GB HOMEPAGE

River (BBC TV series)

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

River (BBC TV series) - 11/19/15 12:39 AM

Interesting and odd, crime drama, Netflix recommend to me, "River". Detective Inspector John River (Stellan SkarsgÄrd) is obsessed with the murder of his partner DS Jackie "Stevie" Stevenson (Nicola Walker), a case he is not actually assigned to. His superiors think he's cracking up and this seems to be the case as he sees and has conversations with "Stevie". We see and hear her to but of course none of the other characters do. His partner is not the only person appearing to him who isn't actually there, he sees other dead people. He doesn't believe in ghosts, heaven or hell.

River is reading a book on Thomas Neill Cream, the Lambeth Poisoner who was executed in 1892. And has frequent chats with the man.

The series/season only runs for 6 episodes. So its not drawn out unreasonably.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: River (BBC TV series) - 11/19/15 12:44 AM

Sounds like it could be interesting. Thanks!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: River (BBC TV series) - 11/19/15 01:14 AM

thanks Guybrush thumbsup
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: River (BBC TV series) - 11/19/15 01:29 AM

I've been watching it. Interesting, mostly because of the acting (actors). A bit morose in spots but also has some humor. Took me a few minutes to realize which people were not really there (I see dead people). Good series.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: River (BBC TV series) - 11/19/15 10:16 AM

It sounds interesting Guybrush. Thanks.

Re: River (BBC TV series) - 11/19/15 06:47 PM

Yeah it a good thing is new partner was introduced to him by another officer.

Re: River (BBC TV series) - 11/20/15 09:12 PM

I'm beginning to think that River is the only one who sees clearly, except when it comes to his partner, then he's too close. Everyone is broken in some way, he at least knows it. Everyone else thinks their "normal". Drug addicts and professional criminals call him "nutter".

Oh and I agree with him about the lack of trees. It can't be healthy to live in city with no trees to recycle the air.
Posted By: colpet

Re: River (BBC TV series) - 11/24/15 02:08 AM

I watched all 6 this weekend. It was a little spooky, especially the first episode. Otherwise, I thought it was very well done and had a good twist to the usual damaged, loner detective.

Re: River (BBC TV series) - 11/24/15 05:10 AM

Done. I didn't know until River did who the killer was, and was almost as upset about it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community