GB HOMEPAGE

What are You Watching 2?

Posted By: Space Quest Fan

What are You Watching 2? - 05/07/23 02:02 PM

Time for a new thread for all your great suggestions. If you have Apple TV the movie Ghosted was a lot of fun.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/07/23 04:18 PM

Thanks for starting a new thread SpaceQ! Lookin forward to all the suggestions!

For previous suggestions check here.

Posted By: Draclvr

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/08/23 02:37 AM

We started watching a new Netflix series called The Diplomat. So far, it's very good. Kerri Russel is a reluctant new ambassador to the UK following a terrorist attack on a UK ship. She is great.
Posted By: Lex

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/08/23 09:30 AM

Thanks for the tip Drac, I had been wondering about giving that a try and will certainly do so now: I think it may be from at least part of the same production team as Line Of Duty.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/09/23 06:58 AM

Also thanks for the tip Draclvr, I just watched the first episode of The Diplomat and yes so far so good, and yes Keri Russel is a great actress, really loved her role in
"The Americans".
Posted By: manxman

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/10/23 04:13 PM

and Mathew Rhys from the Americans is in the new Perry Mason series as Perry Mason wave

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/10/23 11:13 PM

Yes Mathew Rhys is a great actor and looking forward to catching on Season 2 of Perry Mason, lucky man being married to Keri Russel both great actors, I wonder if their 3 children will follow their footsteps?
Posted By: flotsam

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/11/23 11:34 PM

Just started Foundation which I had been meaning to catch for a while. One of the first science fiction books I ever read. So far so good.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/14/23 08:29 AM

Thanks for that mention flotsam: sounds like time to renew my Apple TV + subscription smile

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/14/23 05:32 PM

flotsam - I really liked Foundation. They should be ready for season 2 some time this summer.

Draclvr/Starcom - I like Keri Russell too. Have you seen the movie August Rush? I think any Keri fan would love that movie.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/14/23 08:26 PM

I have moved on a few episodes and am enjoying it a lot SQF. Good to hear there is a 2nd season yes
Posted By: hagatha

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/14/23 10:00 PM

Taking a break from Alchemy of Souls to watch Black Knight. It's quite good. Dystopian Science Fiction. I have to say, I'm impressed with some of the Korean shows.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/15/23 01:37 AM

I agree hagatha re Korean shows, particularly when it comes to horror or horror adjacent (Hellbound and Kingdom for example). I haven’t watched Black Knight but it is on my list.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/15/23 03:24 AM

Black Knight is a decent enough story wrapped in a Korean action flick.

I'm waiting to see if Kingdom gets renewed before starting it, but I have heard good things about it.

So far, though, Squid Game takes the cake.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/15/23 08:33 PM

Indeed it does hagatha yes

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/23/23 02:14 AM

While you wait for more squidness hagatha, maybe check out Alice in Borderland. Its also Korean and it has familiar aspects, not least of all the win at all costs games that are involved.
It has a Stranger Things vibe as well due to the YA protagonists.
I enjoyed both seasons but probably don't need another.
Posted By: TLC

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/25/23 03:08 PM

I've been watching The Chosen by Angel Studios on ROKU. It's about Jesus and his Disciples. I can't stop watching the 3 seasons and can't wait for the 4th. I love it! hearts

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/27/23 03:49 AM

Glad you are enjoying it TLC yes
Got to the end of Foundation and was well pleased. Another Apple show called Silo looks like it might be next on my list.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/27/23 01:55 PM

Just a few episodes of Alchemy of Souls left. They're more than an hour long, so I'm not blasting my way through it. It's a bit off the beaten track for me, with its dark themes mixed with cornball slapstick. Not for everyone but I've enjoyed it.

So much to choose from! Next week I'm going to cancel my cable since I haven't used it for more than a year.

TLC -- Norman Reedus is rather awesome, I agree. He would have been quite the presence on the catwalk in his former life as a model.

EDIT: So I'm watchin g The Last of Us, which is good, and then I think I'll try The Untamed, which is a Chinese fantasy series on Netflix. It got very good reviews. I watched the first episode last night and although I find the names confusing and all of the actors are stunningly beautiful and so far hard-to identify young men in white robes, it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/30/23 10:43 AM

Never heard of that hagatha- I will check it out yes
Posted By: TLC

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/30/23 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by hagatha
TLC -- Norman Reedus is rather awesome, I agree. He would have been quite the presence on the catwalk in his former life as a model.

hearts hearts hearts

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/31/23 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by flotsam
Never heard of that hagatha- I will check it out yes

I'm going to give it a try, just for something different.

I also really enjoyed Alchemy of Souls, though I would call it more of a guilty pleasure since it was silly and good at the same time. Light entertainment for when shows like The Last of Us get to be too heavy.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/31/23 05:50 AM

There is definitely a place for such things smile

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/31/23 10:55 AM

Anyone else watching The Swarm? A European thriller/horror series about eco-marine strange goings on partly based in hagatha's neck of the woods - took a while to get going and not sure where it is headed, but quite good fun! catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/31/23 01:47 PM

Where is that streaming, Lex?

I finished The Last of Us last night. Quite the ending, and a great setup for season 2. Both Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey are fabulous actors.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 05/31/23 02:09 PM

We are watching on Sky SF, but it also appears to be on Now TV https://www.nowtv.com/watch/the-swarm/iYEQZ1vXAStm8L7gseCemU

Just to confuse us, there appear to be some other shows with a similar name... lol

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/01/23 04:03 AM

I'm watching Signal, another KDrama. This one is science-fiction/murder mystery about a boy who witnesses the kidnapping of a little girl. It jumps between two time periods. So far it seems pretty good. The first episode is very long. It has stellar reviews. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

I'm on episode three, and Signal is pretty good! It's about a young cop/profiler who gets a message on an old walkie-talkie he finds one night. The message is from the past, about an unsolved serial killing 15 years earlier. Every night there is another message at the same time, and he starts to to talk to the officer from the past. It's a police drama but in the science fictional realm.

