GB HOMEPAGE

Moving

Posted By: Cari

Moving - 09/20/14 10:50 AM

One of the most uplifting pieces I have heard for years was a group of Welsh teenage boys in Britain’s got Talent a couple of years ago. Teenage boys do not have a very good press do they?
The Welsh valleys were hit hard during the economic depression especially in jobs for the young but this small choir master got these lads off from standing around on street corners and gave them something positive to do with their lives.
You probably won’t understand a word but believe me it doesn’t matter. I hope you will be moved as I was.

The song is an old welsh hymn Calon lân.
The gist of the hymn is to live the simple life, not asking for a world of riches, but to have a pure and honest heart.

Apologies if you have heard this before.

Cari.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7UkFbw-ps
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Moving - 09/20/14 02:45 PM

That was excellent. The entire place gave them a standing ovation. thumbsup
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Moving - 09/20/14 03:10 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: Midge

Re: Moving - 09/20/14 06:42 PM

WOW!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Moving - 09/20/14 10:08 PM

Ahhhhh !! Wales. Known as "The Land of Song" !! And famed for giving us so many wonderful male voice choirs !!

But to see this group of youngsters was especially poignant. I remember them very well.

praise praise praise
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Moving - 09/21/14 10:13 AM

Cari I never heard them before. They were fantastic! Thank you for sharing. They took my breathe!! wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Moving - 09/22/14 02:45 AM

Cari.. Thanks for sharing ..Very nice thumbsup
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Moving - 09/22/14 03:05 AM

Fantastic! praise Didn't understand a word, but felt the emotion of every heartfelt note.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Moving - 09/22/14 06:49 PM

I have to agree with Midge. WOW!!
Posted By: Cari

Re: Moving - 09/22/14 09:31 PM

Wow!! from me too, I wasn’t anticipating complete agreement, I mean who listens to choirs these days but wasn’t it just great to see the genuine enthusiasm on all their faces. They didn’t win the talent show; would you believe they came third to a dog act.I have no gripes about dogs, we have a gorgeous King Charles spaniel but I couldn’t believe that result.

But no worries those boys have gone on to better things and if I remember I’ll post another video of them singing John Lennon’s Happy Xmas around Christmas time.

Cari.
Posted By: BobH

Re: Moving - 09/22/14 09:44 PM

It was nice to be reminded of this again. I first saw this video on youtube shortly after it aired. I find it so uplifting that I keep coming back to it again and again. I've probably seen it a dozen times by now and never get tired of it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community