GB HOMEPAGE

hot keys? in windows 7

Posted By: Winfrey

hot keys? in windows 7 - 07/14/12 01:42 AM

Hi, I am at my brothers.. he has a win 7 and his hot keys are messed up... where do I go to reset these keys.. mail.... internet... etc.
thanks
Posted By: Homer6

Re: hot keys? in windows 7 - 07/14/12 05:47 AM

Winfrey see if this answers your question.

If the above doesn't, then try this one.

Edited to add additional link.

Re: hot keys? in windows 7 - 07/14/12 06:13 PM

Thanks Homer but no this is not helping.. I do not want to disable them. On the left side of the keyboard are buttons.. one shows an envelope.. which used to open his email and one with a globe that went to internet google... On my computer win xp I could go to control panel... keyboard .. properties and there is a tab called button and I could go to the envelope and type in the address I wanted that hot button to open with. With his there is no button tab to take me to where I can change the address. That is my problem.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: hot keys? in windows 7 - 07/14/12 07:06 PM

Ah, now I understand.. I wasn't at all clear what you were asking about hotkeys. These really aren't Windows hotkeys, but keyboard hotkeys or shortcuts specific to the keyboard. I had a Logitech keyboard with them and some of them worked and some of them didn't. What brand is the keyboard? I would go to the Manufacturer's website and see if there is any help there.

Just as an example, here is a brief discussion of Logitech keyboard hotkeys not working... Keyboard Hotkey Issues Try the suggestion to stop and start the HID (human interface device) service. In Windows 7 you get to it by right clicking on Computer and selecting Manage and then Services and Applications.

Re: hot keys? in windows 7 - 07/14/12 09:54 PM

Hi, Drac, I did a restore to June and fixed the problem.... but still does not get me to understand how to change the address if this happens again... I went to Computer.. services ad apps but since I went back in time I dont know if clinking on stop and start helped.
He has an HP Pavilion dv6 notebook and is not using an external keyboard. Just amazing me you cant go into contol panel keyboard and find buttons Like I can with my desktop.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: hot keys? in windows 7 - 07/15/12 12:58 AM

If your keyboard has a separate driver, I suspect you could do just what you say... maybe not in the Control Panel, but through the keyboard driver program.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community