Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 01:36 AM

HEY BOOMERS

Where is everybody going for Thanksgiving?? turkey

Mom & I & Riley(my nephew) are having a Turkey day
here~ can't wait! YUM!!! turkey

Doc~Karen thanksgiving eatfish turkey
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 01:48 AM

Hubby and I will be staying in with turkey and all the trimmings just for the two of us. We love it!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 01:48 AM

There is no place like home Karen! I am having Thanksgiving here at my house. It's the whole family minus my son Peter, he is always with his grandpa on that day. We get baby James as an addition this year though, which will be awesome!

Ana wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 01:49 AM

We will all be here. Son and I will start cooking on Monday wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 02:16 AM

At home on Thanksgiving but the next day over to Carol's brother's home for family dinner.....family is about 22 strong :-)
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 11:07 AM

My hubby and I will not be traveling this year. We will be home for Thanksgiving enjoying our turkey dinner. A cozy fire in the fireplace will keep us warm.
Posted By: connie

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 01:06 PM

I will be having Thanksgiving in California with Robert's friends. I will be missing hubby, but he will be with me in spirit. turkey
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 06:02 PM

I will be going into my own kitchen. My kits have a turkey breast and i will try an Amy's mexican casserole, it's vegan. I'm going to make that old fashioned German dressing and an apple pie and take the day off and pig out. If I didn't have pets I would have spent a week in Tulsa with most of my family but.........you know.

All of you enjoy Thanksgiving Day
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 06:12 PM

I'm making my fantastic, awesome, Stouffer's frozen TV dinner turkey. My best friend is out of town visiting relatives, my sister is up North with her gaggle of family and friends. I'm always invited, but I can't stand being with a mass of people I don't know, my grand nephews (one of which is a thief and the other a registered sex offender) and then the huge dogs and noise and chaos. Not my favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving. I'm staying home, alone, feeding the ferals, chatting on the phone with good friends and watching a good movie. That's what I'm thankful for. Peace and quiet. Whew. turkey
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/23/14 08:47 PM

Hey Sorta, you're my kind of person and I bet you're a great cook too.

And to all G'Boomers...........be kind to your pets and the surrounding wildlife too. I guess my opossums will be dining on turkey as well as the kits
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/24/14 01:34 AM

We're staying home Hubby I Grdaughter eating Turkey eatfish
Posted By: Midge

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/24/14 02:47 AM

Hi all. Thanks Karen for the question. I was gonna ask the same thing. I'll be going over to Rob and Jen's this year for Thanksgiving. I can't wait. Her whole family comes, minus a brother in Texas. I'll be bringing a very large shrimp platter. Jen is a fantastic cook and so is Rob. I still miss my Bob on this day. It was his favorite meal of the whole year. He always pigged out on everything. smile

Midgie hearts
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/24/14 04:30 AM

I appreciate that most will be spending Thanksgiving with family, but I have to throw this in. Living in a small town with many elderly has really opened my eyes to those who are alone on the Holidays. I don't have a lot but will cook a meal and know of a couple in town I can take plates to. Guess I feel Thanksgiving is not just for family.

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/24/14 11:45 AM

What a beautiful kind way to spend Thanksgiving 3dobermans. Thanks for sharing the spirit of Thanksgiving!
Posted By: flutist

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/24/14 05:59 PM

Don't know yet. Vince is on 12 hour shifts, so Thanksgiving is iffy. Will just fix some kind of chicken and dressing and cranberry sauce. And, can't forget the pumpkin pie, which I will make. Susie will have Thanksgiving dinner with the angels.

Bets

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/25/14 11:29 AM

Bets I'm sure Susie will be smiling upon you. catrub
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/25/14 04:53 PM

Trippy, that is a great thought.

Bets, hugs to you all.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Where is everybody going for Turkey?? - 11/26/14 11:14 AM

Most of my extended family on mother's side is in town and will get together for the day as usual. I have to be at work at 5pm. Don't do early Black Friday anymore, instead open for four hours Thanksgiving night.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community