EDIT: And for you Justified fans, there will be a limited series sequel.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/02/23 07:48 AM

I will put that on my list too.
I am currently bingeing the latest season of The Great. Lewd, rude and so very cleverly entertaining and amusing.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/02/23 02:45 PM

One thing I've noticed about the KDramas is that they always interject a bit of over-the-top almost slapstick silliness, even into a dark drama like this one. There's always one or two clownish characters that don't add anything. Even in Squid Game the protagonist starts out a bit silly. But if you can get past that, Signal is a pretty good story with a strong female lead.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/05/23 11:30 PM

I know what you mean hagatha.
And I will certainly check out Signal. If you haven't already, have a look at Hellbound.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/07/23 12:39 AM

So, I'm nearing the end of Signal, and although it had a slowish start, it got more and more gripping as the episodes went on, and although there are specific cold cases that get investigated by the two detectives, they are part of a larger narrative and the over-arching story is really a mystery wrapped in a police drama.

I think the acting is really very good. The three leads are exceptional. The final "case" is an emotional roller-coaster.

EDIT: Of course Netflix is now recommending all sorts of KDramas to me, so I picked The Silent Seas. The first 4 are decent Mission-crashes-on-the-moon sci-fi, but one the fifth episode starts it becomes pretty thrilling. The premise is that Earth has finally run out of water, and the mission is to retrieve important samples from an abandoned research station on the moon. A good quick watch for a weekend.

EDIT: I started Manifest but decided that the acting was truly awful.

Now I'm watching All of Us are Dead. It's pretty good.
Posted By: soot

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/13/23 11:11 PM

We streamed "65" last night. Excellent 93 minute movie starring Adam Driver.

Sci-Fi / Action 🎬 movie genre

65 (2023) - IMDb

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/14/23 01:54 AM

I watched that a while ago hagatha. I enjoyed it but had forgotten all about it.
The lead female was in an excellent trippy series called Sense8 which is what initially attracted me.
Will check out 65 Dan - a quick look and it sounds like something I would enjoy.
In the meantime just started watching Beef on Netflix

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/14/23 03:52 PM

I really liked Beef. It was different and savagely funny at times.

All of Us are Dead is really worth watching if you're a fan of the Zombie genre. As the season unfolds, it's as much about the characters and their relationships as it is about zombies. Season 2 has been announced, which is great news.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/15/23 02:30 AM

Savagely funny is a very apt description yes

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/15/23 09:16 AM

Just watched the trailer for Beef, and like the look of that! catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/15/23 04:55 PM

So now I am at a loss as to what to watch. Netflix is sending me a never-ending stream of recommendations for K-Dramas, and I like that a lot of them are one-season-and-done, so no fear of cancellation. There's so much of it! I don't know where to start.

I went back to Manifest to see if it got any better, but the acting is just so off-putting I can't do it.

On the other hand, I might just re-watch Justified, one of my all-time favourites.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/16/23 06:50 AM

Given you liked All of Us Are Dead check out Sweet Home.
Altough Justified would be an awesome re-watch thumbsup

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/16/23 10:05 PM

I chose Kingdom. It's Game of Thrones but with zombies. Awesome! grin

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/16/23 11:48 PM

Good choice, Kingdom is great zombie

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/17/23 12:09 AM

And I think a third season is on the way.

Korean TV seems todo horror very well. I'm watching back-to back zombie apocalypses and it's anything but boring. And the K version of zombies move a lot faster than the Walking Dead. zombie

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/17/23 12:58 AM

There are some good K horror movies too - Train to Busan springs to zombie mind.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/17/23 05:51 PM

I might check those out. Train to Busan popped up in my recommendations, I think. I've heard of it, anyway.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/18/23 12:34 AM

I haven't seen the sequel (Peninsula) and it wasn't as well received but I think you would like the first one wave
Posted By: LouisOeuvrard

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/18/23 11:21 AM

Oh greatfull. But, do you watch Ted Lasso on Apple TV ? For global opionion, this a successful.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/19/23 12:27 AM

Going with another K Drama, since Netflix is sending so many recommendations my way. The Guardian has given this one a positive review, so I'll go with it.

I should have said the show in question is Mr. Sunshine. It's terrific. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/19/23 07:50 AM

Amazon Prime has quite a gritty old series called Accused from Jimmy McGovern which is worth a look (although a bit irritating for any purist criminal lawyers): I see that there appears to be a US version out this year on Fox but have not yet sampled that catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/19/23 01:44 PM

At 4 episodes in, I can highly recommend Mr. Sunshine to just about anyone.

It's set in Korea in the early 1900's. A former child slave manages to escape to America, joins the army, and returns as a diplomat, where under mysterious circumstances he meets a young noblewoman who is anything but a shy butterfly. I haven't got too far into the story, but the cinematography is gorgeous and the acting superb.

It's a story of war and espionage and old regimes toppling, and of course it is also a romance.

Great fun!

Oh, and no zombies.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/24/23 06:34 PM

I'm watching Silo on Apple TV, From on MGM, Rabbit Hole on Paramount +, the new season of Outlander on Starz, and if you liked extraction on Netflix you will want to see Extraction 2 on Netflix too.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/26/23 12:48 AM

A while back there was banter about the show Wednesday and in particular 'that' dance scene.
If you enjoyed that, in case you don't watch The Great here is another frenetic outing that is worth a watch.
Plus you get to hear a great Aussie band (and wonder how she could dance at all in those skirts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCZqOCZJ0fk

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/27/23 12:26 AM

That was great and what a stress relieving dance, flotsam! I felt it just watching!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/27/23 01:18 AM

SQF, I loved the Hugh Howie Silo books, and will be seeing if the show is streaming anywhere.

That dance scene is wonderful, if just a wee bit historically inaccurate. grin

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/30/23 02:13 AM

I am very much enjoying Silo and didn't know they were books so will check them out.
Glad you enjoyed the dance smile

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 06/30/23 02:51 AM

Flotsam, the books are pretty good.

