GB HOMEPAGE

The Assets

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

The Assets - 01/29/15 05:35 AM

Based on the book Circle of Treason: A CIA Account of Traitor Aldrich Ames and the Men He Betrayed by retired CIA officers Sandra Grimes and Jeanne Vertefeuille, this 8 episode mini series tells how a mole in the CIA during the cold war betrayed at least 20 men working for the CIA, most of whom were executed by the Russians, and how he was finally caught.

Like Columbo, this series shows the audience from the beginning who the traitor is which I think makes it difficult to understand how he got away it for so long, especially when he's suspected by agent Sandra Grimes and no one else will listen to her. Spies ought to be more suspicious of each other if you ask me.

Originally aired on ABC it did not do well in the ratings, probably because its not action oriented. I found it on Netflix.

After the 8 episodes is a documentary which features interviews with the real people involved, including Aldrich Ames, who does not seem repentant at all, a former KGB agent, who used to turn other countries agents until moles, and the granddaughter of one of the men Ames got killed.

I think there should be a sequel covering FBI agent Robert Hanssen who sold more secrets, for less money and almost got away with it.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Assets - 01/29/15 06:32 PM

Thanks, Guybrush wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Assets - 01/31/15 12:15 PM

Sounds great GuyBrush. Thanks!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community