GB HOMEPAGE

Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home.

Posted By: TLC

Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/07/17 03:24 AM

My cat Scoop has been sick for awhile. Got a call from the Vet earlier tonight, saying he has kidney failure and wants to see him on Monday to see how bad it is. I love my old boy, so much!! I don't want to lose him but deep down, I know I will. cry
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 03:26 AM

Oh, TLC, that is so hard. I am so very very sorry to hear this. Gentle hugs to you and Scoop. We will pray for you both.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 03:28 AM

Prayers heading up for you and Scoop. hearts blackkitty

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 03:45 AM

Thank you! I need Monday to get here, so we can see how bad it is now.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 03:48 AM

I am sorry, TLC. I lost a cat to kidney failure three years ago and still miss him. I hope you will receive more positive news on Monday. flowers
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 04:44 AM

Yes, have had the kidney failure thing also. So sorry to hear this. I hope Scoop can be helped. How old is he TLC?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 05:50 AM

Sorry to hear that TLC. The only cat I ever had I lost to that when he was just a few years old.

Ana hearts
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 06:04 AM

That happened to my Polly in 2009. She was 12.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 08:40 AM

Sorry to hear that.Prayers for you and Scoop. flowers
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 11:15 AM

So sorry to hear about scoop TLC. My heart goes out to you. Prayers on the way.
Posted By: connie

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 01:50 PM

TLC, prayers for you and Scoop on the way. Hugs hearts
Posted By: MaG

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 02:11 PM

I'm sorry, Trudy.
Hugs to you and Scoop.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 03:50 PM

So sorry to hear that news, TLC sad

I send you and Scoop my very best hearts hearts hearts
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 04:23 PM

Sending HUGS and prayers!!!! hearts

HUGS
Nan

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 05:43 PM

Thanks so much everyone. hearts I'm thinking when they were treating him for intestine problems, the meds caused his kidneys to fail. cry He's around 10-12 maybe older, my daughter brought him over as a stray. We'll be taking him to the Vet on Monday to find out how bad it is but its not looking good. cry We couldn't get him to eat his prescription food for about 3 days, I gave that up and giving him, what he likes and he's always drinking water.

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 06:04 PM

sad
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 07:10 PM

Prayers for you and the kitty. I know the kidney failure bit. Sad, but there are treatments if the Vet thinks it will help. Hang in there. catrub

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/07/17 08:36 PM

Thanks Sorta Blonde. We'll find out on Monday, how bad it is etc. catrub I taught him how to kiss, he'll face down a bit and I kiss him on his head and sometimes, he'll let me kiss him on the mouth. kitty

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/13/17 05:15 PM

An update on Scoop. I've decided to have the vet teach us how to do the Sub Q treatments at home, to keep him hydrated and give him the best life he can have. hearts Thanks to Ana, for getting me to think in the right direction on his treatment. hearts
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Could use some prayers for my cat and me, please. - 01/13/17 06:00 PM

The sub-cutaneous injections of fluid are very easy to give as long as kitty tolerates them. Good luck!
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/13/17 06:19 PM

I really wish you both the best. I also have a cat right now with kidney problems. He has a stone (that's what we call it here anyway) in one of them and it's something that he will have for a while. The only thing to do now is give the necessary food and make sure he does the things he's supposed to do.
The food thing is hard, I know. My Max is very hard to please, but my vet says that they will eat when they're hungry. I know that this isn't written in stone, but if they're somewhat healthy, they probably won't starve themselves on purpose. When that happens it's probably due to not feeling well.

Anyway, there are a brand that vets sells, that is very tasty if they stop eating all together. Hill's a/d I think. I forced fed my Max this when he didn't eat and was feeling sick. That triggered his appetite and then he ate regular food. The vet also mentioned that they might like some Omega-3 oil on their food. That's a special oil for cats. Didn't work here though lol, but you never know.
I do understand that the food is extremely important for their kidneys, so I hope that it all goes well with that.

