GB HOMEPAGE

Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting

Posted By: VRMpls2

Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:36 AM

I bought the game, but when I installed it, Norton said there was a high risk file, which was the exe. file. It took it off. When I disabled Norton, I could get the game, but it stopped my sound from working in everything. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks. Vicki
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:38 AM

That happened to me too. I simply opened up my Norton Quarantine file and restored the Corrosion file and the game runs perfectly.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 11:22 AM

Hi GreyFuss smile

Norton Internet Security took out all my downloaded files too.

So, after reading your post, I looked in Quarantine, found the entry and selected "restore" - after which a "corrosion- cold winter waiting installer.exe" icon promptly appeared on my desktop.

However, when I double click on it, I get the error message "Launcher error. Failed to read setup engine".

Do you have any idea what I could try next - or is all lost eek

Cheers.

Mad crazy
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 12:03 PM

I did find them quarantine area of Norton, and since I had tried to install several times, it put the virus file in several times. I said to restore all of them, one at a time and replace. It is still working, even with Norton on. I did disable Norton to instal it, and then turned it back on to play. Vicki

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 12:41 PM

Hi VRMpls2 smile

I was never able to try and install my download, it was quarantined by Norton before I got chance.

There is just the one entry in the Quarantine section - which I asked to be restored - and which I presume is what then appeared on my desktop - because the icon is for the "installer exe".

But with Norton enabled or disabled, I get the same error message if I double click on it :

"Launcher error. Failed to read setup engine".

Cheers.

Mad rolleyes
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 01:04 PM

Hi Mad

You didn't uninstall what was left of the Corrosion game files you downloaded after Norton Quarantined the one file did you? For me Norton only Quarantined one file. I believe the game will install even after Norton Guarantees the file. Leave the game installed and then Restore the Norton one. If you deleted them then the file you Restored from Norton has nothing to go with. I don't know if Windows 7 is any different if that is what you are running.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 01:22 PM

Hi GreyFuss smile

I didn't do anything except look in Quarantine, see the entry (just the one) and select the "restore" option.

I've just now done a search from the Start Menu and the item on my desktop (229KB installer exe) is all that came up.

I don't understand what you are saying about "leave the game installed".
As I thought I'd explained, I can't install it woozy

[I'm running WinXP Home.]

Cheers.

Mad slapforehead
Posted By: Creeping_Doom

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 01:40 PM

There appears to be a running theme here with Norton Antivirus recognizing this as a false positive . Perhaps the game's .exe file should be submitted to Symantec as a false positive , so that the file in question will no longer cause an alert or quarantine in the future . Either that , or uninstall Norton completely . I have the demo , and experienced no problems with launching the game . Then again , I do not use Norton Antivirus .
Posted By: jmdsmd1

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 01:48 PM

Hi All,

I had the same problem as Mad and I don't use Norton.
I uninstalled and disabled my firewall and then reinstalled.It worked but then the serial numbers didn't work to activate the game. I contacted the support both at Trisynergy and Plimus and received an email half a day later from Tad with a reset download and new serial numbers and it worked without a problem. He stated they had a technical glitch with their digital software signature which they were resolving and apologized profusely. So if you contact them you will get the same reset download and ultimately be able to play but I think you have to disable your firewall temporarily regardless. Hope this helps.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 02:00 PM

Hi Creeping_Doom smile

I wouldn't dream of uninstalling my Norton Security because of this one situation. I'm quite sure the problem can be resolved. Probably by the file being submitted to Norton, as you suggest.

But for now, I'm attempting to see if the files I restored from Quarantine can be resuscitated at all.

If they can't, I will have to wait for a reply from the download people because I've apparently used up all my download allowance so I can't try again !!

Cheers.

Mad scared

EDIT :

Aaaaahhhh !! You have given me hope, jmdsmd1 !!

Could you please let me have the email address for this "Tad" person ??
Plimus instructed me to contact Trisynergy - which I did - but they haven't replied as yet.

[My email address is in my profile or you can send me a private message here at Gameboomers.]

Thanks thumbsup

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 02:43 PM

This was Trisynergy's response

Dear sir or Madam,

We recently had an issue with our licensing of Corrosion. Let me first apologize for this error. We have fixed the problem and I have re-issued your serial and it should be in your email now. I can assure you that the file does not contain a virus and is a safe file for you to use. It’s a technical issue with the digital signing which we are working diligently to fix. So you may need to disable your anti-virus to access it. If you have any questions, comments or concerns further please free free to email us back and we will address them. Thanks so much for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue.

Kind Regards,

TriSynergy Support

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 03:18 PM

Thanks for posting that reply, jmdsmd1, and for your private message.

