GB HOMEPAGE

How are you?

Posted By: RebKean

How are you? - 12/29/17 08:52 PM

Trying to understand taxes and book keeping can drive you to the brink of, well, sanity. woozy12
So I need a break. How are you doing? Or what? think
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: How are you? - 12/29/17 09:04 PM

It's rainy and just plain sloppy wet; good time to watch a movie: The Hobbit for the 3 time and then back to watch LOTR the Trilogy for the umpteenth time.
Hope you have a relaxing break.

Re: How are you? - 12/29/17 09:15 PM

Hah, my hubby bought a special edition of the Hobbit just this week. We have the Blu-ray already, but there were some journal thing included.
The only problem here is that he's not that used to impulse buying. So when we got it yesterday, it turned out it was just the last movie of the three, and the journal was just a notebook. laugh
I really need to teach him how to be impulsive but still look for important things, heh.

But I was thinking about watching them all again too. It fits the holidays for some reason.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: How are you? - 12/29/17 10:50 PM

We are sitting by the fire playing board games with the g'sons wave12

Re: How are you? - 12/29/17 10:55 PM

That sounds wonderful! I wish I had friends nearby that loved board games as much as I do. I force my hubby to play quiz games at Christmas lol. My wardrobes are full of games that requires more than two players.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: How are you? - 12/30/17 12:00 AM

Just finally got home. Ready to sit and watch the snow fall.

Re: How are you? - 12/30/17 12:06 AM

Nice! The snow is gone here. But it will return. Love it, since I can just watch and don't have to do anything about it, like use a shovel. =)
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: How are you? - 12/30/17 02:46 AM

Cold nights, warm days. Nothing pressing to do. Taking it easy and catching up on recorded TV stuff. Trying to decide when to get the latest lone kitten neutered or spayed. Wish I could see under all that long fur (it's really fuzzy long) to tell what sex it is. Just got it so I can pet it and grab it for a few seconds. Will take it to the Neuter Scooter that does low cost stuff. It's a never ending battle to grab all the strays and 'fix' them. Loads of fun to be had.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: How are you? - 12/30/17 03:09 AM

I was playing Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island but my mouse started acting up (I think just because I was in the game too long) so I am giving it a rest. Came on-line and discovered one of the authors I read has passed away (Sue Grafton). frown12

Other than that, I've been enjoying a wonderful week off of work since the company I work for decided to close for the week. Wish I never had to go back!

Re: How are you? - 12/30/17 03:16 AM

Sorta Blonde: It can be real tricky to tell the sex. I was lucky when my cat had kittens, 4 boys. No need to worry about inappropriate behaviour. Or perhaps they don't do that with family?

oldbroad: It feels like many people you "know" are passing. At least it feels like that for me. I guess I've reached an age when childhood idols are at risk so to speak.
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: How are you? - 12/30/17 06:40 PM

Kittens: I'm only worried about a rogue male wandering in and voila, more kittens. Got enough of that with the 'mom cat'. Can't catch her. She's a BAD mom. Usually only one kitten survives over 4 months. They just disappear and sometimes I find them next door all yukky. I really think mom kills them to make it easier on her. Terrible thought. This little one, so cute, so long haired, totally black with big round eyes is so cute. Gotta make sure it has a good life. The older ferals are doing great. Each has their own routine and area now. All neutered/spayed and keeping the mouse population down. You barely see them unless they come for food. Oldest is 10 years, youngest 6 months, mid ones are 1 year and a month or two. Mom cat is about 3 years. Only one unneutered male in the neighborhood and he doesn't belong to me. He lives somewhere down the block and comes for goodies. Can't figure out if he is a stray or actually has a home. I try to follow him, but he goes different ways. Probably a feral too, but keeps himself neat and clean and eats only when he's really hungry. See him most days and then not for awhile. Strange guy. I think he's the dad of this latest kitten but can't tell as mom had at least 2 'boyfriends' that I saw. The joys of living in a neighborhood with lots of open lots and trees and bushes and...perfect for wildlife of all kinds.

Re: How are you? - 12/31/17 12:04 AM

Oh dear, that's the saddest thing I've heard all day. Animals in need is the one thing that can almost kill me when thinking about it. All respect and love to you for helping out. hearts I'm not sure I could. I would be too sad. Or, well, if it was on my doorstep I guess I would do something. But for some reason animals get to me more than people. It hurts in a way I can't even explain. It sounds overly dramatic, but I'm not a drama queen. Just very sensitive. catrub
© 2024 GameBoomers Community