GB HOMEPAGE

Agatha Christie Murder On The Orient Express

Posted By: PhilD

Agatha Christie Murder On The Orient Express - 12/28/12 05:31 PM

I just bought this game on ebay, this is The Adventure Company version.
I am unable to instal on my maqchine using Win7 32 bit. Can anyone pl;ease advise me if it will run on Win7. I have searched for a patch but without success. The Adventure Company does not seem to exist any more, or perhaps they were taken over. Any info much appreciated
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Agatha Christie Murder On The Orient Express - 12/28/12 06:51 PM

Hi PhilD,

I replayed this game quite recently on my Win7 64 bit without any problems at all. Since this is a technical question, I'll move you across to our Glitches forum for advice. It might help if you post your full specs, including your graphics card. luck
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Agatha Christie Murder On The Orient Express - 12/28/12 09:03 PM

I think Nordic Games bought the Adventure Company?

Do you know it the game needs a cdkey or some such things? maybe the cd key has been used?

Have you tried exploring the disc while in the drive and clicked on the setup or install icon?
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Agatha Christie Murder On The Orient Express - 12/28/12 09:57 PM

I don't think it's a copy protection issue, the game uses CD-Checks, but you might want to Google "Murder on the Orient Express NoCD".

Also, did you try to install the game to your User Folders (C:\Users\your PC name?

What is the specific error you see?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Agatha Christie Murder On The Orient Express - 12/28/12 10:14 PM

If the disc-based Orient Express game published in 2006 won't install, it isn't a copy "protection" issue.

If the game is installed and won't play, then it might be a copy "protection" issue.

Assuming you really do mean it won't install (and not that it won't play after you install it), try changing the Setup file on the game disc to compatibility mode for XP (right-click the Setup file --> Compatibility tab --> Set the dropdown box to XP and OK the changes). Then right-click the Setup file and choose "Run As Administrator." When it asks for an install location, choose to install in
C:\Users\whatever-your-user-name-is\Documents\name-of-game
or at least to some location other than C:\Program Files.
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Agatha Christie Murder On The Orient Express - 12/28/12 10:32 PM

Yes it certainly plays on Win7 32bit. Ive replayed all of those AC games and they all work.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Agatha Christie Murder On The Orient Express - 12/29/12 03:40 AM

You do need to make sure your video card is good enough for the game. If you have onboard graphics (built into the motherboard) that uses shared memory, it may not be.

There is a patch here
http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/6474760/motoe_patch1.zip

also found here
http://www.gamershell.com/download_17180.shtml
Quote:
- Ham Radio Battery Combination: Towards the end of Act 2, you will attempt to fix a broken Ham Radio. Repairing the radio involves constructing a voltaic cell (battery) from various items. These items are: 'Punch Bowl', 'Carafe of Orange Juice', 'Bent Copper Bracelet', 'Small Statuette'. You will have two options to put these items together.
- You may assemble the voltaic cell on the table that the ham radio is on.
- You may assemble the voltaic cell by using the 'combine' in your inventory.

The patch is to fix a malfunctioning puzzle, not for games that don't start at all.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community