GB HOMEPAGE

Louisiana Adventure not working

Posted By: aniiksc

Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/24/12 01:39 PM

Please can anyone help?? I've just downloaded the Louisiana Adventure game and it wouldn't even start - only small window appears with display properties/controls/graphic details options and then the game crashes... I've tried to select different resolutions but the result is always the same - the game doesn't start frown frown

Oh and I have got Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit operating system if that helps
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/24/12 05:18 PM

Have you tried installing it an different folder other than C: Programs?

One other thing you could try is to start the game from the .exe menu in the game folder, not from the shortcut on the desktop.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/24/12 05:45 PM

It would be good to know what kind of graphics your computer uses. The system requirements aren't real specific, but they do say this:

System Requirements

Windows PC (Win XP,VISTA or 7)
Modern 3D Graphics Card (not lowend, not on-board)
4.7 GB free space

If your graphics aren't up to the requirements, can you lower the graphics options before it crashes?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/24/12 07:22 PM

This article shows one way to tell what video card you have
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406120,00.asp

Another way is to run dxdiag. Click the Start button in the lower left of your screen and type
dxdiag
in the Start search. Click where it lists dxdiag.
Check the Display tab. You should see something like this screenshot of a dxdiag output:
http://i.stack.imgur.com/69Hyh.png

Where it's circled in red on the screenshot, that tells you what your video card is.

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/25/12 03:30 PM

Karsten > thank you, I've tried it, but it seems to have no effect, the game crashes again as it did before frown

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/25/12 03:40 PM

Draclvr and Jenny100 > many thanks to you both smile
I've checked it and my graphic card is
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
(I've got 'emachines' laptop)

do you think the game is going to work at all?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/25/12 04:14 PM

Unfortunately, probably not with that integrated Intel graphics chipset. Jenny will know more though. Are you able to reduce any of the graphics effects before it crashes?
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/25/12 05:22 PM

I don't believe the IGP has any discrete graphics memory, so that could be one source of your problem.

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 11/25/12 05:38 PM

I agree with Inland and Draclvr. It looks like your Intel graphics doesn't meet the system requirements posted for the game. The requirements that Draclvr posted are the same ones listed at ***Gamersgate***.

When you're using a computer with Intel graphics, you have to be very careful that whatever game you buy will work with Intel graphics.

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 12/01/12 01:07 PM

Draclvr, InlandAZ, Jenny100 > thank you all for your help, looks like I'm going to have to get me a Christmas present - new computer :))
Can you please advise me which graphics are the best for adventure gamer like myself? Can you get them with laptop? confused

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 12/01/12 05:27 PM

I'm not up on current laptops for gaming. I think Inland knows more, and other members have laptops they use for adventure games. Just be sure to get one with a decent (not low end) ATI or Nvidia video chipset with discrete video memory (not "shared" memory). Also some people have had trouble with "Optimus" technology because it doesn't always recognize you're playing a game and switches to the low end graphics (it's supposed to switch to high end graphics when you're gaming, but malfunctions with some adventures).

You can also check out the "What Notebook Should I Buy" forum at the Notebook Review website
http://forum.notebookreview.com/what-notebook-should-i-buy/

I think more people would see your request for advice on getting a new laptop if you put it in a separate topic. People who haven't played Louisiana Adventure are probably going to avoid reading this thread so they don't risk seeing spoilers.

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 12/01/12 05:43 PM

Thank you very much, I'll check it there blush blush
Posted By: betty9090a

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 07/03/13 12:17 AM

Do you know if you can play this game in windowed mode please? There does not seen to be a option for it.

Thanks
Posted By: Marian

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 07/04/13 05:34 AM

I don't know if you can play this game in windowed mode or not. Hopefully someone will come along who has played this game who will be able to advise about this. wave

Re: Louisiana Adventure not working - 07/04/13 03:02 PM

Well, this person got it windowed when he didn't want it that way, but it was due to a malfunction or incompatibilitiy of some sort.
http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/852321/Making_a_game_fill_the_screen.html
© 2024 GameBoomers Community