GB HOMEPAGE

Grimm

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Grimm - 12/30/14 11:17 PM

Anybody watch Grimm? I just started, DVDs from Netflix.

If you haven't seen it, its about a Portland, OR police homicide detective, Nick Burkhardt, who discovers that he's a Grimm, a person who can see the true form of people who are part animal. Some of the "monsters" are evil and vicious, those are the ones a grimm is supposed to hunt down and destroy, most are not. When he meets a nonviolent one and they recognize each other, they become frightened that the grimm is after them. There are also "Reapers of the Grimm", scythe wielding monsters who hunt down and kill Grimm. I don't know if at some point the existence of the creatures will be explained or not but the premise is they've been around a long time.

Nick doesnt want to be a Grimm, he just wants to be a good cop and sometimes the roles conflict. As a police officer he's supposed to arrest suspects even when they're monsters. In two episodes so far he's probably made the wrong choice, being a cop instead of a Grimm. I assume this will come back to bite him (possibly quite literally) later.

Nick cant always see a monster, only when the become emotional and loose self control for a moment, so he doesn't know his boss, Captain Sean Renard,is actually some kind of monster royalty, who sometimes seems to be working against the grimm and sometimes on his side. On the one hand he wanted Nick's aunt, an older more experienced Grimm dead, on the other hand he chased a reaper out of town, saving the young inexperienced Grimm's life.

Not knowing who else to turn to, when Nick needs help he turns to a former kidnapping suspect (he wasn't involved), Monroe who is a Blutbad, basically a werewolf, who has learned to control himself and doesn't kill people. He and Nick should be natural enemies, not the friends their becoming.

Nick's partner Hank Griffin appears to be a normal human, despite the interesting last name. At this point he doesn't know anything about strange creatures living among normal humans and that his partner sees them.

Nick's girlfriend Juliette Silverton, seems to be normal, although being a veterinarian in this show is suspicious. In a deleted scene included on the DVD Nick says he's glad she's normal and I thought she looked at him odd.

Sergeant Drew Wu, a uniformed officer who does NIck and Hank's grunt work appears to be human as well.

Lawyer Adalind Schade is actually a monster (arent they all) something called a Hexenbiest whose powers at this point aren't clear. Nick knows what she is and found himself in the position of having to save her from another monster even though he thinks she had something to do with his aunts death. She did try to kill her and failed. Nick doesn't know she works for his captain.

Some of the monsters seem to be loners, some can control normal animals, such as a queen bee lady sending bees to sting people or a rat boy doing the pied piper bit (only with a violin).

The "monsters" aren't always the bad guys. In fact most of them seem to just want to be left alone to live out their lives like normal humans. To them its the Grimm that are the bad guys, the killers of their ancestors. Oh and yes the Brothers Grimm fairly tales were true stories and its apparently from them that the title Grimm comes from.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Grimm - 12/31/14 12:55 AM

I love Grimm....watch it every week wave12
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Grimm - 12/31/14 01:10 AM

Sounds like a series my family and I will like to watch. Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Grimm - 12/31/14 01:36 AM

I watch Grimm also.....it's fun.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Grimm - 12/31/14 01:46 AM

Love Grimm. I wanna be a Grimm! I'm just anxious to see what happens about the 'baby'. Ohhhhhh.

Re: Grimm - 12/31/14 02:58 AM

I wont ask who is having a baby, Since I haven't even finished 1st season.

Deleted scenes are interesting. In "Game Ogre" the deleted scenes had the captain actually meets with the ogre to try to warn him off. I don't know if the deleted scenes made the episode too long or if they just decided not to go that route after all.

I thought I was joking, but apparently all lawyers in this show actually are monsters. Just saw one looking like some kind of snake.

I haven't figured out how the monsters recognize the Grimm. Does Nick have a strange face that they see but the audience doesn't?

Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Grimm - 12/31/14 03:29 PM

When the vessons turn, they can see that the grimms eyes are actually black. That's how they can tell if your a grimm.

Re: Grimm - 12/31/14 05:43 PM

According to wiki (yeah I know) its Wesen and means being or creature. Since its supposed to be German the W is pronounced like V.

I like how some episodes flip the story, so what would normally be the victim becomes the killer, ie the 3 wolves being stalked by the pig.

Re: Grimm - 01/01/15 03:23 AM

Next year (grin) I'll finish season 1 and begin season 2. Netflix also has 3 but 4 is only saveable not actually queable yet.
Posted By: manxman

Re: Grimm - 01/01/15 03:33 AM

One of my favourites yes

Re: Grimm - 01/08/15 06:58 AM

Just finished season 1.
Click to reveal..
So Nick's mother is alive? I figured that woman was a Grimm, but I wasn't thinking it was his mother.
Probably start season 2 next week.