Still watching Mr. Sunshine. It's a slow burn, but very lovely and a great story. Fantastic acting.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/03/23 01:26 AM

Loved the dance scene flotsam. I especially liked when she took her shoes off and decided to get down to some serious jamming.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/06/23 02:36 AM

She is certainly multi-talented.
Silo was excellent and ended somewhere I wasn't expecting. Have just bought the books hagatha, as given the writers strike, who knows how long I will have to wait to find out how it ends!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/07/23 09:25 AM

Soot I saw "65" too and enjoyed it. I also recently watched Avatar: The Way of Water. It was over 3 hours, but surprised me how it held my interest for that long! It was excellent!

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/07/23 01:37 PM

FINALLY started The Witcher... it has really grabbed me, maybe because I have played all the Witcher games.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/07/23 01:46 PM

The Witcher is very good. I'll be interested to see if it survives the cast change.

I'm still working on Mr. Sunshine. I don't have much TV time these days because of all the packing so I often don't watch for two or three days at a time.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/08/23 10:47 PM

A new season of Grantchester starts this Sunday night on PBS.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/09/23 05:55 AM

Woohoo I absolutely love Grantchester, looking forward to it, thanks for the heads up
Uncle Reg.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/09/23 08:59 AM

Looking forward to the new Season of Grantchester too Uncle Reg...saw some previews and it looks really good!

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/09/23 10:25 PM

I'm looking foward to Foundation season two starting this Friday July 14th.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/10/23 01:12 AM

Guenter and Petra said I need to watch The Night Manager. I looked, but didn't see it mentioned here. It sounds quite good!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/10/23 07:36 AM

Watched the first Episode of the new Season of Grantchester last night excellent! Watched Ridley on PBS too. I hope to see the second Season of The night manager when it comes back...its been a few years since the first.

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/10/23 08:00 AM

The Night Manager was pretty cool: definitely worth a look! thumbsup https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399664/

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/10/23 08:21 AM

Thanks Lex. yes

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/13/23 09:55 PM

[quote=hagatha]SQF, I loved the Hugh Howie Silo books, and will be seeing if the show is streaming anywhere.

The first season of Silo was excellent. I can't wait to see where the story goes next.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/16/23 09:41 PM

Season 2 of Foundation has started up. happydance

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/17/23 01:53 PM

No spoilers for those that may have recorded and not watched yet, but who saw the final Blacklist?

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/17/23 03:16 PM

I'm about 3 years behind on Blacklist. I think I might have to start it all over again.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/18/23 12:22 PM

An excellent and remarkable new true crime drama has just started on BBC in four parts - The Sixth Commandment
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-commandment-timothy-spall-b2377190.html
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ulate-a-piece-of-tv-as-you-will-ever-see

No doubt it will find its way to Netflix in due course

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/19/23 04:46 AM

I'll look for that.

I got stuck on Mr. Sunshine. I haven't been watching TV at all lately. Now I have some time I'll finish it.

Netflix is now ONLY suggesting Korean shows for me. I have to say, the ones I've watched are awfully good.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/20/23 08:31 AM

I saw the final Black List Ana! Well done and fitting ending! yes

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/20/23 12:59 PM

hagatha, Blacklist is worth finishing, it was a series that I thought actually unfolded a lot in the last season and wrapped up nicely!

I thought so too, Gerry! Not one of the 100 other endings my hubby and I thought was happening. lol

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/20/23 01:57 PM

It was a great ending ... and we both enjoyed the series.
Posted By: judith

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/20/23 05:02 PM

I was very disappointed with the ending of the Blacklist. There was way too many unanswered questions.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/21/23 08:23 AM

The ending was not what i expected either Ana. Judith I think "loose ends" made the ending of the Blacklist more dramatic!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/22/23 12:26 AM

I think they unraveled a lot in the last season of Blacklist and it left me satisfied. Far more than most series when they end.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/22/23 12:41 AM

I would have to start the series over again, so perhaps this winter I'll re-watch it. I was enjoying it.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/22/23 02:00 PM

I agree Ana. It was well acted too. Hagatha there are a lot of twists and turns in The Black List...I never got bored!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/28/23 09:37 AM

Anyone watching the PBS series Hope Street? It's pretty good. I noticed they are using the same location the series Sanditon was filmed. Beautiful location.

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/29/23 10:38 PM

OK so this is a younger persons show but I am loving The Summer I Turned Pretty on Amazon.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/29/23 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Space Quest Fan
OK so this is a younger persons show but I am loving The Summer I Turned Pretty on Amazon.

It seems to have pretty decent reviews. Looks like it could be charming.

These days YA seems to blur the lines between youth and adult anyways. Technically The 100 was YA, but it was still a decent sci-fi experience. Also, Buffy.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/30/23 12:14 AM

I felt the same way about Outer Banks on Netflix hagatha. I know it is for younger people but I loved it.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/30/23 12:59 AM

Thanks for the recommendations! We just finished the new series on Amazon Prime Video called Deadloch. It was quite entertaining especially after you get past the first couple episodes and get used to the personalities of the characters. I think it was quite worth the watch and only 8 episodes.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/30/23 03:07 PM

I've just seen two episodes but Special Ops: Lioness is very good. thumbsup

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 07/31/23 08:12 AM

Wish I could get that one Space Quest...it looked good in the previews.

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/01/23 01:30 AM

I wish you could too Gerry. I'm three episodes in and it is getting even better.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/01/23 08:29 AM

I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/05/23 09:25 AM

I've started watching another series on PBS called Before we die so far it's very good. thumbsup Has anybody watched it?

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/06/23 04:27 PM

We saw Before We Die a few years ago when it first came out in UK: quite powerful stuff as I recall.

Meanwhile a very interesting new thriller on BBC - Wolf, based on one of Mo Hayder's creepy tales about Jack Caffery (which are a good read by the way). blackkitty

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/06/23 09:40 PM

Lex they have mentioned Wolf on my BBC America...I hope I will be able to get it. Yes Before We Die was quite intense!

