GB HOMEPAGE

making 3 salads

Posted By: family

making 3 salads - 05/13/18 04:55 PM

since it is hot months i am making paula deen shrimp salad sandwich, Macaroni Salad, her son and potatoe salad the neeleys, do i peel or leave the skins on. cool lab puppy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 05:08 PM

That is personal preference. I like skin on, lots of folks I know don't.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 05:11 PM

thank you very much.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 05:20 PM

If you're using small red potatoes in particular, it's good to leave the skin on. But as Ana said, matter of preference otherwise.
Posted By: copper

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 07:30 PM

Hey family, I see from your profile that you are a cook, shouldn't we be asking you these questions??

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 07:42 PM

i was a cook at krystals, and my kind of cooking is tuna helper, meat loaf, using instant mashed potatoe, tuna noodle casserole, i never made macaroni salad. cool lab puppy i do not cook like paula deen nor ina garten, i am a beginner cook.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 09:04 PM

If you're still learning, maybe you should consider one of the popular cookbooks for beginners rather than trying to duplicate dishes from the cooking shows. Here's a good one. Just a suggestion.

https://www.amazon.com/Better-Homes-Gard...ardens+cookbook

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 09:26 PM

thank you very much sparkle.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 10:20 PM

You're welcome. You could probably find the book at WalMart or Sam's, as well as any book store, if you don't order from Amazon.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/13/18 10:39 PM

i am buying it at walmart.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/14/18 01:53 PM

they do not sell cookbooks, but i have a friend who brought it for me which will arrive 5-25, cooper, if i was a pro cook my eggs would not be green, the only pro cook is drac and other, i am a learning cook.
Posted By: copper

Re: making 3 salads - 05/14/18 06:00 PM

I'm learning every day about everything, so good luck family, enjoy your new cook book, my husband has taken up cooking since his retirement and he really enjoys it.

“The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: making 3 salads - 05/14/18 06:51 PM

Ha, ha! I'm hardly a "pro" cook. It's just that I've been cooking for over 50 years and have picked up lots of tricks and learned a lot. Probably learn the most from the epic fails I've had!

Re: making 3 salads - 05/15/18 12:51 PM

it will come next friday, can someone put learning cook so this does not happen again, cooper thought i was a pro cook, more sandra lee kind of cooking. cool lab puppy

Re: making 3 salads - 05/16/18 04:58 PM

Be sure to let me know if you find the cookbook helpful, family.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/16/18 06:01 PM

i will let you know.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/20/18 04:11 AM

cooper i did not know what a dutch oven was, nor 9x9 casserole dish, and i can not make fish and chip, i could not pick out a good frying machine, and cook catfish, i love fried foods, but as i said before i am a beginner cook.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/20/18 04:05 PM

A 9 x 9 casserole dish is simply a square dish 9 inches by 9 inches on each side. But if you don't have one, that just gives you a suggestion of what size dish to use. You can use any dish - round or square - that is close to that.

All you have to do is go to Google.com and type in "dutch oven" to find out what is is.

If you are looking for a good deep fryer, go to Amazon and type in deep fryer and you will get TONS of suggestions. Then you could go to a local story such as Wal Mart and buy one.

It will take awhile to figure it all out, but you're starting in a good place - a beginner's cook book!

Re: making 3 salads - 05/20/18 05:23 PM

drac you are right.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/22/18 09:32 PM

it came today, it had a hard boiled egg, i like soft boiled egg, and i had a hard time peeling the egg.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/22/18 09:49 PM

Eggs that are very fresh are really hard to peel. Peeling soft boiled eggs can be tricky - there are lots of youtube videow out there on how to do it. There are also little stands for them and you crack open the tops and eat the soft egg out of the shell. Hard boiled are cooked for approximately 10 minutes and soft boiled about 3 - 4 minutes. You may have to experiment with different times to get them the way you like them.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/22/18 09:56 PM

i will tried that, i am enjoying the book except peeling the eggs.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: making 3 salads - 05/22/18 10:04 PM

I never peeled soft boiled eggs. Just crack them open and scoop the egg out with a spoon. For me, the only problem is the egg is too hot to hold while scooping.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/22/18 10:24 PM

i will stick with hard boil eggs, i just need to find a way to peel them.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: making 3 salads - 05/22/18 11:20 PM

I have an Insta-Pot and love it for making hard boiled eggs. YOu can get the shell off every time in just a couple pieces.

Re: making 3 salads - 05/22/18 11:40 PM

Here's a tip.

https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a19141713/how-to-peel-hard-boiled-eggs/

Re: making 3 salads - 05/23/18 03:58 AM

Egglettes is what my sister said to use.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community