GB HOMEPAGE

Inspector Maigret

Posted By: Cari

Inspector Maigret - 05/21/17 12:16 AM

Tonight I watched the first episode of Maigret played by Rowan Atkinson and I have a further two to catch up on. I have no idea if they will be available in the States or how they will be received.
The series are set in France of the 1950s, they are complex and almost nothing is what it seems, in fact it takes some degree on concentration to understand and stay with the many twist and turns to reach the conclusion. While they maybe too complex for the ordinary viewer they maybe very good for we gameboomers because we spend a lot of time solving puzzles.
The French locations feel authentic (Though I think the series was shot in Bulgaria) and the acting is first class, but sorry, Mr Bean is no where to be seen.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Inspector Maigret - 05/21/17 04:27 AM

I saw one on Youtube. I liked it. I like him in the Doctor Who parody Curse of Fatal Death and think he would be good as the Doctor for real.
Posted By: Cari

Re: Inspector Maigret - 05/21/17 09:06 AM

The thing I got from the program was that Maigret really cared about the characters, both the innocent and the guilty. I have never come across that before and in some ways it made the piece more true to life.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community