GB HOMEPAGE

microsoft windows quesstion

Posted By: family

microsoft windows quesstion - 11/01/17 09:25 PM

are they getting rid of it. cool lab puppy i got a call saying they are.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/01/17 09:52 PM

That was a phishing call. I hope you didn't give them any information
Posted By: family

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/01/17 10:00 PM

i just hung up.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/01/17 10:54 PM

That's the thing to do
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/02/17 04:49 PM

I got a call at 11:00 PM last night from someone with a strong accent and lots of people talking in the background. I immediately recognized the 'your Windows have been compromised' pitch. So I interrupted his speech and said 'I don't have a computer'. To which he replied, 'someone in your house is using Windows' and I repeated, 'we don't have a computer, you must have the wrong number'. He paused and finally said, 'oh, sorry, goodbye'. Wow, it worked. No screaming, no call back. Amazing they called at 11 and the caller ID said, Las Vegas. Ha. I only answered because my sister is travelling down here from WA and they always stop in Las Vegas. Fooled me.

But Windows isn't going away, they just keep 'improving' it. smashpc
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/02/17 08:03 PM

I've more than once advised such callers that they're breaking the law by calling after 9:30 p.m.

"Telemarketing Rules that apply to both voice and fax telemarketing calls: Calling hours are restricted to weekdays (Monday to Friday) between 9:00 am and 9:30 pm and weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm."

And when I've encountered the Windows scam, I flat out tell them they're lying.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/04/17 01:04 AM

There's a message on my answering machine today that says my Microsoft license Windows Key has expired and a phone number to call for a new on. It states that this is an emergency.
Posted By: Marian

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/04/17 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
There's a message on my answering machine today that says my Microsoft license Windows Key has expired and a phone number to call for a new on. It states that this is an emergency.

Despicable. I haven't heard of that one before.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/04/17 04:02 AM

Good grief... will they stop at nothing!
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: microsoft windows quesstion - 11/04/17 04:26 PM

Wow oldbroad! I never got that ploy. Geez. Imagine some non-computer savvy person getting that one and actually calling and getting the NEW 'key'. Ohhhhhhh! They are getting more cunning every day. scared
© 2024 GameBoomers Community