in the episode) she's apparently sill listed as being in the cast. And as Nick Frost's character said "We need to get this sorted, and quickly. She’s not all right, you know, and neither are you.” So its not really the end for Clara, not yet.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/13/14 03:53 AM

I quite enjoyed this season. I like this new Doctor, but I don't like his chemistry with Clara. She is much more suited to the previous Doctor (Matt Smith). Sorry Space Quest Fan, but I'd like to see Clara move on. Peter Capaldi needs someone who can balance his maturity. I like the thought of romance surrounding the Doctor, and Clara is just too young. It's more a father/daughter relationship.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/14/14 01:18 AM

Colpet,

I totally agree they have no chemistry. The only difference is that I want Capaldi to move on and keep Clara. smile

I thought the show was a lot better with Matt Smith. Nothing against Capaldi but I miss that Dr/Clara connection.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/14/14 05:53 AM

Take two (tried to post this before but it didn't go through for some reason) Michelle Gomez who played Missy has said that despite the ending of "Death in Heaven" she will be back in season (series) 9.

It was Peter Capaldi who decided there would be no flirting with Clara. I think he remembers the classic series longest running producer, John Nathan Turner, who said "there is no hanky panky in the TARDIS".

One of the things I don't like about the new series is companions being in love with the Doctor. Peter Capaldi is reminding the audience that the Doctor IS NOT HUMAN and should not be expected to act human.He's a 2000 year old time lord, the oldest living human is like a child to him. Even if a companion spent their whole life with him they would eventually die of old age and he would barely have aged at all.

If there has to be romance in Doctor Who it should be between companions not the Doctor and companions.

I like this article on suggestions for companions for season 9: Four ‘Doctor Who’ companion ideas for season 9
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/14/14 12:23 PM

I was averse (against) Peter Capaldi being the new doctor at first. But after having watched the first 3-4 episodes, I really like him. His doctor who brings a whole new mature and darker element and tone to the Dr. Who series. And I like it smile . A lot smile . Clara is still struggling to find out who this new incarnation of Dr. Who is. And so is, it seems, Dr. Who, himself.

Peter Capaldi shows the Doctor's more serius, darker side - reminds me of the Dr. Who with the scarf from the 1970's. Arrogant, pompous and person who know everything better than most humans - simply because he do. And I though the doctor was only about 900-1100 years old? Or did I miss something?

But yes, the doctor is a Time Lord. And he has powers beyound our human reach and understanding.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/14/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
Take two (tried to post this before but it didn't go through for some reason) Michelle Gomez who played Missy has said that despite the ending of "Death in Heaven" she will be back in season (series) 9.

It was Peter Capaldi who decided there would be no flirting with Clara. I think he remembers the classic series longest running producer, John Nathan Turner, who said "there is no hanky panky in the TARDIS".

One of the things I don't like about the new series is companions being in love with the Doctor. Peter Capaldi is reminding the audience that the Doctor IS NOT HUMAN and should not be expected to act human.He's a 2000 year old time lord, the oldest living human is like a child to him. Even if a companion spent their whole life with him they would eventually die of old age and he would barely have aged at all.

If there has to be romance in Doctor Who it should be between companions not the Doctor and companions.

I like this article on suggestions for companions for season 9: Four ‘Doctor Who’ companion ideas for season 9

I like the idea of a romantic Doctor, but not in the way of pairing off with someone. I think it would be nice to have an older companion and the hint of attraction.
One of the most touching romances in the Doctor Whoverse is between Vasta and Jenny of the Paternostra gang. I also like the portrayal of Rory and Amy's relationship over the centuries.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/14/14 07:11 PM

Even in the original series the Doctor's age jumped up rapidly between seasons, implying that his televised adventures are only the tip of the iceberg.

The Doctor with the scarf was number 4, Tom Baker. My first and still favorite. Back then he only claimed to be 750.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 11/15/14 04:47 AM

Christmas Special clip from Children in Need - don't get the tangerine line, must be a British thing.

I have a theory about Santa Claus, I think he's the Celestial Toymaker met by the original Doctor in the 4 episode story of the same name (April 1966). The Toymaker was supposed to return in a sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) story, the Nightmare Fair, but it was never made. The character does appear in a number of Doctor Who audio adventures.

Doctor Who season 9 - 11/17/14 06:54 PM

Moffat is already planning season 9. He has confirmed that Peter Capaldi returns. He hasn't said whether Jenna Coleman will be back or not. He did say he'd like to find a story for River Song. I hope he does, I'd like to see how River and this Doctor treat each other.

Season 8 had the highest ratings on BBC Amercia of any season. Some sources claim it dipped in the UK, but Moffat says that if you include people who record it for later viewing and people who watch it online, the audience has actually grown 39%. Watching programs as they air on TV isn't the only option any more. I don't know if I'm counted in any stats as I watch it on either Amazon or Netflix.

