GB HOMEPAGE

darkness within -dark lineage

Posted By: teresa

darkness within -dark lineage - 01/23/13 09:09 PM

II am trying to load dark lineage but I type in the code (without the hyphens it wont take them) and all I get is the usual - type in the correct key code. I have tried to load on windows 7, xp, had the code checked by everyone in my family but still it gives me the same message. I have turned off all my security and now dont know what else to do.anyone else have this problem? if you did how to solve it would be appreciated.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: darkness within -dark lineage - 01/24/13 01:48 AM

Are you using the DVD version or a download version of the game? If you're using a DVD version, you may have a bad or marginal disc, where the copy "protection" doesn't read properly. It's probably comparing the code you typed in with information it gets off the disc -- like read speed or location of certain bits on the disc.

Re: darkness within -dark lineage - 01/25/13 07:58 PM

Its a dvd. Thanks Ill just throw it on the shelf and grumble.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: darkness within -dark lineage - 01/26/13 12:05 AM

Three things to try or do:

1)Like Jenny100 said, if it is a slightly faulty DVD, you could try making a DVD copy if you can, sometimes by making a copy the marginal scratch in the original can be bypassed in the copy.
2)Try highlighting the Code, then hit Ctrl + C (to copy the code) and then go to the code screen and hit Ctrl + V (to paste the code) and see if that works. Do Not use the right-click to copy and then to paste, this tends to work less often then the good old fashion way of using the Key commands.
3)You could try contacting Iceberg Interactive, the producers of this game and see if they can help:

http://www.iceberg-shop.com/contact-us.html

Re: darkness within -dark lineage - 01/27/13 09:24 PM

tnaks starcom Ill give it a try.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: darkness within -dark lineage - 01/27/13 10:28 PM

Was this a new or used DVD?

Re: darkness within -dark lineage - 01/28/13 07:22 PM

Brand new, ordered from our friend at interact some time ago and just got around to it.

Re: darkness within -dark lineage - 02/04/13 09:14 PM

thanks starcom my son did what you said and now I am aok. Thanks to all who tried to help
Posted By: Starcom

Re: darkness within -dark lineage - 02/05/13 05:31 AM

Your welcome Teresa, I hope you enjoy the game after all this trouble.

Out of curiosity, which step was it? I am guessing step 1 but it would be good to know to help out others who may face the same problems.

Take care
© 2024 GameBoomers Community