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/17/23 06:37 PM

I have "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher" stuck in my head! I found myself humming it in the local grocery store. Arghhhhh! lol

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/19/23 03:43 PM

I'm trying to remember the name of a show I watched a few years ago. I'm pretty sure it was like a mini-series with multiple episodes. It was about a polar expedition. Some, but not all of the members had been involved in a prior expedition that had met with some disaster, maybe a fire, where some members of the earlier expedition had died. During the course of the story, I think there were some flashbacks to events in the earlier expedition. As the story progressed, I think some members of the current expedition were dying, possibly being killed. There was quite a surprise twist at the end.

Does anybody remember the name of this show?

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/19/23 10:14 PM

Was it The Terror?

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/19/23 10:36 PM

No, that's not it. The one I'm thinking about did not take place on a ship. It was more like a base camp where members of the expedition might periodically go outside to do ???. I'm not sure what the purpose of the expedition was. It may have been to find out what happened on the earlier expedition.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/19/23 11:02 PM

Hagatha, I find myself with "toss a coin to your witcher" in my head quite often!

I just finished watching the Witcher Blood Origin series and found myself liking it quite a lot.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/20/23 03:56 AM

I'm watching the second half of season 3, and Blood Origin is next on the list. I'm sorry Henry Cavill is leaving the series. He's been a great Geralt. Hopefully his replacement will be good enough for the role. I know there's a lot of complaining about how the series doesn't follow the books exactly, but I've read them, and I think the show does the overall story justice. I like the series a lot; it's like a cross between the books and the games.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/20/23 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Reg

I'm trying to remember the name of a show I watched a few years ago. I'm pretty sure it was like a mini-series with multiple episodes. It was about a polar expedition. Some, but not all of the members had been involved in a prior expedition that had met with some disaster, maybe a fire, where some members of the earlier expedition had died. During the course of the story, I think there were some flashbacks to events in the earlier expedition. As the story progressed, I think some members of the current expedition were dying, possibly being killed. There was quite a surprise twist at the end.

Does anybody remember the name of this show?

I found it. It's called The Head.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/21/23 08:59 AM

Yikes Uncle Reg...I watched the trailer! The Head looks very scary and intense! Hope I get to see it if it comes out on DVD. I will put it on my list of to watch!
Thanks. thumbsup

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/22/23 03:27 AM

Watching Blood Origin now. It's fun. After that I have a few things lined up; a couple of K-horror dramas, and then I think there's a second season of the Lincoln Lawyer, which I liked.
Posted By: connie

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/22/23 11:29 AM

Yes hagatha, there is a second season of Lincoln Lawyer. I haven' started it yet, but will soon. smile

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/22/23 04:28 PM

I'm a bit disappointed with Witcher: Blood Origin. I'm absolutely certain that in the books and the games the first Witcher was Human, not Elven. Surely an origin story should be accurate? Anyway, it's a fun romp, if nothing else.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/23/23 05:50 AM

Am filling the space until Season 2 of Invasion starts so watched the first season of a British series called Kin, set in Dublin and revolving around a crime family. It was a good watch, and it set itself up for season 2 (which has screened elsewhere but isn't yet available here).
Glad you rememebered what it was Uncle Reg. I hadn't heard of it but it looks like something I would enjoy yes.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/23/23 08:17 AM

Hi flotsam. I have seen the previews of "Invasion" and look forward to being able to watch Season 1. I'll have to check out Kin. wave

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/23/23 08:19 PM

Hagatha, here is what I found in a search... I understood Blood Origin to be kind of a "prototype" of a Witcher too.

“We know in the books to a certain point how the witchers were created. The reason we call it Blood Origin is because we’re telling the tale of the first prototype of a witcher,” creator and showrunner Declan de Barra explained to ComicBook.com in a December 2022 interview. “This witcher is not the witcher we know who’s humanlike and, you know, can take potions and have powers. It’s 1.0. But it’s the origin of what enables witchers to exist in The Witcher world in Sapkowski’s books.”

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/27/23 01:40 AM

The recent release of the episodic game prompts me to mention that if you like big canvass sci-fi, full of large ideas and political intrigue, The Expanse is well worth checking out.
I only ever read the first book but they are well regarded also.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/27/23 03:57 PM

I finished Season 2 of Lincoln Lawyer -- a good, solid series -- and have now started Sweet Home, which is scared

Korean TV does horror so very well!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/28/23 11:42 AM

Looking forward to the second season of Wheel of Time in a few days. smile

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/29/23 05:07 AM

Is the second season of Wheel of time here already? That will next on the list.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/29/23 06:51 AM

Sweet Home is indeed good hagatha.
Try Hellbound next, or Alice in Borderland. All of Us Are Dead too! (and I am sure some of these have been discussed previously)

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 08/30/23 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by hagatha
Is the second season of Wheel of time here already? That will next on the list.

September 1st. Not long now hagatha.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/02/23 09:20 AM

I've been watching season 2 of the series Dark Winds on AMC...excellent show. Anybody else watched it?

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/02/23 06:01 PM

Just had a look at Dark Winds and see that it is based on books by Tony Hillerman which I read and enjoyed, also that the executive producers are George R R Martin and Robert Redford, so definitely on my list - thanks for the mention! catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/02/23 06:40 PM

Dark Winds definitely sounds like something to look into!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/02/23 07:30 PM

I think one of my streaming services has AMC+ so I'll have a look for Dark Winds. I read a few of Hillerman's books back in the day.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/03/23 01:00 AM

My husband and I started watching Dark Winds last year and really enjoyed it. We have started over twice this year and having a harder time following it. I don't know what it is about Season 2 but we are going to try a 3rd time. lol

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/03/23 09:51 AM

Irritatingly, it does not appear to be available in UK at present: I may have to look into one of those sneaky ways of pretending to be somewhere else...! wink

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/03/23 10:41 AM

Sorry you haven't been able to get it Lex. It is a great series and you probably would enjoy it even more as you have read the books it is based on.

