GB HOMEPAGE

AOL & spam

Posted By: Terri824

AOL & spam - 02/20/13 07:05 AM

Hi. I still have my AOL free email accounts. Apparently I've clicked on something that I shouldn't have because for at least a month now I've been getting alot of spam. It's nothing for me to get 90 + daily, 99% of them have the same subject and it's getting rather old. I apparently cannot block the emails through AOL. Is there anything I can do short of closing out this email account?
Terri smirk

I got six while trying to post this.
Posted By: LadyLinda

Re: AOL & spam - 02/20/13 01:44 PM

Go into your spam settings.
Set your spam filter to high or medium.
You can set your sender filter to different settings.
Posted By: Geo

Re: AOL & spam - 02/20/13 03:17 PM

Right click on the header of the spam email.
In the next menu choose "junk email".
The next menu will ask if you want to block this sender?
Say yes.
You will have to do this several times because there probably are several variations,but sooner or later you will start to see the spam emails diminish.

Re: AOL & spam - 02/21/13 11:45 PM

Thank you. My spam setting is already set at "High". I also have blocked many of these emails and even though they go into my spam folder it's getting quite old. Today I had 152 at days beginning. I shall either just leave them where they are in the spam folder or close that email account.
Thanks again,
Terri
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: AOL & spam - 02/21/13 11:55 PM

I got slammed by spam about 7 or 8 years ago. I got over 2,000 of them! My ISP told me something had gotten through their filters and a whole bunch of people were affected. I had to change email addresses.

If you are going with another web-based email, I'd look into either Gmail or the new Outlook.com. I really like the security on both of them. I rarely get any spam at all.

Re: AOL & spam - 02/22/13 12:03 AM

Hi. Thanks Drac. I have both of them already and have had my AOL emails forever and would like to keep the AOL emails but it appears that some people have nothing better to do then send this garbage, so I will probably have to delete that one account anyway. Wonder, is there a way to keep all the favorites in that account without a really big hassle?
Terri
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: AOL & spam - 02/22/13 12:48 AM

I'd have no idea... I've never used AOL. If you want to wade through it all, you could forward the emails you want to keep from the AOL account to your other accounts - that way you'd still have them.

Re: AOL & spam - 02/22/13 03:23 AM

That's the only way I could think of to do it. I will have to d/load the AOL software to get to the favorites. I had the s/ware on my old pc. Gee, this will be a chore.

Terri woozy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community