GB HOMEPAGE

haunted activation key code

Posted By: dianne

haunted activation key code - 01/12/13 09:48 AM

I have this game on disk verson and I cant seem to get the key code to work it says to enter the key code and I do then I try to avtivate it but it doesn't work has anyone else had this problem.any help would be much appreciated thanks Dianne I have windows8 smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: haunted activation key code - 01/12/13 04:30 PM

When you say "it doesn't work," do you mean the game won't accept the activation code? Or do you mean the code is accepted, but the game won't open?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: haunted activation key code - 01/12/13 04:40 PM

If it asks for the code every time she tries to play, it's not taking the code. It should only ask for the code once, even if the game itself won't start.

Dianne,
Make sure there's nothing blocking your Internet connection, like a software firewall or "Antivirus Internet Suite" or some other thing. The game needs both your code and the Internet.

Also, check that the code isn't using capital O's instead of zeroes or vice versa -- or capital I's and ones. If the code has hyphens in it, try typing the code both with and without the hyphens.

If none of that helps, you'll have to get tech support through Viva Media.
http://support.viva-media.com/

If you scroll down that page, there's a button for "Open New Ticket."

This is the kind of thing that can happen when people download an illegal copy of the game and use a key generator -- they steal a working key from someone who actually bought the game. Of course I don't know for sure that's what's happened, but it's a possibility.

Re: haunted activation key code - 01/12/13 08:54 PM

I haven't tired to type it without hyphens but here is what happens I type in the key code and then I click on activate nothing happens but on my desk top at the bottom of the screen is a picture of a lock its open. I have contacted via -media but there is no answer as yet. I have Nortons360 as a virus protection I wonder if its it has a fire wall that is blocking it. dianne

Re: haunted activation key code - 01/12/13 09:30 PM

Try turning Norton off while you activate and see what happens.

Re: haunted activation key code - 01/14/13 04:10 AM

oh I give up on this I have the boxed verson and I still have not heard from tech support yet so on the shelf it stays. Dianne. thank you so much for the help much appreciated

Re: haunted activation key code - 01/14/13 04:39 AM

Maybe after the weekend, they will get back to you.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: haunted activation key code - 01/14/13 04:06 PM

You can try the "Check Ticket Status" here
http://support.viva-media.com/

They aren't fast at responding to emails. It may take a week or so.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community