GB HOMEPAGE

Turkey of a Diner

Posted By: gymcandy1

Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 07:10 AM

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC), The Lion and the Mouse
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Dresser in his wine column, "Vintage Point", writing about the difficulty of recommending wine for Thanksgiving dinner writes:

'Thanksgiving is America's national feast - the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty. In France, by contrast there are three such days: Hier, Aujourd'hui and Demain. [Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow]
~~~~~~~~~~~

If April showers bring May flowers what do May flowers bring?

Pilgrims!
~~~~~

Why did the turkey cross the road?

It was the chicken's day off. turkey
~~~~~~~~~~

Why do turkeys always go, "gobble, gobble"?

Because they never learned good table manners!
~~~~~~~~

What sound does a space turkey make?

Hubble, hubble, hubble. turkey
~~~~~~~~~~

Why did the police arrest the turkey?

They suspected it of fowl play. turkey
~~~~~~~~~

Why did the Indian chief wear so many feathers?

To keep his wigwam.
~~~~~~

Why did they let the turkey join the band?

Because he had the drumsticks.
~~~~~~

What happened to the Pilgrim who was shot at by an Indian?

He had an arrow escape. turkey
~~~~~~~

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep...
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned...the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
stuffing with gravy, green beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all -- pass the cranberries, please.

Asked to write a composition entitled, "What I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving," one student wrote, "I am thankful that I'm not a turkey." turkey
~~~~~~~~

A turkey farmer was always experimenting with breeding to perfect a better turkey. His family was fond of the leg portion for dinner and there were never enough legs for everyone. After many frustrating attempts, the farmer was relating the results of his efforts to his friends at the general store get together. "Well I finally did it! I bred a turkey that has 6 legs!" They all asked the farmer how it tasted. "I don't know" said the farmer. "I can't catch it!" eatfish
~~~~~~

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked the stock boy, 'Do these turkeys get any bigger?'

The stock boy answered, 'No ma'am, they're dead.'
~~~~~~~~~

Young Simon was sitting in his grandmother's kitchen, watching her prepare the Thanksgiving meal.

'What are you doing?' Simon inquired.

'Oh, I'm just stuffing the turkey,' his grandmother replied.

'Wow, that's cool.' Simon remarked. 'Are you going to hang it next to the deer?'
~~~~~~~~~

It's the day before Thanksgiving, and the butcher is just locking up when a man begins pounding on the front door.

'Please let me in, 'says the man desperately. 'I forgot to buy a turkey, and my wife will kill me if I don't come home with one.'

'Okay, 'says the butcher.' Let me see what I have left.' He goes into the freezer and discovers that there's one last scrawny turkey left. He brings it out to show the man.

'That's one is too skinny. What else you got?' says the man.

The butcher takes the bird back into the freezer and waits a few minutes and brings the same turkey back out to the man.

'Oh, no, 'says the man, 'That one doesn't look any better. You better give me both of them!' eatfish
~~~~~~~~~

Eddie in Dallas calls his son in New York just before Thanksgiving and tells him, 'I am sorry to tell you but your mother and I are going to divorce. I just cannot take any more of her moaning. We can't stand the sight of each other any more.' I am telling you first, Eddie, because you are the eldest, please tell your sister.

When Eddie calls his sister Julie, she says: 'No way are they getting divorced. We have to go over and see them for Thanksgiving.'

Julie phones her parents and tells them both 'You must NOT get divorced. Promise you won't do anything until Eddie and I get there. We'll both be there with you tomorrow. Until then, don't take any action, please listen to me', and hangs up.

The father puts down the phone and turns to his wife and says. 'Good news' he says, 'Eddie and Julie are coming for Thanksgiving, and they are both paying their own way.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nathan, a young boy, after hearing the story of Thanksgiving and how the Indians and the Pilgrims sat down together, climbed up into his father's lap and said, 'Daddy, did you know that if we were Indians, you would be a brave and Mom would be a squawk?'