Re: Grimm - 01/08/15 05:34 PM

Wow, you are way behind..ha. It's all explained later. Keep watching. zombie

Re: Grimm - 01/08/15 06:55 PM

Lots of fun things to happen yet puppy

Re: Grimm - 01/09/15 06:17 PM

Speaking of Grimm. I watched a recorded episode yesterday and it looked strange. Nick looked soooo young and didn't seem to know who Adalind was. I finally figured out it was a rerun from one of the first epiodes. Whew. Thought I was in a time warp!

Re: Grimm - 01/12/15 11:38 PM

Started season 2. Last one on the first disc was the one in which some one took Matthew 7:15 literally, the church full of sheep has a pastor who is a wolf. I know the story in Aesop's Fables but to put it in a church somebody must have know the Biblical verse as well.

Anyway Hank knows. Poor Juliet cant remember Nick. And the royals keep losing assassins. Maybe they should send humans. Then Nick would face a morel dilemma. As a cop, can he kill a human and not report it, like he does with wessen?

Re: Grimm - 01/13/15 01:02 AM

Good question, Guybrush wave

Re: Grimm - 02/09/15 08:26 AM

I'm all caught up thanks to Netflix and NBC's website.

Just one thing, I think the writers forgot something.
Click to reveal..
Adalind signed a magical contract binding her to giving her unborn baby to the gypsies once it was born. She hasn't done so yet there hasn't been any consequences.

Re: Grimm - 02/09/15 06:17 PM

Good catch wave

Re: Grimm - 02/10/15 01:28 AM

Somebody at Internet movie database said Renard and Juliette have more chemistry than Nick and Juliette. And some one else said its because R and J are in real life a dating couple.

Oh, oddly enough the Adalind actress is apparently now pregnant in real life.

Re: Grimm - 02/14/15 07:08 PM

Boo, it's off until March 20th.

Re: Grimm - 02/14/15 08:59 PM

I hate the way they do that. Can't tell you the number of series I enjoyed until they took those extended breaks. By the time they come back, I've moved on. lol
Posted By: Drmojo

Re: Grimm - 02/15/15 01:52 AM

Thanks! now I have a new TV show to watch!
I've been watching Damages on Netflix, its really good!! has anybody watched it?? I highly recommend it~

Grim looks great! the plot sounds a lot like Vampire diaries I love this show too~ bravo

Doc valentines

Re: Grimm - 02/15/15 04:46 AM

Wish they had done their hiatus while I was still catching up. The Blacklist (also an NBC) series just finished their break.
Oh well, guess I alternate between Columbo (online through Netflix), Dalziel & Pascoe and The Last Detective (both on DVD from Netflix) and the Blacklist while I wait for more Grimm.

Or of course I could get into my stack of unplayed games.

Re: Grimm - 02/27/15 06:05 AM

Last episode of 5th season of Columbo is odd one in that we don't actually see the murder. The audience is misled about who the killer is, twice, and even Columbo gets it wrong at first. Directed by Patrick McGoohan (does not appear in the episode). Apparently they thought this would be the final episode of the series, because Peter Falk was considering leaving, and so they decided to play with the format. Columbo did return but the 6th season only ran for 3 episodes and the 7th for only 5. After that is was off the air for 11 years before coming back as a series of tv specials. Finally ending in 2003. Unfortunately netflix doesn't have any episodes after 1989.

Don't know if Columbo's echange with the Sargent means anything or not. He asks the sgt for a light, the sgt says "I though you quit" [meaning smoking] and Columbo laughs and says "not yet, not yet".

Still waiting for Grimm.

Re: Grimm - 02/27/15 04:51 PM

It's nice to have so many choices these days wave

Re: Grimm - 04/11/15 12:14 PM

Its gone now of course, but apparently on April 1st there was a page on NBC.com claiming Grimm had been canceled. Actually its already been renewed for another season.

Silas Weir Mitchell (Monroe) also apparently claimed he was leaving. Probably a joke.

