GB HOMEPAGE

Patch for The Crystal Key?

Posted By: HandsFree

Patch for The Crystal Key? - 11/11/12 03:09 PM

According to Gamershell there should be a patch for the Crystal Key that fixes error message "cannot find file D:/Content/Media/102-City/sunlight.tif" (which is the error I'm getting). But is says "There are no mirrors for your area yet"

Does anyone have it or know where to find it?
thanks
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Patch for The Crystal Key? - 11/11/12 04:26 PM

There are 2 patches at the link below -

Archived Game Patches

It will take a few seconds for the page to load.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Patch for The Crystal Key? - 11/11/12 09:05 PM

The sunlight patch is also available at Gamefront
http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/5013262/ck_sunlight.zip

Re: Patch for The Crystal Key? - 11/11/12 10:34 PM

Unfortunately the patches on the first site don't solve the problem.
Gamefront gives: the requested site can not be found...
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Patch for The Crystal Key? - 11/11/12 11:32 PM

I'm not sure which version The Adventure Company download brought the game up to - but the link below has a working link to version 1.1 -

Download cryskeyv11.exe

Re: Patch for The Crystal Key? - 11/12/12 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: HandsFree
Gamefront gives: the requested site can not be found...

It downloads just fine for me.
I've uploaded it to SendSpace, in case you're better able to download from there.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/maw7nf

The ck_sunlight.zip file unzips to a folder with two files in it -- a CK_sunlight.exe file and a Game Patches.url file.

Don't forget that with old patches like this you often have to start the game over, and you usually have to copy the patch to the game folder before running it for it to have any effect.

Re: Patch for The Crystal Key? - 11/12/12 01:59 PM

The download from sendspace works and the one InlandAZ mentioned too; both didn't correct the sunlight problem though. One (don't know which) did however overwrite all my saved games. Now there's one right after the sunlight puzzle so maybe that was the point of the patch?
Anyway, I can proceed now using that save.
Thanks for the help.

Re: Patch for The Crystal Key? - 11/12/12 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsFree
The download from sendspace works and the one InlandAZ mentioned too; both didn't correct the sunlight problem though. One (don't know which) did however overwrite all my saved games. Now there's one right after the sunlight puzzle so maybe that was the point of the patch?

You're probably right. It wouldn't be the first time a "patch" from Dreamcatcher was actually a saved game. I think the patch for Nightlong was the same way.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community