GB HOMEPAGE

Downloads to dvd

Posted By: monbron

Downloads to dvd - 01/16/13 04:16 PM

I would like to copy some of my downloaded games to dvd to save me having to download again, I would like to start with Yoormurjak's ring, I have looked up purchasing dvds and have found some dual layer ones which will take up to 8.5 gb so they are big enough, I have win 7, do I need something like 'Nero' to copy across or can I do it in win7 and are these dvds suitable. Sorry to appear a complete fool (no change there then) but I don't know where to start as I have never done this before. oops thanks
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Downloads to dvd - 01/16/13 04:29 PM

Windows 7 supports writing to optical drives so you don't need Nero for that one.

Here's a how-to that explains how to do it -

How to Burn Discs in Windows 7
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Downloads to dvd - 01/16/13 05:12 PM

How large are the installation files you need to burn, Monbron? Are you sure you need a dual layer DVD? It might be better to just use more than one regular DVD.

Re: Downloads to dvd - 01/16/13 05:52 PM

Yoormurjak is 4.77 gb I only did a quick search and this was the one that had more than a gb, wasn't sure about the dula disc is this a problem. crazy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Downloads to dvd - 01/16/13 09:53 PM

Plus, if you get dual layer disks, your optical drive will need to be capable of burning dual layer.

Re: Downloads to dvd - 01/16/13 10:02 PM

Ah........... how do I know whether it is or not confused
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Downloads to dvd - 01/16/13 10:41 PM

Do you have any literature that came with the computer that tells you what all is in it? Does it say anything on the front of the drive that has the letters DL? Maybe check in the Device Manager?

Re: Downloads to dvd - 01/16/13 10:45 PM

No and No, so I suspect not, I had it built I will have to ring them and ask.

Thanks
© 2024 GameBoomers Community