GB HOMEPAGE

King's Quest IV - Manual Reference

Posted By: PirateElfMaiden

King's Quest IV - Manual Reference - 03/02/13 09:15 PM

I haven't been to these forums in ages, so hopefully I'm posting this in the right spot. Sorry if it's not, and feel free to move it to the correct forum.

I have the King's Quest Collection and I'm trying to play King's Quest IV. The problem is the copyright manual reference they make you type in before you start. I have access to the manual, so that's not the issue - the issue is it won't let me type anything. My keyboard works just fine, yet when I try to type in the answer absolutely nothing happens. I found this page http://www.sierrahelp.com/Games/KingsQuest/KQ4AGIHelp.html that says "When the game asks you for a word from the manual, press 'Alt+D' and a screen will pop up with the version info. Press enter and at the prompt, type 'MARBLE'. The game will then start." But that doesn't work because, again, it won't even register my keyboard and I can't type a single thing in.

What is going on and what can I do to get it to work?? It makes absolutely no sense that it's acting like I don't even have a keyboard. It doesn't look like anyone else has this issue since I have scoured the internet for answers and the one above was the ONLY solution I could find (and doesn't even work to begin with). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: King's Quest IV - Manual Reference - 03/02/13 09:47 PM

I'll move this thread to our tech forum for advice. luck
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: King's Quest IV - Manual Reference - 03/02/13 11:13 PM

This is probably a DOSBox port - does the game start in a window or full screen? If it's in a window, you may have to click the window before it accepts input from your keyboard.
Posted By: PirateElfMaiden

Re: King's Quest IV - Manual Reference - 03/03/13 03:07 AM

It was full screen. I was able to find this huge patch for the entire collection that I installed, which rid of the copyright manual reference step altogether. So, I am now able to play them game just fine. Thanks for your help!

For those in the future who also come across this problem, here is the link to the site that I got the patch from sierrahelp: http://www.sierrahelp.com/Misc/KQCPatch.html
© 2024 GameBoomers Community