GB HOMEPAGE

55th anniversary of the deaths of Patsy Cline, Cowboy Copas and Hawkshaw Hakins

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

55th anniversary of the deaths of Patsy Cline, Cowboy Copas and Hawkshaw Hakins - 03/05/18 07:59 PM

March 5, 1963 pilot Randy Hughes and passengers Virginia Patterson Hensley aka Patsy Cline, Lloyd Estel Copas aka Cowboy Copas, and Harold Franklin Hawkins aka Hawkshaw Hawkins were killed when shortly after take off after refueling the pilot lost control of the Piper PA-24 Comanche airplane, which crashed outside Camden, Tennessee.

Hearing of the crash singer Roger Miller and a friend searched the woods, Miller said he ran through the forest screaming their names. They found the plane nose to the ground and all its occupants deceased.

Loretta Lynn initially stated she would not record any of her friend Patsy's songs because "it would hurt too much" but she did eventually record a tribute album of Patsy Cline's songs in 1977, " I Remember Patsy".

Paty Cline :"Crazy" on Youtube - written by Willie Nelson its probably Pasty Cline's best known record and in my opinion no one else should be allowed to record it. Every female country vocalist tries but none can hold a candle to Patsy Cline not even Loretta.

Cowboy Copas: "Signed, Sealed and Delivered"

Hawkshaw Hawkins: "Lonsome 7-7203" - written by Justin Tubb son of Ernest Tubb it was the last song recorded by Hawkshaw Hawkins and was a country #1 single for 4 weeks after his death. Hawkshaw Hawkins was married to country singer Jean Shepard who died September 25, 2016.
Posted By: Mad

Re: 55th anniversary of the deaths of Patsy Cline, Cowboy Copas and Hawkshaw Hakins - 03/05/18 10:34 PM

"Paty Cline :"Crazy" on Youtube - written by Willie Nelson its probably Pasty Cline's best known record and in my opinion no one else should be allowed to record it. Every female country vocalist tries but none can hold a candle to Patsy Cline not even Loretta."

I still play this one A LOT !! Love it thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community