GB HOMEPAGE

Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;)

Posted By: gymcandy1

Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/15/14 06:19 AM

There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?
Woody Allen (1935 - )
~~~~~~~~~~~

A blind man was describing his favorite sport... parachuting. When asked how this was accomplished, he said that things were all done for him: "I am placed in the door and told when to jump. My hand is placed on my release ring for me, and out I go."

"But how do you know when you are going to land?" he was asked.

"I have a very keen sense of smell and I can smell the trees and grass when I am 300 feet from the ground," he answered.

But how do you know when to lift your legs for the final arrival on the ground?" he was again asked.

He quickly answered "Oh..... the dog's leash goes slack."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Person asked a young Engineer fresh out of MIT, "And what starting salary were you looking for?"

The Engineer said, "In the neighbourhood of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package."

The interviewer said, "Well, what would you say to a package of 5-weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every 2 years say, a red Corvette?"

The Engineer sat up straight and said, "Wow! Are you kidding?"

And the interviewer replied, "Yes, but you started it."
~~~~~~~~~~

Hung Chow calls in to work and says, "Hey, boss I not come work today, I really sick. I got headache, stomachache and my legs hurt. I not come work."

The boss says, "You know Hung Chow, I really need you today. When I feel like this I go to my wife and tell her to give me sex. That makes everything better and I can go to work. You should try that."

Two hours later Hung Chow calls again: "Boss, I do what you say and I feel great. I be at work soon. You got nice house."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At a nursing home a group of seniors were sitting around talking about all their ailments. "My arms have gotten so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.

"Yes, I know," said another. "My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my coffee."

"I couldn't even mark an 'X' at election time, my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third.

"What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you! said a fourth.

"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a fifth, to which several nodded weakly in agreement.

"My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy I can hardly walk!" exclaimed another.

"I forget where I am, and where I'm going," said an elderly gent.

"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he slowly shook his head. The others nodded in agreement.

"Well, count your blessings," said one woman cheerfully, "thankfully, we can all still drive."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two old ladies, Sunny and Tina, were outside their nursing home having a smoke, when it started to rain.

Tina pulled out a condom, cut off the end, put it over her cigarette, and continued smoking.

Sunny: "What's that?"

Tina: "A condom."

Sunny: "Where'd you get it?"

Tina: "You can get them at any chemist"

The next day, Sunny hobbled into the local chemist and announced to the pharmacist that she wanted to buy a pack of condoms.

The guy looked at her strangely (she was, after all, in her eighties), but politely asked what brand she preferred.

"Doesn't matter," she replied, "as long as it fits on a Camel."

The pharmacist fainted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry answers the telephone and it's an Emergency Room doctor.

The doctor says, "Your wife was in a serious car accident, & I have bad news and good news. The bad news is she has lost all use of both arms & both legs, & will need help eating & going to the bathroom for the rest of her life."

Harry says, "My God. What's the good news?"

The doctor says, "I'm kidding. She's dead."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two assassins are hired to kill a dictator in South America. They follow his every move for months, and find out that every day at noon he goes outside and does his stretching exercises.

So the assassins set up shop right across the street, get all of their sights set, load the guns, and have everything ready to go.

Noon comes, no dictator... 10 minutes longer... no dictator.

One assassin turns to the other and says, "Gee, I hope nothing happened to him."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

I would say I feel like one of the walking dead, except I'm sitting down. rolleyes

My goal now is to avoid sitting in my chair with my head on my chest, and my eyes closed, with drool dripping out of my mouth. cool

I'm pretty sure though that I don't need to be asleep to have drool coming out of my mouth. rolleyes

I'm tired........ duh It's 12 minutes after 12:00...........................midnight. slapforehead

Have a happy day everyone................ sleep

joe
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 06:30 AM

Good morning Joe and all who follow later. wave
Have all a nice day. happydance smile
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 08:56 AM

Good Morning Joe and Haroula. Joe hope you are getting lots of zzzzs! Haroula how's the walking? I'm early this morning but coffee is ready! A Happy Day wished for everyone! wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 08:58 AM

Good morning and have a great day Joe, Haroula, Gerry and all who come in after me. wave

It's work whoosh time once again. Have a fantastic Wednesday, everyone. fall
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 09:21 AM

Hi venus. Enjoy your day too. How's kitty venus doing?
Posted By: connie

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 11:44 AM

Good morning everyone. To all here and all who follow, have a Wonderful Hump Day. Danish, Waffles, and Bacon Sandwiches in the NC. fall
Posted By: GBC

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 12:20 PM

Good Morning Boomers blackkitty

Joe, have a good day!

Haroula happy day wishes.

Venus, enjoy your work today.

Gerry, coffee is appreciated.

Connie, enjoy whatever the day brings.

Dentist this morning. Just a cleaning but I hate to go to the dentist. Wishing everyone a wonderful Hump Day! fall
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 02:56 PM

wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Hope Joe's Tuesday Wednesday goes smoothly for you!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 03:13 PM

Wonderful Wednesday ya'll puppy

Hubby and I popped up early, grabbed the doggies, and headed to the park. Twas a bit chilly out there...had to wear a jacket and sweat pants. Course, was dying of heat by the time we got home. We saw a beautiful sun rise, and now have to work at staying awake.

Did some formulating when I got home. Son's body is on "chigger fire." Hope the new spray helps some.

Gail, hope the dental visit is quick and painless. luck

wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 03:38 PM

Good morning boomies! Have a happy day all!
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Joe's Tuesday - 10/15/14 03:43 PM

Joe thanks for the laughs this morning. lol Have a lovely day!

Haroula hope the walk was fun and you have a lovely day!

venus may work go well and be fun! Have a lovely day!

Gerry thanks for starting the coffee! Have a nice walk and a lovely day!

Connie thanks for the danish and have a lovely day!

Gail good luck with the teeth cleaning!! Have a lovely day!

Darlene may work go smoothly and you have a lovely day!

L4l prayers that the spray does the trick for son! Have a lovely day!

Ana hope the shoulder is doing good! How is James doing? Have a lovely day!

wave
Nan

Re: Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/15/14 05:49 PM

Joe, is this you when you are trying to get the diner started? sleepy meerkat

Nan, how did your doc appts go? James is doing great, I will visit him Friday with my sisters. hearts
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/15/14 07:05 PM

Ana rotfl wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/15/14 10:08 PM

Good afternoon Boomers. wave

Re: Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/15/14 11:16 PM

Good afternoon SpaceQ!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/16/14 02:08 AM

Hi Ana. smile We are halfway to the weekend Boomers. See you tomorrow Boomers. wave

Re: Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/16/14 02:16 AM

Only two more days to go! Friday is my day off, I'll be working the weekend.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/16/14 02:39 AM

Loved the sleepy Meerkat. I think I feel like that sometimes myself.

Nothing much happening, except Sorta's Neighborhood insanity. Can't believe what the cops told ME!
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Joe's Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of us) ;) - 10/16/14 03:31 AM

Ana, I know you can't wait.

How is the baby?

We scrambled tonight getting the Per's big Reading Fair project finished. Whew.

Now time to clean the kitchen and go to bed. Sweet dreams all sleep
© 2024 GameBoomers Community