GB HOMEPAGE

Batman is dead!

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Batman is dead! - 06/10/17 07:35 PM

Adam West who is for me the only Bruce Wayne/Batman that counts has died at age 88.
Batman opening
Posted By: Marian

Re: Batman is dead! - 06/10/17 08:27 PM

I actually saw him and the guy who played Robin when I was living in New York City. I was 12, and my mother took me over to Central Park where they were making an appearance.

May he rest in peace.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Batman is dead! - 06/10/17 08:51 PM

I preferred that style Batman to the dark and gloomy one of today, but son tells me today's is truer to the graphic novels
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Batman is dead! - 06/11/17 01:59 AM

I had not heard this news. My prayers go out to his family.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Batman is dead! - 06/11/17 10:10 AM

I hadn't heard either. Sad news.
Posted By: RichAlexis

Re: Batman is dead! - 06/11/17 03:57 PM

Yes, sweet nostalgia, those Batman TV shows..... it was quite revolutionary at the time ... these shows may have started the notion of 'camp', not taking itself seriously and lots of asides and in-jokes. Mixed media! lol

I also feel sorry for Adam West, not just because he's no longer with us. I got the impression that, even though Batman ran only for three seasons, he could never escape the image, and afterwards his roles were mostly confined to cameos and guest spots parodying his Batman role.

I may be mistaken, but in general that's always something that bugs me, when often talented, versatile actors are seen as completely synonymous with the one successful part they played. I wish we as an audience wouldn't respond that way!

On the other hand, I think Adam West had come to terms with his 'fate'. Better to be famous for one thing, than not famous at all!

Best,

Rich

Posted By: soot

Re: Batman is dead! - 06/11/17 04:50 PM

Yes, the great circle of life continues. Loved the 1960s Batman TV series with the dynamic duo!

angel
© 2024 GameBoomers Community