Appreciated !! thumbsup
Posted By: Chief

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 04:19 PM

Good topic. penguin

I'm having the same problem and wrote to TriSynergy Support.

Waiting for their response.

Chief wave
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 04:19 PM

Hi guys-

I had the same problem with downloading, installing and registering my game file. I finally got it installed (by disabling Norton) and the serial number now works. But now I'm in a revolving loop where when I turn Norton back on, it quarantines the exe file. So if I want to play the game, I restore the exe from quarantine, then disable Norton, then when I'm done playing, I enable Norton, and it quarantines the exe file again, etc, etc. hardwallThis is getting old. Am I doing something wrong? Is there someplace I can go in Norton to tell it to leave the exe file alone? Or do I have to wait for Symantec to approve the file?
Posted By: traveler

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 05:51 PM

There should be an ignore list in your AV, Ewilo2. In mine, Vipre, it's under Manage as Always Allowed.

Gil.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 06:52 PM

Thanks Gil- I was able to go into my Norton settings and do a scan/auto-protect exclusion for my installation folder. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Jfi

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 06:54 PM

Hello

How do I restore the Corroson file in the Norton Quarantine file?

thanks

June

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:25 PM

Hi June-

I'm running Norton Internet Security, so I just opened that up, then clicked on the quarantine link. The risks were listed by date, so I doubleclicked on the one causing my problem (in my case it was Suspicious MH690.A), then some action buttons would be active, including 'restore'. Just hit that and you should have the file back in the installation folder.
Posted By: Jfi

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 07:41 PM

Hi Ewil02,

It worked I followed your insturctions and it is OK.

thanks

June
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 11:06 PM

I've been interested in this game, so I downloaded the Demo. I didn't have to do anything with my Firewall and my Microsoft Security Essentials didn't have a bit of a problem with it. Maybe they fixed the issues at Trisynergy or I can just add this to my really big pile of reasons why I dumped Norton.

Haven't gotten too far yet, but the games looks pretty good so far.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/11/12 11:31 PM

One thing that's pretty cool about this demo, is that if the demo is up and running okay on your computer, you can buy the game from the link in the demo, input your serial number, and off you go. At least you can figure out if there's any compatibility issues with your AV and/or system before buying.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 05:09 AM

Hi smile

Chief .. luck
I've not heard anything back from them at all as yet.

Draclvr .. I've had hardly any problems with Norton in all the many years I've used their programmes - nor have I ever had a virus - so I'm not unhappy with them.

Guess I'll just have to wait patiently for help from TriSynergy duh

Cheers.

Mad whistle
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 05:22 AM

Norton has definitely gotten better over the years. When I got rid of it about 4 years ago, it was still a huge system resources hog. Plus, the number of false positives with games was driving me nuts! But, from what I read, they've remedied a lot of the issues that people were complaining about. However, I've found much better anti virus solutions for me. In 13 years on the internet I've never had a virus either! Yay for us!

I just hope you all can get this game running - I'm really liking it so far.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 05:36 AM

"In 13 years on the internet I've never had a virus either! Yay for us!"

Oh, definitely a "Yay" !!!! rotfl rotfl

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/12/12 02:46 PM

Mad, we are in same situation. Maybe they do not respond during the week-end or to many players with the same problem. smirk

I'll see what tomorrow brings up.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 05:42 AM

Just a thought- did you also send an email to support at Plimus (the entity that processes the sale)? I even filled out a dispute form because I wanted a refund if I couldn't get it to work. I heard back from Plimus again today , just to inquire
if my issue had been resolved.

If you haven't yet, try covering all bases.
Posted By: Dan Peach

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 07:28 AM

Hey guys - just want to assure you that this issue is being dealt with. Sorry for the problems. smile

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/13/12 08:04 AM

Yes, jmdsmd1, I've covered all the bases I can think of smile

And I've had a reply now Chief, but no positive help as yet grin

"Hey guys - just want to assure you that this issue is being dealt with. Sorry for the problems. "

That's really good to hear !! Thanks, Dan Peach thumbsup

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/15/12 01:42 PM

Dan Peach, any updates for us?

Thanks.

Chief wave
Posted By: Dan Peach

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/16/12 03:10 PM

Still being worked on Chief. smile

However in the meantime, to stop Norton deleting the installer automatically, you can create an "exclusion folder" on your HD to download the game installer into, so that Norton doesn't scan it, and doesn't delete it.

What you need to do is create a folder on your HD specifically to download this installer into.

Then open up Norton - go to "settings" - find the section that mentions "Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection" - and somewhere in there you can click an "add" button, and then "browse" to navigate to the new folder you created. This will exclude it from being scanned.

