GB HOMEPAGE

What?

Posted By: Geo

What? - 02/13/16 10:50 AM

I give up.
( http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/02/12/urinal-public-park-san-francisco-angers-residents )
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What? - 02/13/16 03:45 PM

lol

Ana wave
Posted By: soot

Re: What? - 02/13/16 04:53 PM

it's California...

lol
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: What? - 02/13/16 05:09 PM

I guess they prefer the alternative.
Posted By: Mad

Re: What? - 02/13/16 05:35 PM

UGH !!!! frown
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: What? - 02/13/16 05:45 PM

I'm sure this is great for when you want to visit the park with your kids. Unbelieveable. woozy
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: What? - 02/13/16 06:17 PM

What in the world???? And it's LESS private than a bush. Geez! I've seen 'open air' urinals in other countries that have a 'maze' type entrance so that once you turn the corner inside you can't be seen. It's open to the sky too and much more private. Yuk! I wonder when San Diego will have them in every park? rotfl They will give them some great buildup like: "Ecology friendly waste stations help beautify our local parks." OR " New open air urine recycling stations to be installed in all city parks to save water." Oh I could go on and on.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: What? - 02/13/16 06:35 PM

I'm just wondering how much harder it would have been to put walls around it. Would that make it a building that would require a lot of extra laws to follow or something? And - where is one for the ladies?
Posted By: TLC

Re: What? - 02/13/16 06:58 PM

What about us females who have to go? haha
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: What? - 02/13/16 07:32 PM

Sadly shaking head!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What? - 02/13/16 08:24 PM

Not gonna lie, I wish they had them along the bike trails for men and women! I'm always riding past people in the bushes because there are no alternatives!
Posted By: RebKean

Re: What? - 02/13/16 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Sorta Blonde
What in the world???? And it's LESS private than a bush. Geez! I've seen 'open air' urinals in other countries that have a 'maze' type entrance so that once you turn the corner inside you can't be seen. It's open to the sky too and much more private. Yuk! I wonder when San Diego will have them in every park? rotfl They will give them some great buildup like: "Ecology friendly waste stations help beautify our local parks." OR " New open air urine recycling stations to be installed in all city parks to save water." Oh I could go on and on.

I just remembered that there was one close to where I grew up. A round maze-thing.
Not a bad idea, but I don't remember seeing any mazes for women ... think
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: What? - 02/14/16 11:31 AM

Yikes!
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: What? - 02/14/16 05:50 PM

Here in San Diego, at the parks and beaches, we had huge wonderful concrete buildings with all the amenities. We have one right down the street at a small local park. Well, the buildings became a hangout for 'bad' activities, and then the transients MOVED IN, and claimed them as their 'homes'. So now the facilities are locked up tight most of the time (especially at night). I was afraid to go into our local one. Dark, no lights, all stalls with no doors, and more than likely transients sleeping in the corners or doing 'other' things. Ugh. There is no good answer.

Actually that 'semi-private' one by the train tracks was a good idea only it needs to be rethought. More coverage but not a solid wall. Maybe just a curtain you could pull around the entire thing and not all the way to the ground. Then you could see feet if someone was in there.

I wonder how much the 'inventors' of this little project got for their planning?
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: What? - 02/14/16 07:40 PM

What's really sad is that they spent $15,000.00 on it. Most city's public works departments have contracts with "Metro" style portable outhouse providers for when they are doing road construction and such. You'd think they could have just dropped a couple of those near by until they could come up with a more permanent solution. I've seen that done in a number of city parks during peak season to accommodate the increased traffic.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community