GB HOMEPAGE

Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one?

Posted By: 3dobermans

Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/14/15 11:16 PM

Was thinking about a pet I used to have; a gray and white rat. Named him Morten Salt and Pepper. Very friendly and would follow me around. Live to be 5; they usually only live 3-4. Still miss the little guy.

Anyone else had or wanted a totally different type of pet?
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 12:09 AM

I remember wanting a monkey when I was younger. After calling around and checking into it it was pretty universal with all the pet people that it was a very bad idea. woozy
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 02:15 AM

I had a Toucanette. Small version of a regular Toucan. We named him ToucanKamen. Tut for short. Had this huge cage that he loved to dance back and forth in all day and made strange noises all night. We called the dance, 'The Tutley Shuffle'. Unfortunately, he loved fresh fruit and threw it all over the floor and walls. Constant battle to clean it. He only lived a few years because he got pneumonia. Miss him.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 03:02 AM

I owned over 20 ferrets, 15 at one time. So much fun!

Ana wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 11:12 AM

I had no unusual pets just dogs, cats and horses. smile
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 03:58 PM

Well, I always wanted to live in the Garden so I could have all the animals for my pets....lions, tigers, bears...oh my! But as I can't do that, I just collect dogs lol
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 04:39 PM

Do my wild raccoons and foxes and possums count? I'd count Penelope Peacock only she's the 'neighborhood' bird. OH and down in my empty back lot, there are lots of holes with spun 'plugs' that are most likely trap door spiders. I've never been out there at night, so I've never seen them. I guess some night I could brave it. Ugh. Not really fond of spiders. scared
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 04:41 PM

Oh, Sorta, we sometimes have enormous spiders that spin webs that completely encompass the top half of our doors wave

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 07:22 PM

Sorta, your little bird sounds neat and I love the name.

Ana, where did you keep them all??

Gerry, would there be any unusual pet you thought about wanting?

Looney, dog collecting is a-ok. When I first moved to Spokane in the early 70's, a neighbor had a pet(?) lion.
Do you know what kind of spiders they are?
Posted By: luv2travel

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 07:51 PM

Oh my, If I were younger and had lots of money, I would own a big ranch property and have all kinds of animals. When I was in what's called Middle School now, my family had a big piece of property and we had chickens, ducks, a horse, pony, cow, and donkey, and cats, dogs and peacocks. Though not all at once. I have had canaries, parakeets and a parrot, too. No rodents, spiders, ferrets or wild animals. I have loved every one of them.
Andrea kitty

Edit: Also no snakes or anything like that. Ugh!

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/15/15 08:05 PM

TRippy, they had the run of the house. They went wherever they wanted. laugh

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/17/15 04:29 PM

Have to comment; Andrea, it would be ideal for those who love animals had a large place for the kinds they like. I know I would but would have to say no to wild animals. Snakes would be ok as long as they're not poisonous or very big.

Ana, weren't you afraid of stepping on them? I remember you talking about them in the past but not where they were kept.

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 06/17/15 06:34 PM

You always had to check the oven broiler and dryer before using them. You never knew where they'd be hiding. I just don't believe in caging animals, I think it's cruel.
Posted By: gymcandy1

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 07/05/15 01:01 AM

When my kids were little, I caught two baby prairie dogs. There was a huge prairie dog town surrounding a plant that I worked at. yes

We kept them for about a year, and then I took them back to the PDT and released them. thumbsup

They were cool little pets for a while, but they were both female, and they started getting a little bitchie. lol

joe
Posted By: MaG

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 07/05/15 01:21 AM

rotfl Joe!

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 07/05/15 02:13 AM

lol Alrighty then.

Re: Have you ever had a different type of pet or wanted one? - 07/05/15 03:17 AM

Fun comments.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community