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/05/23 03:42 PM

I'm going to wait until the whole season of Wheel of Time is available, so I decided to rewatch Good Omens; I watched the first season back when it first came out and have the 2nd season to look forward to. David Tennant is absolutely wonderful is this role. Just shows how versatile an actor he is.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/07/23 04:52 PM

Just come to the end of Grimm cry - for me, a really great watch so I may have to start again from the beginning fairly soon! An engaging mix of characters with absurd (and humorous) plot lines played wonderfully deadpan.

Entertaining without being taxing (in a positive rather than boring way) without offensive language or other potentially jarring content beyond some macabre and violent deaths (but not excessively graphic given the storylines)...

Now making do with Jack Ryan until I stumble on a new addiction.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/08/23 10:53 AM

Lex did you ever watch the series Line of Duty a BBC production? It was excellent!

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/09/23 09:34 AM

We certainly did Gerry - excellent must-watch stuff: we usually get those and other British productions quite a lot sooner than you do in USA, although I know that Netflix sometimes joins in some bigger productions with the BBC, in which case you may get them at the same time.

Most of our regular watching is still the original British channels despite access to Sky and other streaming services. BBC and ITV are now also offering streaming online via the BBC Iplayer and ITVX, but those may still be unavailable outside UK. blackkitty

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/09/23 11:31 AM

Four episodes into season 2 of The Wheel of Time and liking it. Special Ops: Lioness on Paramount + is pretty heavy subject matter but it was excellent. Having a cast with Zoe Saldana, Nicole Kidman, and Morgan Freeman does not disappoint. The woman who plays the lead is new to me, Laysla De Oliveira, but she is an incredible actress. If you can handle dark themes and violence this is well worth the ride.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/09/23 09:59 PM

I've been catching up with Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, which has been awesome. Just watched their musical episode "Subspace Rhapsody" and though it was a ton of fun. There was actually a part near the end that made me laugh so hard I snorted. lol You can tell they put a lot of work into it, and dang, they've got some amazing vocal talents in that cast.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/10/23 09:02 AM

Lex I love BBC productions they are so well done and the stories so unpredictable. Lots of the older series are out on DVD and i can rent them from our local libraries. Some day I hope to be to subscribe to "Brit Box" that has a lot of British series.

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/14/23 07:00 AM

Lex, Grimm was fun.

Finished Season 2 of Good Omens. Fantastic cast. Again, John Hamm was hilarious. Who knew?

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/14/23 08:56 AM

I'm watching Season 2 of Hope Street on my PBS channel...enjoying it. I recognize the location where they filmed it...same town as the PBS series Sanditon (based on Jane Austin's last novel). Anybody watched Sanditon? It was an excellent period piece.

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/14/23 04:44 PM

I think I may have to sign up for Paramount + in view of TM's recommendation of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds! blackkitty

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/15/23 06:21 AM

Lex, great minds thinking alike, I literally just signed up for Paramount + for the same reason. They now have all of the Star Trek content.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/15/23 07:51 AM

Last night Linda immediately locked on to 1883 because of Sam Elliott, so Star Trek will have to wait a bit: there are a few other good things there as well! lol

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/15/23 09:40 AM

Lex I watched 1883 on DVD from my local library...excellent...it was the prelude to Yellowstone. I just got Season One of 1923 from my library. It is another Yellowstone origin story. Will watch it this weekend!

Hagatha I watch the first Season of Star trek Strange New Worlds...waiting for more!

Gerry catrub
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/16/23 04:43 AM

The series Star Trek: Discovery precedes Strange New Worlds. If you want to see the build up, watch at least the first two seasons of Discovery. smile

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/16/23 12:34 PM

Didn't know that Trail_Mystic. Thanks. yes

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/16/23 03:38 PM

I was wondering where all the Star Trek went. The entire collection was on Crave TV here in Canada and the it wasn't. Now I know.

I'm watching Walking Dead: Dead City at the moment. It's not bad. Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Neegan is closer to the original iteration of the Neegan character by necessity, which makes for interesting times. I'll give it a try.

The other show I'm most interested in is the Justified reboot; City Primeval. The whole season is on AMC+. Justified remains one of my favourite shows ever, so I hope this lives up to the original.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/16/23 04:19 PM

Hagatha I watched the first Season of Walking Dead:Dead City already. I wish the season wasn't so short...you just start to get into it and it ended.

I've also watched the new "reboot" of Justified...not nearly as good as the original series. The main character, Raylan really looks like he's aged...he looks so thin to me. He doesn't have that same feel to the character...at least I don't think so. I will be curious to see how you feel about it.

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/22/23 06:24 PM

Getting quite into Star Trek: Discovery thanks to T_M's mention, usually while I wait for Linda to come to watch 1883 (as she is not a Trekkie)! smile

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/23/23 12:47 AM

I share your view on the reboot Gerry, although I did enjoy watching it. I also didn't realise that Raylen's on-screen daughter is also his real life one!
Finally got the chance to watch the end of Foundation Season 2. I will definitely have to watch it through again in one go, and might have to revisit the novels.
Now if only Invasion would come down a bit faster wave

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/23/23 10:10 AM

Flotsam I did watch the whole thing too, but I didn't know that was his real daughter. She is a good actress. I will have to wait for invasion to come out on DVD to watch it. I've sen the previews and it looks really good.

Lex I watched 1883 and just finished the first season of "1923" which is another prequel to Yellowstone. It was excellent as well.

I've also seen previews to the new series with Nichole Kidman called "Special Opps: Lioness". Has anybody heard about it or watched it yet?

