GB HOMEPAGE

Moment Of Silence?

Posted By: lexxy

Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 12:45 AM

This may not be the place to ask this question and if not please feel free to move it to the proper forum. Has anyone been able to play Moment Of Silence on Windows 7? I know it has the awful Star Protection feature but no matter what compatable mode I tried I always got the error message before I even had the opportunity to insert the code that camne with the game, I never had that problem with WXP.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 12:57 AM

The US version, which came on CD and not DVD, installed completely to the hard drive and did NOT require the disc in the drive to start the game or play. It was only the European DVD version that had the StarForce.

I don't know if you can find a No-DVD for the English DVD version because the No-DVD I found with a Google search said they were for German, French, and Russian versions of the game. They may or may not work with the English DVD version of the game.

You can get the CD version pretty cheap from ***Amazon sellers*** (less than $10), but I don't know if there are other problems (not related to the copy "protection") with getting it to work on Windows 7.

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 02:41 AM

Thanks so much for the link. I have ordered the CD version and I hope it plays on my Windows 7 but if not I still have my old WXP. My question now is what can I do with this DVD...I got it use it as a coaster for my coffee cup. Thanks again for your help. smile
Posted By: rmt

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 03:22 AM

I had to buy it again too, the UK DVD would simply not work on Windows 7, and I tried everything.

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 04:04 AM

rmt,
Did you get the US CD version to work in Windows 7? If you did, we can add it to Draclvr's Windows 7 and Games list.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 06:50 AM

It works on my Win 7 64 bit. I haven't played much of it, but it installed ok and loads and plays with no problems.

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 04:45 PM

That's great news for Lexxy, Uncle Reg.
I'll update the Win7 list. When we have someone who reports they played through the entire game without issue, we can update it again.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 06:03 PM

Yep, I installed the game last year to see if it would run for someone here. The only issue I had (not really an issue per se) was that the pre-rendered graphics didn't fill the entire screen.

Most current graphics cards allow you to stretch the image with scaling options, but it looked better in its native format.

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/12/13 06:51 PM

I just got an email that my game is on the way and my new computer is in fact Windows 7 with 64bit so I should have no problems. I will check in again after I get the game.

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/15/13 11:41 PM

I am happy to report that I just got my copy of Moment Of Silence, all four discs, and they installed on my windows 7 w/o a problem and it has played flawlessly.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/15/13 11:45 PM

That's excellent news, lexxy!
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/19/13 05:42 PM

I have XP now and am happy as a lark! I dread the day when I will have to get W7 or even 8 is coming out! headscratch
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/19/13 05:47 PM

LeBelleR, Windows 8 has been out for almost 2 months now. I've started a Windows 8 and Gaming thread stickied at the top of the Glitches forum. And don't forget that Microsoft will stop supporting XP in just a little over a year.
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Moment Of Silence? - 01/19/13 05:53 PM

Thanx a bunch Draclvr! Will check it out!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community