GB HOMEPAGE

cake mania 2

Posted By: family

cake mania 2 - 02/22/13 11:40 PM

i brought this game from big fish and now i cannot play it on window 7, i get an error message and it will not start up, i wish he would put the cake mania series on the window 7 and game list.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/23/13 12:45 AM

Have you tried playing it in compatibility mode?
Locate the game folder, find the exe, right-click on it, and choose Properties. Then check the compatibility tab and choose to run with compatibility set to Win XP or Win 2000.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

If you don't see the exe in the game folder, you probably have your computer set to hide files. For some reason, Big Fish likes to make their game exe's "hidden."
Bleeping computer has pictorial instructions showing how to set your computer NOT to hide files.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/

I would skip step #9 on that page, since that step is mainly for IT's who need to see Windows system files. In other words, leave the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommmend) box checked. However step #7 and #8 will let you see normal hidden files and file extensions -- so you'll be able to see which file is the .exe file you want.

You can always tell which files and folders are supposed to be "hidden" because they are paler than normal files and folders. For example in this picture
http://blog.thecoolestgames.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/7-hidden_4.PNG
the AppData folder is a hidden folder, and it shows up paler than the other folders.
Posted By: Marian

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/23/13 01:06 AM

Someone on the Big Fish forum said she got the game running on Windows 7 by using compatibility mode and choosing Vista Service Pack 2. You could try that also. wave

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/23/13 04:38 AM

okay is drac going to put the cake mania series in the window 7 and game list.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/23/13 04:49 AM

Yes, she will, family! As far as I know, this is the only Big Fish game that hasn't run natively in Windows 7. I didn't list each Big Fish game individually because the list would simply be too long. However, I can indicate that this one was an exception to the rule. Can you tell me if running it in compatibility mode worked for you?

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/23/13 04:52 AM

i am trying it now, i will let you know , and thanks for that link i found the exe, and it finally work under window 2000, but i had to put the icon on my desktop.

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/24/13 02:05 AM

Glad to hear you got it working.
Enjoy.

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/24/13 04:21 AM

Good to hear, family. Jenny, should we put an "exception" to the BFG that work on Windows 7 in the thread?

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/24/13 07:34 PM

I've updated the Windows 7 and Games thread for Cake Mania 2.
Let me know if you want me to add anything.

Re: cake mania 2 - 02/25/13 12:10 AM

Looks perfect to me!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community