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/24/23 09:44 AM

Special Ops: Lioness has also had some publicity over here and I think may be on Paramount Plus, but it rather looked like yet another vehicle to try to eradicate any difference between the sexes in the name of supposed removal of discrimination - or perhaps I am just being cynical, and of course sexist! shame lol

I will have to dip into Disney Plus for a month to give Justified: City Primeval a shot.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/24/23 10:23 AM

Lex I thought Lioness was a Spy series about the CIA 's war on terror. You cynical and sexist?...never...not on GB!! rolleyes lol

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/27/23 04:15 AM

Speaking of the war on terror, I rewatched Eye in The Sky yesterday. Its an excellent thriller that also captures some of the ethical and political decisions involved, and of course the buck-passing and 'bum' covering.
It's also Alan Rickman's last film I believe, and he and Helen Mirren are reason enough to watch.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/27/23 06:58 AM

Thanks flotsam...I will check it out. Sounds really good. I love Helen Mirren...one of the all time greats. thumbsup

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/27/23 10:05 AM

I echo the recommendation for Eye in The Sky which we saw a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed. thumbsup

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 09/27/23 09:04 PM

Thanks lex I trust your judgement too! thumbsup

Gerry catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 10/01/23 02:58 PM

I'm watching Season 2 of Wheel of Time. I think the show is getting better. Looking forward to Season 3.

I'm trying to come up with a list of shows to watch while my mother is here.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 10/01/23 09:43 PM

I'm watching Wheel of Time too and surprisingly I'm liking it. I was not a fan of the books so this is a surprise for me. I emjoyed the new season of Virgin River on Netflix too.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 10/02/23 02:13 AM

I gave up on the WOT books after Robert Jordan died -- not a Brandon Sanderson fan and I was getting awfully tired of the series since Jordan milked it for all it was worth, sacrificing story for volume. Hopefully the series will continue being good and will be able to tell the whole story.

EDIT: We're watching Lupin. I'd seen the first two seasons already but it's enough fun to watch again. We're about to start the third season.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 11/21/23 01:42 PM

If you liked the previuos Equalizer film you will enjoy Equalizer 3. The final season of Billions was also excellent.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 11/25/23 09:27 AM

For All Mankind is back for another season on Apple TV +: not yet as compelling as the earlier seasons, but it may get there!

We are also watching a rather strange but enjoyable new comedy thriller on BBC - Boat Story blackkitty

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/05/23 04:18 AM

I recently finished watching Barry. The first two seasons were excellent; I thought it started to take itself too seriously in the last two seasons, but it is still well worth watching.

On a recommendation from a family member I started watching A Discovery of Witches but the casting of the two leads seems way off and I found it tiresome and hard to watch as a result. I'll have to go back to my various lists to find something else.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/05/23 04:32 PM

A Discovery of Witches is on my list... I did like the books.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/15/23 10:38 AM

We enjoyed the first series of Discovery of Witches, but not so much some of the later ones.

Currently on the fourth season of For All Mankind but have also started again at season one: that is such an exceptional bit of TV - top quality near future SF, very highly recommended. thumbsup12

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/23/23 12:31 AM

Am watching the current season as well Lex and agree with your take.
The new season of Fargo is tickling my fancy as well wave12

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/23/23 02:14 AM

We just started the newest Fargo and are loving it! As always, it's... ummm... quirky??!!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/23/23 03:16 AM

A perfect description Draclvr thumbsup12

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/23/23 04:04 AM

I am also loving the new season of Fargo.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/23/23 03:39 PM

We have been enjoying the new season of Fargo as well. It's my favorite season yet.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/27/23 12:05 PM

I was not aware of this, but the trailer looks promising, so we'l! be jumping in! thanks for the mention. blackkitty

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/28/23 01:20 PM

I enjoyed Discovery of Witches and Wheel of Time. I'm watching Mayfair Witches and waiting for Sanctuary: A Witches Tale.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/28/23 02:27 PM

The new season of Fargo thumbsup12

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/31/23 01:41 PM

I loved the first seasons of Fargo but I don't think it's streaming on any of my platforms. I'll have to check.

I'm in the middle of Season 2 of Sweet Home.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 12/31/23 04:37 PM

The current season of Fargo is one of their best! We are loving it.

We're also watching the new season of Reacher.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/04/24 02:24 PM

We've started watching the second season of Jack Reacher.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/05/24 02:25 AM

Just finished up the final season of The Crown. Back to my list to see what's next.
Posted By: Mad

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/12/24 08:45 PM

I watched Shutter Island yesterday and really enjoyed it happydance12 [Haven't seen it for years.]

I think I have the PC Game somewhere too, so I will have to dig it out and see how it compares laugh

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/14/24 04:29 AM

Looking forward to the final epsiode of this season of Fargo. All nicely set up, to say the least!
In the meantime finished the current season of For All Mankind. Not as strong as some other seasons but still a good watch. I also read a rather interesting article that said the way things are developing it feels a bit like a prequel to The Expanse (a very excellent series akso). I can see where that idea comes from.
I didn't know there was a game version of that Mad. I will have to check it out.
wave

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/14/24 04:48 AM

I'm watching Bodies, which is pretty good. A time-travel whodunnit.

I just realized that my Crave streaming service has the whole Fargo series so that will definitely be my next pick.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/14/24 03:45 PM

flotsam, I'm very excited to see how Fargo will wrap up. Definitely one of the best seasons yet! I love Dot!

I'm also really looking forward to the season finale of Found.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/14/24 05:25 PM

I am going to hate to see Fargo end this season. I agree - one of the best seasons yet! Jon Hamm grew up in Missouri and is well-known in the St. Louis area. He is playing the perfect villain! I can't remember the actor's name who is playing Gator, but he is also sweet Steve on Stranger Things. Now that's a change in roles! And the creepy Old Munch dude is awesome.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/27/24 11:31 AM

More good stuff from Apple TV + with Masters Of The Air https://tv.apple.com/us/show/masters-of-the-air/umc.cmc.7bxcni0vwgll9kmicq738k5q2

... although we are still very much hooked on their For All Mankind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZS9M52Bd_w thumbsup thumbsup

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/28/24 09:36 PM

Bah! Turns out Fargo isn't on my streaming service, after all. It shows up in the search but it is "not available." Not sure what that's all about.