'That is the best description of your mother I have ever heard, Nathan', replied his daddy as he ducked.
~~~~~~~~~

What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children? If your father could see you now, he'd turn over in his gravy.
~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie.

Wishing you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving.

joe wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 07:37 AM

thanksgivingto all.I hope you have
a great day. turkey
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 10:56 AM

thanksgiving turkeyGood Morning Joe and Haroula and All celebrating Thanksgiving! Coffee is ready for the early risers. Happy Day and Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy! turkey thanksgiving
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 03:03 PM

Have a great day with family and loved ones Boomers. thanksgiving
Posted By: GBC

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 03:28 PM

thanksgiving Wishing all Boomers a wonderful day! turkey
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 04:26 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll turkey As son reminded me this morning, it's great to have a day to remember to be thankful, but so much better to do so every day!

We have done our morning prep and are now resting and sitting and sipping till it's time to hit it again. wave

Joe, your jokes made me laugh out loud. Thanks puppy
Posted By: venus

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 04:41 PM

thanksgiving everyone! Hope all of you have a great holiday.

I unfortunately will be working this evening, starting at 4 pm. sad Black Friday now starts on Thanksgiving. crazy As for now, I'm sitting here with kitty version Venus, catching up on things. smile

Hope everyone has a terrific day. turkey
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 05:20 PM

Happy Turkey Day (or whatever you are having)! eatfish
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 05:32 PM

wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers and Happy Thanksgiving tooooooo yoooooouuuuu!! Hope you have a wonderful Turkey of a Diner!! smile

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Happy Thanksgiving to all sweet 'Boomies! thanksgiving

It's a quiet Thanksgiving for us and I'm loving it! The weather is beautiful, perfect for barbecuing. Easy peasy.... woot
Posted By: flutist

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 06:00 PM

thanksgiving to all my good friends here on GB.

A quiet day here today. Hoping that Vince can make it over for dinner tonight.

Yesterday was a little traumatic. Cory had a seizure so called the vet. Had to give him more medication. Took him a while to come out of it. He is okay now. Poor Lyric was really concerned about him. Kept checking on him the rest of the day.

Well, gotta go think about lunch. Then make my pumpkin pie. Love the smell of it cooking.

Bets
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 06:06 PM

thanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving everybody. thanksgiving

I'm going to Soper today with my buddy Shane and his family to have dinner and enjoy some football with good friends. bravo

I wish you all a blessed day with your families. turkey

joe smile
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 06:17 PM

thought i would stop in a wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. will be making a meatloaf, mashed taters and gravy later for hubby and me , not sure if son will be home to eat. we won't be going any where this year was suppose to go to oldest and youngest daughters 2 hrs away but no gas money and the 2 hr trip does us in on the riding.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 06:19 PM

Happy THanksgiving everyone! I'm waiting for my daughter and her family to get here and then the chaos will reign. Two more big dogs and a baby, life is good. So thankful for it all!

Ana wave
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 06:20 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!! You all have a very blessed and safe day full of family and friends.

The pie is done, a new try called Butterfinger Pie, and the turkey is cooking. Boiled the heart and liver and Sassy is patiently waiting for them to cool. lol

thanksgiving
Nan

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 06:53 PM

Back to the kitchen for me.....thanksgiving
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 07:03 PM

Well, kits' dinner in the oven and Wow!!! does the kitchen ever smell good!! A vegge diet does not produce such fragrances and, this is funny. upon occasion, a cat will strutt in the kitchen and march around, head up tail up, like he/she paid the taxes and insurance around here and bask in turkeyturkey and run outdoors again. They must wait till 1 PM until they get dinner.

Son and family made it to Tulsa just fine and can celebrate with 2 sisters and families. My other daughter who lives in Dallas is in Tampa celebrating with her husband's family. He's from Tampa.

Lovely day here. Have a good day everyone!!

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 10:48 PM

