GB HOMEPAGE

Thump Day

Posted By: gymcandy1

Thump Day - 07/24/14 05:06 AM

The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future" (Clarke's second law)

Tell that to my banker. I keep trying to withdraw a million dollars from my account, and he keeps telling me that's impossible. snicker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These excuses were on accident claim forms of a major insurance company. Clients were asked for a brief statement describing their particular car accident, and this is what they wrote.

1. The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.

2. I thought my window was down but found it was up when I put my hand through it.

3. A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.

4. The guy was all over the place. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

5. I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.

6. The accident occured when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.

7. I was driving my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times before.

8. I was on my way to the doctor’s with rear-end trouble when my universal joint gave way, causing me to have an accident.

9. As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.

10. The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end.

11. To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.

12. My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.

13. An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle and vanished.

14. When I saw I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car.

15. The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran him over.

16. I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car.

17. Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.

18. The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Funny Letters to Government Agencies

1. Dear Sirs, please stop my assistance since I got a job begging in October

2. I am writing the Welfare Dept. to say that my baby was born 2 years old. When do I get my money?

3. Mrs. Jones has not had any clothing for a year and has been visited regularly by the clergy.

4. I cannot get sick pay. I have had 6 children. Can you tell me why?

5. I am glad to report that my husband who was reported missing is dead.

6. This is my eighth child. What are you going to do about it?

7. Please find for certain if my husband is dead, as the man I am living with can’t do a thing until he knows.

8. I am very much annoyed to find you have branded my boy as illiterate. This is a dirty lie. I was married to his father a week before he was born.

9. In answer to your letter, I have given birth to a boy weighing 10 pounds. I hope this is satisfactory.

10. I am forwarding my marriage certificate and my 3 children, one of which was a mistake as you can see.

11. Unless I get my husband’s money pretty soon, I will be forced to lead an immortal life.

12. My husband got laid off from his job 2 weeks ago, and I haven’t had any relief since.

13. You have changed my little boy to a girl. Will this make any difference?

14. I have no children yet as my husband is a bus driver and works night and day.

15. In accordance with your instructions, I have given birth to twins in the enclosed envelope.

16. I want my money as quick as I can get it. I have been in bed with a doctor for 2 weeks and he hasn’t done me any good. If things don’t improve I will have to send for another doctor.

(In response to the question, “Why have you applied for public assistance?”) My husband left me last month and I am in need of aass.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

Welcome to Joe's Chat & Chew. happydance

I can't say much about the food, but the conversation is great, stimulating, and entertaining!

It's almost like reading a good book every day. yes

Well maybe not the whole book, but at least a couple of pages.

Anyway..........entertaining. thumbsup

Not like watching female mud wrestlers, but still pretty entertaining. razz

You don't even need a DVR to record it. It's always here. Almost always. wink

I hope you all have an entertaining day.........to tell us about tomorrow.

joe
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 06:38 AM

Have all a happy day. happydance wave
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 09:32 AM

Good morning Joe,Haroula and all who follow me in wave Coffee is ready! Wishing you all a great day! puppy
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 09:57 AM

Please keep pouring the coffee cailyn, too much wine last night.... (oh, my head)
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 10:32 AM

penguin Good Morning Joe, Haroula, Sue and Reb. Joe enjoy your day - Is it a day off or are you just off! snicker Haroula have a good one. As always thanks for the coffee Sue. Reb hope the head feels better! Wishing everyone a peaceful day. penguin
Posted By: Midge

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 10:39 AM

Good morning. I've been up since about 4:00. Couldn't sleep so decided to get up, made tea, and turned on the TV to see what's happening out there. Thanks Joe for opening for us. Morning Haroula, Sue, RebKean, and everyone who comes in the diner today. I have to work later on. I'm expecting my Amazon Fire phone today. yay Can't wait. Anybody else ordered one? One of the bennies is you get a year of Amazon Prime.

See you later.
Midgie hearts
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 10:50 AM

Good Morning Midgie I'm up early most morning. For me it's a habit from way back and having to get up to take care of my horses before work. Hope you have a great day. wave
Posted By: connie

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 11:59 AM

Good morning everyone. Haircut day today. No exercise classes until Sandy gets the OK from her doctor, which we are hoping will be soon. She still isn't driving. Her hubby is taking us for our haircuts. To all here and all who follow, have a Great Thursday. Danish, Cinnamon Rolls, and Bacon Sandwiches in the NC. It's very hot and humid here, lots of thunder storms. summer
Posted By: GBC

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 01:09 PM

Good Morning Boomers: summer

Joe, have a good day!

Haroula, happy day wishes.

RebKean, enjoy the coffee.

Sue, thanks for the coffee.

Gerry, a peaceful day wished to you also.

Midge, lucky you! Let me know how the Fire phone is. I always had Amazon Prime I love the advantages.

Connie, hope your hair comes out superb.

Doc appointment this morning. Be back later. lab
Posted By: manxman

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 01:32 PM

Good morning boomers. wave Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday smile
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 02:57 PM

wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Enjoy your Thump Day!

Good morning sweet 'Boomies!

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 03:25 PM

Oh no, it's thunder-time!
help
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 03:38 PM

Semi-good news about Penelope. I HEARD her honking this morning at 7 am when I got up early to feed the Outdoorsies and try to start my car with its dead battery. She's over a few yards where I think she lives so at least she's alive.

