GB HOMEPAGE

Mail Chime

Posted By: Geo

Mail Chime - 12/07/17 09:56 PM

Got my new "Mail Chime" today! It lets me know with 4 chimes and a led if the mail came so I don't have trounce through the snow to check. Neat gadget.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Mail Chime - 12/07/17 11:17 PM

How does it work? Do you have a mailbox at the end of a driveway?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Mail Chime - 12/08/17 12:47 AM

My mailbox is next to my door, but that would be cool if it was at the end of a driveway.

Re: Mail Chime - 12/08/17 02:51 AM

Its further than that ,its across the street. The mail boxes are located on the opposite side of the street to accommodate the right hand drive mail trucks. The device has a small battery operated transmitter mounted to the mail box door and a receiver inside the house. There must be some kind of motion detector device in the unit to detect the mail box door movement.
( http://www.mailchime.com/ )
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Mail Chime - 12/08/17 04:29 AM

Sounds like a great idea wave

Re: Mail Chime - 12/08/17 04:51 AM

Hmmm... up to 450 feet eh? Might have to look into one of these.

Re: Mail Chime - 12/08/17 09:40 AM

Draclvr look at the reviews for example on Amazon. Throw out the best (probably a brother) and the worst (probably just somebody ornery) before you buy. I don't even know if mine works yet.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Update----Works Perfect
Posted By: Mad

Re: Mail Chime - 12/08/17 06:42 PM

I've only got a boring bog-standard letterbox in my front door or else I'd LOVE to have one of these mail chimes laugh

Re: Mail Chime - 12/08/17 07:08 PM

That's pretty much what I do with all reviews, Geo!
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Mail Chime - 12/28/17 12:46 AM

Geo

Thank you so much for the recommendation for Mail Chime. I looked into it, purchased one, and I love it. I only have about 100 feet to where my rural mail box is but because I am on a route that is only fill in (no regular Mail Carrier) so I am always getting new carriers not familiar with the route and it takes them longer. Adding to that, I am the last of the route, my mail comes anywhere from 2:00pm to 9:00pm and this time of year is especially hectic when there are days that they don't even make it because it is too late for them. I get tired of walking out there in the cold every hour or so only to see they haven't come yet. Now I no longer have to do that all I do is sit back in the comfort of home and wait for the alarm and light to come on, its brilliant.

Re: Mail Chime - 12/28/17 01:46 AM

GreyFuss: Its like the greatest invention ever! I had to replace the cheap battery that came with it after a week,but after that its been great. If anyone buys one don't even bother with the battery included and just put a Duracell in there right away.

Re: Mail Chime - 12/28/17 04:09 AM

OK... I'm convinced!
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Mail Chime - 12/28/17 09:34 AM

Look forward to hearing what you think Tomato Lady
© 2024 GameBoomers Community