Then, download the installer into that specific folder. Norton should not make any fuss then. This method will only exclude that folder from being scanned. Norton will continue to operate as normal for all other files that you download - as long as you don't save them in the exclusion folder. smile

Once the issue is resolved, you can delete the exclusion folder, and download the file in the normal way.

Hope this helps. smile

Dan.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/16/12 03:56 PM

I'm afraid that won't work for me.

1. I've already had Norton involved to look at "rescuing" the files but they cannot be rescued.

2. Plimus told me I can't download them again.

3. TriSynergy haven't even replied to my original request for help (sent on Feb 10th) let alone offered any.

So today I contacted Plimus again and asked for a full refund.

I have to say I'm very disappointed at the way this whole affair has been handled frown

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/16/12 04:08 PM

and I will add about the same thing as Mad.

Chief

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/18/12 03:50 AM

Quote:
It's called ***heuristic scanning*** and nearly every antivirus does it these days. Something the game .exe is doing resembles something that some virus did at some time. The only way I can see to avoid these false positives is to submit your game .exe to all antivirus companies before the game is released so they can test it and mark it as safe.

Thank you Jenny 100 for this comment at the Discussion Forum.

If I understand this correctly, Norton is doing it's job on my computer. bravo

And so, since I bought the game on February 9th, all this discussion, e-mails I sent to TriSynergy and Plimus and suggestions on what I should do to run the game, it comes down to a simple comment.

Now what will be done to help the gamers? duh

Chief wave

PS: and since then I bought Amber's Blood and Shadow on the Vatican, both downloads and no problems.

Having these two games to play and no solution and the near future, I asked for a refund of Corrosion.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/18/12 01:18 PM

"The only way I can see to avoid these false positives is to submit your game .exe to all antivirus companies before the game is released so they can test it and mark it as safe. "

I know for a fact that some companies experiencing this problem have tended to do just that, even if the problem hasn't actually come to light until after the release.
The issue has then usually been resolved in a matter of days.

It doesn't appear that TriSynergy has taken that route.

But even despite that, ignoring requests for help from customers (like me !!) who have bought this download and are completely unable to use it, is, to my mind, extremely unprofessional behaviour.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/18/12 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
I know for a fact that some companies experiencing this problem have tended to do just that, even if the problem hasn't actually come to light until after the release.

It really should be done before the game is released. Otherwise you have problems with customers using up their downloads and activations trying to get it to work.

Quote:
But even despite that, ignoring requests for help from customers (like me !!) who have bought this download and are completely unable to use it, is, to my mind, extremely unprofessional behaviour.

I think Dan Peach tried to help, but the part about downloading and activation seems to have been farmed out to Plimus and is out of his hands.
Posted By: Creeping_Doom

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/18/12 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
"The only way I can see to avoid these false positives is to submit your game .exe to all antivirus companies before the game is released so they can test it and mark it as safe. "

It doesn't appear that TriSynergy has taken that route.

Maybe I have missed it , however , have you submitted the game's .exe file to Symantec/Norton as a false positive , so it can be excluded from scanning ? If you have , then it is in Symantec's hands .

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/18/12 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Creeping_Doom
Maybe I have missed it , however , have you submitted the game's .exe file to Symantec/Norton as a false positive , so it can be excluded from scanning ? If you have , then it is in Symantec's hands .

The developer has done this.
http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/786660/4.html
At least I assume that's what Dan Peach means when he says the issue is being corrected.
Unfortunately they didn't think to do it before the game's release and Mad has used up all her downloads.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/18/12 07:24 PM

Is it my job to mess with "suspect" files ?? I don't think so !!

I notified TriSynergy immediately this problem arose but have not heard a word from them.

I'm not sure what action Dan Peach has taken or is taking - but at least he has had the good grace to send me a personal apology.

MY current position is that I've requested a full refund.

The download I have is useless and I'm not allowed to download it again

[Not that I would even want to until assurances have been given that the issue has been resolved.]

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/19/12 01:49 PM

Things are looking somewhat better .... at last !! bravo

With help from Plimus, I now have a replacement game download and with help from Norton it has been installed.

I do still have a hurdle to get over in that my original activation serial number is not viable for the replacement download.
And I've had to register with the TriSynergy Help Desk to ask for help with that.

I am SO hoping it will be a hassle free procedure to get one yes yes yes

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/19/12 04:03 PM

Good luck, Mad.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/19/12 06:16 PM

Thanks, Jenny100. Much appreciated !! grin

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/20/12 03:36 PM

Was sent a "working" serial number this morning, so everything appears to be fine at last.

Phew !! What a journey THIS has been - and am I glad it's over !! whistle

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/20/12 03:51 PM

Good for you Mad and have fun with the game.

