GB HOMEPAGE

Couple o' pics from the weekend

Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 05:06 AM

We went up to our dinky little hunting cabin/shed for the weekend to see if we could catch the end of the peak fall colors. Turned out to be a beautiful weekend, clear and cool. Here's a couple pics of the area. The first one is off my friends dock, he's right around the corner from us. There are mostly pines around the lake so not a lot of color. We're not right on the lake, but only about a 5 minute walk from it. The next one is the aforementioned dinky cabin/shed with a storm door that badly needs replacing lol The next one is the view out our cabin door.

Lake

Our little cabin in the woods

View out of the front door
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 10:43 AM

Thanks for sharing Trail. It looks a bit isolated. Beautiful lake. Does your little cabin have running water? smile wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 01:26 PM

Thanks, looks nice Trail_Mystic
Posted By: MaG

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 02:12 PM

Nice and calming place. Great for meditation. Thanks for sharing Trail! wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 03:02 PM

What a wonderful retreat! Thanks for sharing, I can feel the peacefulness of it in the pictures.

Ana wave

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Kaki's Sister
Thanks for sharing Trail. It looks a bit isolated. Beautiful lake. Does your little cabin have running water? smile wave

Surprisingly enough it isn't quite as isolated as it looks. We are on a little over 3 acres, but just about 50 yards behind my truck is the road and right across the street are our neighbors. If you look at the photo real close, to the right of my truck you can see my neighbors cabin peaking through the trees. We also have someone living about 50 yards behind us. It's actually kind of a sub-division in the north woods around a small kettle lake that's a mix of recreational cabins like ours, even smaller hunting sheds and year 'round homes.

As for running water, we're kind of roughing it, although not as much as previous years. We have electricity and a well, but the well is what they call a "Topper" it has faucets outside - so no formal hot water unless we heat it up. You can see the loosely bundled hose to the left of my truck, that's hanging on the well assembly. We also have a whole 2 electrical outlets, even a microwave! lol

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 03:48 PM

Sounds wonderful to escape to for a few days!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 04:04 PM

Thanks for sharing your photos, Trail_Mystic. Your "getaway" looks just wonderful !! thumbsup
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 04:21 PM

Beautiful retreat! Unfortunately I just finished watching the new episode of The Walking Dead on AMC and the scenery around your cabin looks exactly like what all the zombies were trekking through. Araaaaaghhh! Can't get that picture out of my mind.

Still, a gorgeous place, looks like a great place to spend a weekend or longer. I'll be right out. wave
Posted By: connie

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 06:39 PM

Beautiful, wish I were there.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 06:58 PM

Very nice! My kind of place. wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 08:36 PM

Totally gorgeous! I'm jealous! puppy
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/12/15 09:53 PM

Can I get dibs on this weekend? lol

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/13/15 09:18 AM

I did see the well and wiring in the picture. Okay I have to ask. Do you have an outhouse too? grin wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/13/15 03:35 PM

Heavenly bliss! How far away is the lake?

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/13/15 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Kaki's Sister
I did see the well and wiring in the picture. Okay I have to ask. Do you have an outhouse too? grin wave

Yup, a deluxe outhouse with a shower lol It's a small barn shed that matches the cabin. I designed and built a composting toilet to make it easier to deal with our...er...stuff grin Then used a large utility tub, some PVC tubing and a couple of polyester shower curtains to make a shower enclosure. We use a Zodi Extreme Shower tank heated on top of our mini-propane stove/oven for hot water.

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Heavenly bliss! How far away is the lake?

About a 5-10 minute walk from our place depending on your pace.

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/13/15 07:37 PM

That's awesome Trail!

Re: Couple o' pics from the weekend - 10/14/15 09:58 AM

Ingenious Trail! thumbsup You thought of everything! lol wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community