GB HOMEPAGE

Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred Blood of the Dammed

Posted By: linda333

Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred Blood of the Dammed - 02/17/13 08:47 PM

I downloaded this game from the GOG game site about a week ago. After installation there was the usual launch icon on my desktop. I did start the game but just went back to play it again today. Now when I try to play the game I only get a black screen...so I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it. Now I have no desk icon to launch the game. I can not even find the game in my files. When I search for it I only get the setup square in I think my
documents. Can anyone give me any ideas as to why this is happening? Thank you for any suggestions....
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred Blood of the Dammed - 02/18/13 04:15 PM

I don't really know, Linda.
Do you think your antivirus could have blocked the game install -- or part of the game install?

If not, you could try uninstalling the game again and running ccleaner --> Registry --> Scan for Issues --> Fix issues.

You may want to use Revo Uninstaller instead of the Windows uninstaller.

My guess is that the black screen you originally had could have been due to incompatible video drivers. But clearly you have more problems now with the reinstall since there was no desktop icon or other stuff when you reinstalled the game.

I'm assuming you didn't pick up some malware that's interfering with the game or with Windows installer and uninstaller.
Posted By: linda333

Re: Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred Blood of the Dammed - 02/19/13 02:12 AM

Thanks, will go back and try a few things...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community