I was told this morning that my serial number was OK.

But I'm now getting a message after entering the serial number that "An Internet Failure occured". duh

Life goes on.

Will see what they say about this.

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/20/12 05:06 PM

I am SO sorry to hear that, Chief, and I hope you manage to get yet another setback sorted frown
Posted By: TriSynergy

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/20/12 07:52 PM

Hello Everyone,

First let me start by saying we are sorry if you are having a problem with anyone of our products. With that said we will do our best to fix any problems you are having with a product you received from us.

We do not handle any support via email. If you have emailed either support@trisynergy.com or support@justadventure.com you are sent an email auto-reply that states that this email address is not monitored and all support is handled through our help desk system and a direct link to the help desk web page. From there you can open a support ticket.

We do not use email for support many reasons. We found it very hard to support our customers via email. Many times the customer or our emails end up in junk/spam folders as well as many other problems. The help desk provides us with instant access to the customers orders and accounts to help them directly. This includes giving you access to re-download your products if needed, correct any serial number issues and soon shipment tracking.

Customer support tickets are normally updated on a daily basis. We officially do not answer support tickets on weekends or holidays but we normally do. I will be monitoring the help desk for the rest of today (Saturday) and tomorrow evening (Sunday). I would normally check it Sunday during the day as well but I have a family event to attend.

Thank you again for your time and I hope this has help giving you a clearer picture on our support system.

Tad H, Support Manager
Posted By: MaG

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/20/12 08:00 PM

welcome and thanks Tad.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/20/12 11:55 PM

Glad to hear you're finally up and running Mad !

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 03:33 AM

Thank you, jmdsmd1.
And let's hope we'll be saying the same to Chief very soon !! yes

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 04:02 AM

I'm glad to hear you're able to play your game now, Mad.
Let's hope Chief gets his game fixed too.
It's nice to see someone from Tri-Synergy stop by too.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 05:12 AM

Yes to all three, Jenny100 - but especially hoping for Chief's issues to be sorted smile

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 12:58 PM

Thanks Jenny and Mad.

I will not comment on the post by TriSynergy....

But, even if I was not able to download the game, I got the best of help from Dan Peach of Viperante. Thank you. bravo And it is not even is job to do so.

I have one question that came from TriSynergy:

can I be not fully connected to the internet?

If you can give me an answer to this question, I'll be happy just to know your answer. happydance

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 01:49 PM

Is it possible that you have a firewall blocking the game's access to the Internet, Chief?

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 03:09 PM

Jenny, here is what I just did:

I went to the firewall page to see that it says that it is Norton Internet Security that controls the parameters of the firewall.
Under that phrase, it says that my home network is connected and that the public network is not.

I have WIN 7 by the way.

I then disable Smart Firewall in Norton and checked in Norton at the Smart Firewall configure page beside Program control if there was a Corrosion file in there. None found. (I learn this yesterday from Dan Peach).

I redownloaded the Installer for the game.
Got the page where to enter the serial number.

AND I got the same message: "An Internet Failure occured"

Now, I have this question: why was I able to download two games last week? One is the Carol Reed game and the other is Shadow on the Vatican.

And they use different kind of install.

Why then, if it is a firewall issue, that those games were not blocked?

Thanks for your help. bravo

Chief wave

PS: I re-asked for a refund yesterday at TriSynergy. Will see what they say if they still answer.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 03:49 PM

Hi smile

What this business about an internet connection failure is, I've no idea, but I am SO sorry this further hitch has still not been resolved for Chief !! frown

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 08:02 PM

Well, I decided to see if a download from another site would work and downloaded the Demo.

That worked perfectly.

Based on that, I bought the game and I'm now playing it. penguin

And still waiting to get a response for the refund I asked.

And on with the game. grin

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/21/12 08:27 PM

Hi Chief smile

I'm glad you can play the game at last but I hope you get a very speedy refund NOW for your original purchase !!!!

Cheers and luck

Mad grin
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/22/12 01:35 AM

Sure hope the game is worth all your trouble!

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/22/12 02:59 PM

So do I grin But more importantly, I hope Chief gets his refund !! taz

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/22/12 06:22 PM

I just got my refund. penguin

Quote:
Dear Andre,
We hereby confirm that a refund transaction for Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting - Download was made on 02/22/2012

And on to play the game again. happydance

Chief wave

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/22/12 06:40 PM

YAHOO !!!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear that !!!!!!!! broccoli

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/23/12 02:04 AM

Hope you enjoy it, Chief.

Re: Corrosion-Cold Winter Waiting - 02/23/12 02:43 AM

I certainly do and worth every minute of it.

And I hope that the downloading will be fix.

Chief wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community