However, rumor has it somebody is going to die in the finale. I think its going to be Nick's mother but hope its Adalind. Course I've wanted her gone since the first episode. Some people think its Sean Renard because of the bullet wound's coming back, but I think thats an illusion perpetrated on him by a full blooded Zauberbiest (what he's half of). And I think the Zauberbiest's name is Kenneth, the new royal. Which will really make Sean furious when he finds out the royal family drove him a half Zauberbiest away but embraces a full Zauberbiest, unless of course they don't know it. Speaking of illusions I don't think what we're supposed to believe happened with Sean and Juliette was real either.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Grimm - 04/11/15 12:28 PM

I have the complete collection of "Columbo" .. millions of them .. (in DVD format) and watch a couple from time to time.
Love them all laugh

And another "oldie series" I have the complete collection of is "Taggart".
There are at least 42 disks in that one.
[An excellent Detective series that started way back before colour television !! laugh ]

Re: Grimm - 05/02/15 07:47 PM

Its getting interesting. Posters over at IMdb insist two characters are going to die by the Grimm season 4 finale. And there are only 2 episodes left.

This week's episode ended with a shot being heard but screen is black. So we don't know who got shot by whom, if anyone. But a gun was pointing at Monroe.

Jack the Ripper is apparently back, targeting wessen prostitutes, except his last victim wasn't a prostitute and was last seen talking to Sean Renard. Who's been having black outs...

A teaser supposedly for next week, but which does mention only 2 episodes left, ends with some guy (Nick?) screaming "Noooo!" Which is leading speculation that his mother, his girlfriend or both will be found dead in his living room. In the house anyway. Ive always figured Nick's mother would end up dead, but that was before she became guardian of a baby with magical powers, who can kill people. If she has the child (and there is a child in the clips, although it seems to have magically aged a year or three), she should be allright.

Truble is back.

Oh and a German fan says the German used on Grimm is not too surprisingly, bad and hard to understand if you actually speak the language.

Re: Grimm - 05/03/15 04:32 PM

Yes, things are hurtling right along. I gotta say, Juliette has gotten on my last nerve.

Re: Grimm - 05/09/15 08:03 PM

That was obviously not the Kelly actress walking up the steps but somebody in a bad wig, Somebody at imdb said she got another role, so wasn't available for a few second cameo. I think they made Kelly stupid. And why is Diana now a toddler with no magic?

I have a theory about Juliette, that will probably never be proven or disproven. I think the hexbenbiest spirt she got was Adalind's mother and that's why she set up Kelly, who killed her, and is going to try to kill Nick. Its not just that she's power mad, its all a revenge thing.

Everybody at IMdb wants Juliette dead. I've always wanted Adalind gone. The dumb blonde, powerful witch combo just never appealed to me. I find her boring. I thought they should have kept the mother instead.

I'm agreeing with all the posters at IMdb that if what happened with Kelly wasn't some kind of trick then the writers really messed up their own character, turning her from an experienced Grimm so paranoid she never enters her son's front door, into an idiot who walks into an obvious trap unprepared. I just hope it is all a trick but afraid its not.

Truble the newbie Grimm showed more sense. Kelly as originally written would not haven't been seen entering the house. She'd have checked out the neighborhood, realized everything was wrong and not gone anywhere near the place.

Re: Grimm - 05/12/15 04:45 PM

My favorite Grimm video: Bud explains Grimm

Re: Grimm - 05/12/15 05:28 PM

I like Bud wave

Re: Grimm - 05/13/15 01:10 AM

I'm getting very irritated by people who will forgive Sean Renard because he was possessed by an evil spirit but not Juliette even though she has the same problem. She's no more responsible for Kelly than Sean was for Henrietta. She said she was losing herself, and that's what happened. I think its because they like Sean Renard and don't like Juliette and never have. I have a similar bias towards Adalind.

Re: Grimm - 05/16/15 07:12 PM

Next season will be interesting. I'm just afraid of what they'll do with Nick and Adalind.

Re: Grimm - 05/16/15 07:27 PM

Yes, last night was interesting. (No spoilers please. Some may not have watched yet.) When does the new season begin?

Re: Grimm - 05/17/15 12:07 AM

I strongly suspect that some 'gone' people are not really gone and that 'friends' have been compromised. Nothing is what it seems.

Re: Grimm - 05/17/15 03:45 AM

Me too, Sorta Blonde.

However, some people are saying Bitsie Tulloch wanted to be written out.

Re: Grimm - 12/11/15 05:02 AM

I read an article on Grimm that has me disturbed, Nick actor claims someone else will die this season, someone who's been in it since the start. Unless its Adalind, that's not good news. In it since the start, Nick, Adalind, Captain Renard, Hank, Monroe, Juliette. The last is supposedly dead already.

They're really hyping the fall finale which is on tonight. Claiming on Facebook that we'll be shocked, which tells me one thing, I won't be.
Unless they actually kill off Nick to hand the show over to Truble, that would shock me because I don't think their that brave.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community