GB HOMEPAGE

Neeed to use print screen to save picture of game page

Posted By: linda333

Neeed to use print screen to save picture of game page - 02/19/13 02:19 AM

I have a problem with one of the games I purchased from Big Fish. They have requsted I take a picture of my game page so I can send it to them. I have followed their instructions but it does not work for me...they instructed me to:go to my game page, then press print screen, go to menu-start and accessories. Then go to paint, then thru edit use the paste option which should now show a picture of my game page that I can save on my computer then send it to them. However when I do this my game page does not appear in the paint screen page area. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I only have a screen showing a blank greyish page with nothing on it...any help appreciated. Thank you...
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Neeed to use print screen to save picture of game page - 02/19/13 02:49 AM

If you have Vista or Windows 7 you could just use the Snipping Tool.

The way they've described it has always worked for me with XP -- except I use Irfanview instead of MS Paint.

http://www.irfanview.com/

I downloaded it from tucows because I think the cows are cute
http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967

You can also try holding down the Alt key while you use Print Screen, which copies only the active Window -- which should be the game.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Neeed to use print screen to save picture of game page - 02/19/13 03:08 AM

The Snipping Tool is one that I use all the time. But it won't work unless you're in Windowed mode. I like Irfanview for stuff like this too. What Print Screen does is put a screen capture in your clipboard which you should be able to paste.

Not that this is relevant, but a really cool thing Windows 8 does is makes screen capture a no-brainer. Windows Key + Print Screen puts the screenshot (as a .jpg photo) into your Pictures file in a folder called Screenshots.
Posted By: linda333

Re: Neeed to use print screen to save picture of game page - 02/19/13 04:29 AM

Thanks for the tips...much appreciated.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community