As for the battery. It has been going for 6 months. Had 3 service places warn me. Finally quit just after I got home last night. Dead dead. So I got out my super duper charger thingy (also emergency power for lamps and stuff) and made sure it was all good. Got it out there this morning all ready to jump the battery so I can take it to Sears for a new one and then I figured I'd give the old gal one more change. She started! So now she's idling, not gonna turn her off and will be going now to get the now one. Last one made it almost 5 years and I get a credit of 56 bucks for the 'unused' time. Expensive battery in a Mitsubushi Eclipse, but at least I'll be able to drive. Whew.

Off to get charged (in more ways than one). rotfl
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 05:41 PM

Thumping Good Thursday ya'll puppy

Been up for a while. Son and hubby left early for work. Boys popped out as soon as I got up. I've heard my name 1000 times this morning. Going to send them for an after lunch nap just so I can have some quiet. They badly need a trip to the park but it is too hot and humid and I have bread to make.

Hope you all have a wonderful day wave

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 05:56 PM

Got the battery for my car. Took only an hour from my house and back. Nice.

Penelope was waiting for me in the tree when I returned. I feed her some grapes and she is now in her 'usual' spot on my roof. Happy bird.

Empty house across has a forced open front gate. Nobody ever uses the front gate and it's been locked forever. It is hanging loose from the side opposite the lock. Not sure what's with that. Watching.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 07:09 PM

Good Penelope news and how!!!! Now Sorta, you be good to her and buy her lotsa stuff. -I know you are and do. She's one lucky and independant girl.

House tidying-up done so the rest of the day is mine. Oh joy!!!. Should I replay Wolfenstein on uber? If G'Boomer world wants to hear some uber real cussin' OK if not no OK. Ah decisions.

Car has a new oil change and passed its physical and they will deliver it soon. Bruno (car) always runs better after an oil change.

We had a beautiful rainfall this morning but now it's hot and humid. But everything looks so green and clean.

Sorta, tread litely around that house and its "occupants". I'd trust the rats and mice that live there more then them.

Car back -just now and life if good -when you're retired.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 07:17 PM

Good morning boomies! Worst night ever for me in regards to pain. I got stung 4 times yesterday (thought it was only 3 until the middle of the night when I discovered the 4th) after disrupting a bees nest I was unaware of at the side of my house and I had over a dozen caught in my hair alone. While trying to outrun them and get them off me, I frantically used my arms to shoosh them off and did further damage to my shoulder and pinched nerves in the process. I could not find any position to get comfortable in to sleep and got my best sleep after 5am. sad I just picked up and took my pain meds so I am praying they kick in quick.

Sorta, so glad that Penelope is back! yay

be back...

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 07:23 PM

Oh, Ana, big ole huge hugs to you. hearts
Posted By: connie

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 07:41 PM

Lots of Gentle Hugs Ana. hearts
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 08:47 PM

Ana hearts wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 08:54 PM

Good afternoon Boomers. wave
Posted By: Drmojo

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 09:36 PM

HI YA BOOM BOOM BUDDIES! wave

Hope every one is having a good summer summer

I've been helping out at the barn their having kids
summer camp its a lot of fun woot

been saying lots of Prayers for Susie Bets hearts hearts
we put her on our Prayer list at Church~ hearts

Oh Ana BIG hugs to you my friend hearts
may you rest well tonight` hearts
we get about 50 bee hives on our house cause were
right next to woods` we wait til its just about dark
when their in their nest and then we blast then with
bee/wasp spray~ and thats the end of those nasty pests!

Have a nice day Boomers~ Doc flowers kitty puppy
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Thump Day - 07/24/14 09:58 PM

Got up early and headed out the door. Home now.

Ana HUGS! Hope the meds really help the pain and not just make you sleepy!

Sorta glad Penelope is back!!!

Yankee glad Bruno is back and purring like a kitten!!!

Have a lovely rest of the day everybody!!

wave
Nan

Re: Thump Day - 07/25/14 12:11 AM

Honk honk honk! Penelope called to me and I heard her. Maybe it was 'I'm coming Mom!'. Ha. I'm going nuts.

Just finished being out in the hot sun for a few hours installing yet another new updated color security camera. I'm switching out all the THIRTY year old cameras. Yup, they are black and white and all but one is still going strong, but color is so much better. I think the new ones take less electricity too. Might be good for my billing.

Hot and sweaty and all aches and pains, but it's gotta be done. I have to still attach 'cords' outside with clips and one camera is zip-tied to another wire and I can't get to it. Maybe my friend with LONG arms or something will have a way to clip that zip-tie. Gotta get it down and packed away. Then I'm all set until I get one more 'power supply' for the new cameras. They came in a 2 pack, with a 'jumper' so they both run off the one input. I wanted them on two different monitors so I found extra power supplies on ebay and ordered one (or maybe 2 in the pack, I'm not sure now). Then all will be done and modern. Ugh. Do I really have to join the 21st century? Or is it almost the 22nd? Too much sun. insane

Re: Thump Day - 07/25/14 04:14 AM

Long day is done...time to hit the hay. Sweet dreams all sleep
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Thump Day - 07/25/14 04:30 AM

I think it is time to put an end to this day! Night everybody!! Sleep well and pleasant dreams!!

sleep
Nan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community