GB HOMEPAGE

secret files 1, tunguska

Posted By: mbday630

secret files 1, tunguska - 10/29/12 01:24 AM

I had bought this game from GamersGate quite a few years ago and decided to play it again. I downloaded on this different computer and it won't play. I get a fatal error message. so, I found a patch and put that in the folder, but, now when I try to start it, it says something about putting in disk 1. any ideas on how to fix this? thanks.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: secret files 1, tunguska - 10/29/12 01:29 AM

Can you tell us anything about the different computer?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: secret files 1, tunguska - 10/29/12 03:06 AM

Sounds like the patch was for the CD version. Usually downloadable games either don't get patches or have them distributed from the website that offered the original download.

You may have to uninstall and reinstall the game to get rid of the patch -- or you could try using the NoCD.

If you have an ATI card and ATI Tray Tools is installed, try turning it off. That's a suggestion from Gamershell
http://www.gamershell.com/download_16470.shtml
Posted By: mbday630

Re: secret files 1, tunguska - 10/29/12 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
You may have to uninstall and reinstall the game to get rid of the patch -- or you could try using the NoCD.

If you have an ATI card and ATI Tray Tools is installed, try turning it off. That's a suggestion from Gamershell
http://www.gamershell.com/download_16470.shtml

how do I get or use the Nocd? I haven't tried that before. and how can I find out if I have an ATI card? would that be in my device manager?

I had it installed previously on a Dell windows XP and now I am trying to download it on a Dell windows XPS 410.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: secret files 1, tunguska - 10/29/12 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: mbday630
how do I get or use the Nocd? I haven't tried that before.

Do a Google search for
Tunguska NoCD
and you should find a site. You probably want the NoCD for the 1.02 patched game if you installed the 1.02 patch. The NoCD will probably come as a rar file, which you'll have to decompress before using. You may find instructions for using the NoCD either on the website you download from or included in the rar file.

Install instructions usually look something like this:
Quote:
Install the game - Full Installation.
Replace the original TUNGUSKA.EXE file with the one from the File Archive.
Play the Game!

Quote:
and how can I find out if I have an ATI card? would that be in my device manager?
Yes. Look under Display. But if you have the tool running, it should be in your taskbar and you can close it from there.

[quote]I had it installed previously on a Dell windows XP and now I am trying to download it on a Dell windows XPS 410.

That model can come with different video cards.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community