GB HOMEPAGE

Netflix has develeped a bad habbit

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Netflix has develeped a bad habbit - 03/02/15 07:26 AM

They confuse "season" and "set" which makes it hard to be sure at a glance whether they have every episode of a series or not.
For example they have "Trial and Retribution" as 6 seasons when it actually ran for 12. It was released in 6 SETS of of two seasons each. Not the first time they've done this, but now that I know it I don't look at their season count anymore but at the years they list series running and number of episodes. Ie "Trial and Retribution" is listed as 1997-2008 which is clearly more than 6 season.

"Trial and Retribution" must have been hard to watch on its original run since 9 of the 12 seasons are only two episodes a year. Not until its 10th year that it has 10 episodes. 11th also has 10 and 12th runs for 6. Two year break between seasons 9 and 10 (yikes). That's a long time to wait.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Netflix has develeped a bad habbit - 03/02/15 11:33 AM

That is confusing Guybrush but good to know. wave
birthdayHappy Birthday! birthday
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Netflix has develeped a bad habbit - 03/02/15 07:58 PM

Makes my head hurt just to read that slapforehead
Posted By: colpet

Re: Netflix has develeped a bad habbit - 03/03/15 01:29 PM

I started watching Waking the Dead this weekend on BBC iPlayer. There are 9 seasons available, but for some reason they do not have season 8. Very frustrating when you want to watch everything consecutively.
Posted By: BobH

Re: Netflix has develeped a bad habbit - 03/05/15 02:16 AM

I hadn't noticed that. It's still better than how Amazon Prime does it. Amazon prime lists each season separately so when you are searching or browsing you will see multiple results for the same show. Also it is a bit of a pain if you have put one season on your list then have moved on to the next season. You have to remove the old saved season and add the new season if you don't want to change season's every time you bring it up from your list.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community