GB HOMEPAGE

Needed Prayers

Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 04:34 PM

My best friend's Mom just got diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer. It's aggressive, stage III and she starts Chemo today. That will be followed by surgery to remove what has spread to the lymph nodes and perhaps radiation too. I'd never heard of that type of cancer, so I now know it's VERY rare, and even rarer in an 86 year old. She doesn't fit any of the usual 'profiles' for it. So strange.

Anyway, she's upbeat, optimistic, ready to do whatever. She even bought a wig (medicare paid for it) because she will lose all her hair in a few weeks. She is a medical doctor herself, so she knows all the good and bad about this.

Hoping for a good outcome, but it's not something that is curable. Hope is for maybe extending her time by 5-7 years. She wanted to get to 100 years, but according to my friend, is 'willing to split the difference'.

Please pray for her and her hubby and my friend (their son). Sad stuff, but she's an extraordinary fighter and will make the best of it.
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 05:42 PM

prayers being sent now
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 06:14 PM

Prayers heading up for all of you Sorta. hearts
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 06:28 PM

Prayers heading up!

Ana
Posted By: connie

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 07:19 PM

Prayers on the way,hugs too. hearts
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 08:08 PM

Oh goodness, Sorta, I'm so sorry! Prayers going up!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 09:14 PM

Sending prayers.
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 09:56 PM

hearts Prayers going up, Sorta. hearts
Posted By: family

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 10:16 PM

sending prayers to you.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/14/17 10:30 PM

Thanks guys. I'll update you as the chemo progresses. I'm hoping for the best. Gotta support my friend too. He's not the type to deal with bad times. He hides the emotions. At least he's told me so I can support him.
Posted By: soot

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/15/17 12:56 AM

angel Prayers winging their way to your friend's mom, friend and you SortaB

hearts
Posted By: Mad

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/15/17 06:52 AM

That's such sad news, Sorta Blonde. I send my very best for her and for her family and friends hearts
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Needed Prayers - 07/15/17 11:15 AM

Prayers for you Sorta and your friend are on the way!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community