Yankee, your day sounds lovely and the kits sounds much indulged.

We are all stuffed to the gills. Dessert to follow when food settles a bit. Son is putting food away, and I'm sitting and sipping. Son says he now understands why I was always wiped out after cooking. Boys were very good about trying all the new dishes. Now time to kick back and relaxxxxxxxxxxxxx sleep
Posted By: manxman

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/27/14 11:40 PM

thanksgiving Hope everyone is having a terrific turkey Thursday turkey
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/28/14 12:45 AM

What I'm thankful for: 85 degree dry heat at the end of November (beautiful day), Penelope the Peacock just arrived so the 'owners' didn't eat her for Thanksgiving (whew!), and I actually made it through Wally Mart without too much bodily damage despite the fact that there were little lines of people waiting in various spots all through the store waiting for the 'specials' to be unveiled at various times throughout the day. Annoying to not be able to go up and down aisles easily and especially getting in and out of the store because of the Black Friday lines. At one point a poor little old lady in a walker (and I do mean OLD) stopped in the middle of the narrow access to the door to look at a hanging decoration. She refused to budge until her entire family looked and commented on it. My thoughts were what if there was an 'emergency' and everyone tried to get out of the store? It would be a tragedy the way they are letting people line up and limiting the ins and outs to a very narrow (one cart width). No store personnel were attending the lines except a few that were making sure people stayed in the line up area.

I got my Norfolk pine trees and ran out. Glad to be home. Giving my tenants a living pine tree (3 feet high) and a box of ornaments, a set of lights, some tinsel and hanging hooks. All the stuff they will need to decorate it. Then after the season is over, they can plant it wherever they like. Should make a nice green addition to the landscape. It would have cost me just as much to buy the 'usual' live wreath which just gets thrown away.

Penelope is chasing the Outdoorsies, everything is right with the world. turkey blackkitty
Posted By: Drmojo

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/28/14 02:09 AM

thanksgiving thanksgiving thanksgiving

Boomers!!! turkey

Had a super great Turkey dinner with Mom & Riley turkey

I am truly Blessed hearts

Bets so sorry about Cory hearts

off to read & groan with a nice cup of Pumpkin spice coffee smile

Karen turkey

Waylon had Hay & Grain & Apples
Bella, Lucy, Puff, Charlie,Bubba & blonde all had Turkey dinner too cat puppy catrub

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/28/14 02:27 AM

Hi all, we are babysitting for James and my grandpuppies. It was a great day, I gamed while they watched TV and then they went to the movies.
I brought dinner and dessert to my crazy neighbors so they got fed too. If she would have stayed sober, she could have joined us, but I draw the line.

Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving!

Ana wave
Posted By: Midge

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/28/14 02:48 AM

Hi all. I'm home now from having a Thanksgiving dinner at Rob and Jen's and her whole family, her Mom, sisters and brother. It was wonderful, with all the grand kids and Jen's nieces and nephews, and I can't forget Rob and Jen's chocolate lab Ritzen. Carol, Jen's Mom, made an apple crunch desert that was wheat and gluten free for me. It was heavenly. So now of course, I'll have to exercise until I'm 80 to work off all the calories I consumed today.

Going to bed early tonight. I have an early shift in the morning. Sleep well all. See you then.
Midgie hearts sleep eatfish turkey thanksgiving

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/28/14 03:30 AM

We are all on our 3 round of dessert, sitting by the fire, watching football. Honestly, though, I think I'm going to bed with a cup of tea and a book. sleep

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/28/14 03:45 AM

Dessert is calling me but I'm trying desperately to say no. Take mine please before I cave!
Posted By: venus

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/28/14 04:36 AM

So jealous of everyone here with their Thanksgiving dinners. I just got home from work and will have to go right back again in the morning. rolleyes Well, at least when I got home, I made a turkey sandwich for dinner. lol Couldn't do much at work except stand around anyway, as it was so crowded. I'm glad it's over with, and at least tomorrow, I'll have actual projects to keep me busy once again.

As for now, I'm off to get ready for bed. Have a great night, everyone. turkey
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Turkey of a Diner - 11/28/14 06:17 AM

Time to get the pillow out and head for bed. Been a long but fun day full of family and friends and laughter and lots of yummy food. Hope that everybody has had a wonderful and Blessed day and paused a moment to list all that you have to be thankful for!!!

Night all sleep well!

sleep
Nan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community