I just watched Red Rose, which really picked up steam as the episodes went on.

Before that I watched Fool Me Once, which was utterly forgettable; so much so that I actually had to go and look up its name just now.

Currently I'm watching Hellbound, which has an intriguing premise but is ultra-violent; excessively so, IMHO, and I don't usually mind violence if it serves the plot.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/29/24 06:12 AM

There's a new season (#11) of Father Brown just started on BritBox, and a 4th season of True Detective on Max ( formerly HBO).

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 01/29/24 12:43 PM

I binged the the first season of Reacher, and just finished the second season. WoW

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/05/24 12:47 AM

Maybe its time I watched Reacher. It sounds very good.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/05/24 06:05 PM

Reacher is quite a good fun piece of thud and blunder. thumbsup

We are watching the second season of Trigger Point for some edge of your seat explosive action...
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...omb-disposal-drama-goes-harder-than-ever

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/05/24 10:37 PM

Us too Lex. We are three episodes in and it never lets up!
Watched the new season of Kin recently as well. Gritty Dublin crime family goings-on that are well worth looking in on. I would suggest though you do watch season 1 first.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/10/24 07:07 AM

Season 13 of Vera is scheduled to start on BritBox on Feb 28.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/10/24 10:26 AM

We had a look at the beginning of Kin, but it did not really grab us: might give it another try.

Meanwhile there is the spooky new season of True Detective - Night Country... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS5bk7XiNVU
eek

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/13/24 04:03 AM

Change of tack to a movie, but do yourself a favour and watch A Ghost Story.
Its one of those films I am happy to watch again with a new audience. My most recent viewing was with my daughter.
It isn't remotely scary, rather its a poignantly sad and insighful take on the longing, loss and grief that accompanies a death. Its told in a very unique way.
Cinematography is a treat, and is the anathema of the jittery hand-held camera approach. Still is a word that resonates.
Quiet is another; you can say so much without words. The pie eating scene is probably the highlight of both.
And Rooney Mara is exceptional.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/14/24 03:57 AM

And am looking forward to the final episode of the current True Detective season happydance

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/14/24 10:00 PM

flotsam, it sure is a quick season of True Detective, but I too am looking forward to seeing the finale. It's been very engaging so far!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/14/24 10:36 PM

I am loving True Detective too! It is loosely based on the Dyatlov Pass incident in 1959 when several students died and they mystery has never been solved. I recently played a game called Kholat that was also based on Dyatlov.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/15/24 12:18 AM

I just looked that up Drac, and read it to my husband. I love the conclusions that were drawn especially the reopened investigation in 2019. Thanks for the info!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/15/24 12:20 AM

I don't think I buy those 2019 conclusions! Kholat was pretty creepy!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/15/24 01:11 AM

lol Me neither, Drac! Typical sweep it under the rug and close the books conclusion.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/15/24 01:13 AM

Yup!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/15/24 07:04 PM

That's a pretty interesting story. I do find it possible that it was natural causes; chunks of fast-moving ice in an avalanche could cause those massive impact injuries and small animals could account for the missing facial tissue. But it makes a really creepy story nonetheless, no less compelling than speculation about what happened to the Franklin expedition.

At any rate, I'll definitely be watching this at some point since it sounds wonderful.

EDIT: I've been watching the KDrama Stranger, which started out as a police procedural with a small twist and has become intensely watchable as the season progresses. Bae Doona has become one of my all-time favourite actresses. She's amazing in everything I've seen her in (Silent Sea, Sense8, Kingdom).

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 02/28/24 06:09 AM

Started watching the latest iteration of Shogun (on Disney), as well as Constellation (on Apple).
The first is only 2 episodes in but is way better than I remember the 80's version, not least of all because there isn't the weird voice over. The political intrigue stands out, but so too the cultural immersion. Somewhat oddly the Japanese language is spoken and subtitled, but the Portugese is in English, but it works.
The latter is 4 episodes in and the sci-fi is 'harder' than other of Apple's sci-fi outings but still thought provokingly accessible. The science reminded me of Devs.
Early days on both but so good so far.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/04/24 10:23 AM

Greatly enjoying season 5 of Fargo which has finally popped up on Amazon Prime here: a wonderful collection of weird characters with plenty of humour to go with the violence! thumbsup

Otherwise still working through For All Mankind interspersed with Masters of the Air, and several other Apple TV + items in the queue...

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/05/24 03:32 AM

I'm currently watching Gyongseong Creature, which is obviously a creature-feature, but it's pretty good! Evil scientist, old hospital with creepy basement levels, romance and action, and a monster created in a military laboratory. What's not to like?

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/05/24 04:03 AM

I agree hagatha - it was a good watch yes

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/05/24 07:48 PM

There's a Season 2 coming.

I'm really enjoying the Korean shows. They do horror so well.

Stranger, the KDrama, was good, too; very well acted. Quite serious in tone. Well worth watching, I thought. I got very fond of the main characters.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/06/24 11:19 PM

Hubby and I just finished the last episode of The Expanse. Now sampling to see what will be our post dinner viewing for a bit.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/07/24 03:51 PM

The Expanse is one of my all-time favourites. I read the books immediately afterwards and the show perfectly reflected the characters. Brilliant casting.

I decided to take a break from sub-titles and am re-watching Justified, another of my all-time favourites.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/15/24 11:58 PM

If you like a bit of time loop stuff the two seasons of The Lazarus Project are a bit of dramatic fun.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/16/24 08:01 PM

I really enjoyed the movie The Gentlemen and the Netflix series based on the same was excellent. I also would suggest the new Dune movies for any fans of that universe.
Posted By: Marian

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/16/24 08:11 PM

Nice to see you here, SQ! wave

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/17/24 11:45 PM

Thanks Marian. smile

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/18/24 06:44 PM

I'm looking forward to The Three Body Problem, and I am very, very curious about the new Fallout series. I'll watch anything with Walton Goggins in it, but this one definitely has piqued my curiosity as a long-term obsessive Fallout player.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/22/24 01:58 AM

Just caught up with Constellation, another excellent bit of (trippy) sci-fi on Apple. Quantum mechanics and all that!
As a platform Apple seems to do sci-fi really well

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/23/24 05:08 AM

I see that The 3 Body Problem is now streaming. I'll finish up my season of Justified and get watching that instead.