Oh, if you don't like Peter Capaldi's Doctor, then he got what he wanted. He thinks Matt Smith's Doctor was so liked that he needed to be a contrast, he wanted people to not like him.

One more thing: Peter Capaldi would like the BBC to change the TARDIS to look more like the original. He wants more roundels ("the round thing" according to Doctors 10, 11) back.

Re: Doctor Who season 9 - 11/17/14 10:05 PM

thumbsup for more River Song.

Re: Doctor Who season 9 - 11/29/14 07:24 AM

The Doctor Who Christmas special is titled "Last Christmas".

One news site claims Jenna Coleman has changed her mind about continuing in Doctor Who for another season (she wants too) but all the BBC will say is "watch the Christmas special to find out".

Re: Doctor Who season 9 - 11/29/14 03:01 PM

I will consider that my Christmas present if Jenna returns. I miss Matt Smith so much but I have kept watching because of Jenna/Clara. I'm pretty disappointed about no River Song too.

thanks for the Clara update Guybrush. smile

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/12/14 04:36 AM

Anotther Christimas special teaser

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/12/14 06:19 PM

I'm guessing that 'tangerine' is another form of the ever present Orange that we always got in our stockings at Christmas?

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/16/14 08:38 AM

The Last Christmas Clip: Santa Enters

Interesting, in all the clips when they show the elves, the same one is always on the left and same one on the right, they don't seem to change positions. The one on the right is Strax without the sontaran costume/makeup.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/16/14 03:53 PM

Thanks, Guybrush wave12

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/16/14 05:23 PM

When is the Christmas Special on? rotfl12 Just had to ask. lol12

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/16/14 06:52 PM

BBC America invites Americans to visit the UK for Christmas

The special is on BBC America Christmas Day 9/8C (thats at night) with repeats at 11:45pm and 2:30 AM December 26th

BBC One shows it at 6:15pm
BBC Three Dec 26 8pm
BBC Two Dec 31 at 3:35am

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/16/14 09:46 PM

Thanks Guybrush. happydance12

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/17/14 03:30 AM

Thanks...set to record

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/18/14 07:15 PM

Season 9 episode 1 is to be titled "The Magician's Apprentice". Filming wont start until January. Its written by Steven Moffat and stars Peter Capaldi. Whether it also stars Jenna Colman we still don't know.

Oh one web site says Peter Capaldi has signed up for season 10 as well as 9.

All the Doctors meet Santa, and he's annoyed

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/26/14 05:25 AM

Verry good Christmas episode!

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/26/14 05:36 PM

Well I am glad that Jenna Coleman will be staying with the show but I still do not think there is any chemistry between her and the new Doctor.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/26/14 11:37 PM

For a second there I thought Clara was gone. Ohhhh! Nice to see at least one more season with her, but then again, not sure either about the 'chemistry'. More like father/daughter. Maybe they will add a new guy for her.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/28/14 12:56 PM

I've just seen the very good and very well written and performed Christmas Special, Last Christmas, on Danish TV (aired 27th of December at 3.04 PM). I especially liked the whole take on dreams and what are dreams and what are reality. And are the realities we see a dream or are dreams our reality.....

I actually like the chemistry between Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman. Yes, it seems more like a father/daugther thing. Luckily, Danish Television broadcasted the first ever episode, An Unearthly Child, from 1963, this week as well. And here we see that the first Doctor Who has a companion, Susan, who he says is his granddaughter. There is a tradition here that the the Doctor Who can have a companion who is more like a daughter, or a granddaughter, than a potential love interest.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/29/14 12:57 AM

Just watched the Last Christmas, and I wonder if that second chance was always in it or added after Jenna Coleman decided to stay after all.
Now its going to be hard to give Clara a good send off when she does actually leave.

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 12/29/14 09:54 PM

I'm just glad Jenna stayed. yay12

Re: Doctor Who season 8 - 01/03/15 06:40 PM

When she does eventually leave I hope they don't tell us in advance. Telling us that X is leaving to be replaced with Y is a spoiler. They shouldn't be spoiling their own series.

I don't even want some big announcement when Capaldi is leaves telling us who replaces him. Just surprise us with a regeneration scene.

Re: Doctor Who season 9 - 02/26/15 05:19 AM

First two episodes of season 9 “The Magician’s Apprentice” and “The Witch’s Familiar" will feature Missy.

Re: Doctor Who season 9 - 02/26/15 01:34 PM

When does the series start again?

Re: Doctor Who season 9 - 02/26/15 06:16 PM

Don't know. Wiki lists "Autumn 2015". IMdb just "2015".

Jemma Redgrave as Kate Lethbridge-Stewart will be back in season 9 too.

Sounds like there will be 3 two part stories, the season starter, a mid season story and the season finale.

Still rumors, that Peter Jackson will direct an episode.
At least one web site is already trying to start Jenna Coleman is leaving rumors again (sigh).

© 2024 GameBoomers Community