My very best thoughts to you both! hearts
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/13/17 06:27 PM

hearts TLC

Ana wave

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/13/17 07:27 PM

Big hugs.

It's always hard when our babies are hurting.

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/13/17 09:28 PM

All the best for tending to your pet, TLC hearts

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/13/17 10:34 PM

Thanks everyone. hearts Not letting him go without a fight. catrub
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/13/17 11:15 PM

Gad to read this!

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/14/17 12:41 AM

We have an appt with the vet tomorrow morning to learn how to do the Sub Q at home. catrub

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/14/17 12:53 AM

I'm happy there's a treatment for Scoop. I hope the subcutaneous treatments go well. catrub

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/14/17 02:15 AM

Prayers heading your way TLC. hearts blackkitty

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/14/17 02:44 AM

Thanks for the update TLC. Good luck to you both. I hope things go well for Scoop and you.
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/14/17 03:04 AM

Oh TLC, my heart goes out to you and your furry baby right now. I'm currently taking my ol' guy to the vet for what may be cancer or maybe kidney disease, and so I'm sending you big hugs and will keep you in my prayers. It's so hard when these little guys get sick, isn't it?

HUGS,
Tracy 🐱
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/14/17 06:56 AM

Hope all goes well for your kitty TLC! hearts

Mary wave

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/14/17 09:41 PM

Thanks everyone. hearts We have the Sub Q fluids at home to do every 48 hours. It was done at the Vet today, while they showed us how to do it. Wish us luck on Monday, we have to do it every 48 hrs. catrub

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/17/17 05:01 PM

So we made it through Scoop's 1st treatment at home with a lil hassle. The first needle, fluid wasn't coming out, so had to change to a new one. Then I put the needle in Scoop, pushed a lil too far and fluid was coming out at a different spot, so I pulled the needle back a lil. We didn't get as much in him as were supposed too, he started fighting it a bit but at least he did get some fluid. Hoping it goes easier next time. I was a nervous wreck. We have to do this, every 48 hrs and prescription food for kidney function. I hope he gets used to us doing it at home, it saves him from hated car rides to the Vet. catrub

Re: Update on Scoop. - 01/17/17 05:14 PM

I bet you get more comfortable with it as you do it more. luck

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/17/17 06:09 PM

Thanks Looney. hearts I have a friend who has been doing this treatment on her cat, for 2 yrs now. She said her Bear, just lays there for his treatments. catrub wavegirl

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/17/17 06:19 PM

There are actually some videos on YouTube of folks giving subcutaneous treatments to their cats. They make it look relatively easy, but I would be quite nervous doing this myself. I'm sure it gets better with time. And of course it's important that you try to stay calm and relaxed, for both yourself and the kitty. flowers
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/17/17 06:34 PM

Doctor TLC! I'm praying for you and the 'patient' that all goes well and everyone is back to normal soon. What a wonderful thing you are doing and I know from just trying to give a pill to any of my cats over the years, was a trying experience. Can't imagine the 'needle' bit. Ohhhhh!

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/17/17 06:59 PM

I'm sure you'll be doing everything fine in no time, TLC. You can't help but be nervous at first.
And good on you for helping your pet this way !! praise

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/18/17 12:42 AM

Thanks everyone. hearts catrub

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/18/17 09:34 PM

More prayers heading up for you and Scoop. catrub
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/19/17 11:37 AM

You did good TLC. Scoop is a lucky kitty to have you! Take Care. catrub

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/19/17 05:05 PM

Thanks so much everyone. hearts I had a lil goof up last night's treatment, while trying to take the used needle off, I jabbed myself with it, had 2 holes in my pointer finger. scared lol

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/20/17 12:56 AM

Scoop will have to nurse you TLC. lol

Re: Update on Scoop. 1st treatment at home. - 01/20/17 01:55 AM

Too funny Space Quest Fan. rotfl
© 2024 GameBoomers Community