EDIT: So, two episodes in on 3 Body Problem and I'm totally hooked.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/25/24 11:29 PM

I think I will have to do that one next hagatha.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/26/24 03:30 AM

I found the books to be a bit dry and didn't make it through all 3 of them. Hopefully Netflix won't cancel it.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/28/24 03:08 AM

I only read the first one.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/28/24 06:14 PM

I haven't read any as they sound rather impenetrable, but I aim to give the TV series a try

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 03/28/24 07:59 PM

The books tell a great story but they aren't character-driven. The show definitely improves on that. Since the author is involved in the Netflix production I'm sure he approves of the direction it's taken. I'm down to the last episode, and I'm really looking forward to it. .

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/06/24 07:52 AM

Just binged Ripley. It’s a beautifully shot and exquisitely written must see thriller.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/06/24 03:06 PM

I really enjoyed 3 Body Problem. The dynamic between the group of friends was awesome.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/06/24 09:14 PM

I also thought the relationships in 3 Body were great, improving vastly on the book in that regard. It was a very good production and I do hope we get the two more seasons needed to tell the entire story.

I'm back to Justified, which I'm enjoying even more the second time around. It really is a wonderful show and is definitely in my top 15 if not my top ten.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/09/24 08:34 PM

Maybe it is because I read the books but Dune Part 2 was epic! thumbsup

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/11/24 12:09 AM

I agree SQF.
Am about to watch the first episode of Fallout - I am very excited happydance

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/14/24 12:58 PM

Flotsam, I really enjoyed Fallout. The first couple of episodes had me worried, but by the end I believe they really nailed it and I can't wait for the next season. I loved seeing all the old familiar Fallout things and I'm especially happy to see Dogmeat!

It's also a critical success; the Guardian gave it 5 stars. I've never seen a 5-star review in the Guardian before!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/14/24 07:30 PM

I just finished Fallout. Like hagatha I wasn't sure during episode one but they tied everything together really well. It felt like a combination of Silo, Westworld and Walking Dead to me.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/16/24 07:18 PM

There was a nod to just about every facet of the Fallout worlds. I'm playing Fallout 76 right now and I'm happily surprised at how much of the detail they got right. The only things really missing so far are Supermutant colonies and hordes of feral ghouls.

Yum Yum Devilled Eggs, anyone?
Posted By: lspace

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/16/24 07:49 PM

Has anyone watched Baby Reindeer on Netflix? It's a true story of what happened to the actor who plays the lead role. Warning though, some scenes are quite intense and could be triggering for some people. The acting is superb. Rotten Tomatoes gives it 100%. And it is well earned.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/16/24 09:19 PM

Thanks for the headsup, lspace! I'll check it out!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/16/24 09:37 PM

I just watched the trailer and it looked comedic to me. ? I'm guessing like a defense mechanism?

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/17/24 06:58 AM

Going backwards a bit, I agree they nailed Fallout. It took a little while to get you there but it so delivered a legitmate Fallout experience. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/17/24 08:15 AM

I just watch a trailer on utube of 3 Body Problem...it looks really good!

Gerry

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/17/24 08:16 AM

I am still enjoying Foundation, but meanwhile there is a second season of the excellent Blue Lights just starting on BBC: definitely worth a look if you have not already tried it https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14466018/ thumbsup

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/17/24 02:29 PM

I just watched the first episode of Fallout. So many familiar places already! Walton Goggins is great! Really loving it...

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/18/24 02:07 AM

Gerry, I absolutely loved 3-Body Problem and am looking forward to Season 2.

Draclvr, I was really worried they'd mess up Fallout, but for the most part they pulled it off. Walton Goggins is great in every role he's ever played. I also loved Michael Rappaport's whiny snivelling Brotherhood Knight, and the cheeky way they made the Knight's voices sound deeper and more menacing through the Power Armour. The details are amazing. One of the first things I noticed was someone getting killed with a doll's arm shot from a Junk Jet.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/18/24 03:09 AM

I noticed that too... I was like, yes, this is Fallout!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/18/24 04:19 PM

I am watching the Yellowstone TV series shocked

Finishing season 1 tonight... and starting S2 I think 🤔
Most excellent bravo

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/18/24 04:38 PM

I hear Yellowstone is good. It might end up on my list.

Next up I'll watch the last season of Discovery and then I'm going to see about finding a way to watch Slow Horses. I loved the books. and I hear the series is excellent.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/18/24 09:30 PM

Both Yellowstone and Slow Horses were a big thumbsup for me.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/21/24 12:36 PM

Yellowstone looked good to us, but we have only watched the first season so far: too much good stuff elsewhere right now (including Fallout which has prompted me to buy the game Fallout 4 in the Steam sale!) catrub

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/23/24 08:07 PM

Watching Franklin on Apple TV. I love anything history related.

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/24/24 12:35 AM

I just finished Baby Reindeer last night. I have to say it is not my usual type of things I watch, but I was heavily invested in it and couldn't wait to finish to see what happens. I was so involved I even googled to find out more on the story since it's a true story. It was very good!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/25/24 11:25 PM

Baby Reindeer looked kinda compelling so I might give that a go based on your comments BET.
Finished 3 Body Problem which was very good, although I impatiently want to know what happens!!

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/29/24 10:36 PM

I'm just about to finish Justified. It truly is one of the finest shows I've ever watched, and i enjoyed it more this second time around. Every single character is perfectly cast. The story is utterly compelling, with never a dull moment. And who doesn't love Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins?

Re: What are You Watching 2? - 04/30/24 02:31 AM

Yes to all of the above! I might have to do a second watch of Justified.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community