GB HOMEPAGE

black mirror cd version

Posted By: family

black mirror cd version - 03/07/13 10:15 PM

i cannot get the first one to play and the second keeps asking for the code, how do i play it.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: black mirror cd version - 03/07/13 10:55 PM

One of these has DRM on it that won't work on Windows 7, but I'm not sure which one.

Re: black mirror cd version - 03/07/13 11:00 PM

i think it is the first black mirror, that i brought from the adventure company, the black mirror 2 and gray matter that i brought from viva media from a 4 pack cd keeps asking for a serial number.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: black mirror cd version - 03/08/13 12:02 AM

If these are CDs, is there a card or a booklet with your code on it in the box?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: black mirror cd version - 03/08/13 01:21 AM

The first Black Mirror from The Adventure Company used an old version of StarForce 3 that will not work on Vista or Windows 7. You have to download a NoCD to use this version -- and unfortunately it has one of the most complicated NoCD's I've seen because of a misnamed file when they first made the NoCD (The majerk.chr file in the NoCD was misnamed to mejerk.chr so it didn't work unless you renamed it).

If it's too complicated, you can get the game from Gamersgate
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BLMI/black-mirror

Is ***this*** the Viva-Media 4 pack you have? According to one of the user reviews, the game uses activation codes. Those codes should have been supplied with the game. According to a couple of the other reviewers, the games use Steam.

Re: black mirror cd version - 03/08/13 02:14 AM

it is and i guess i need t look for the box, it is the 4 pack with gray matter, black mirror,2, rocking dead, i forgot the fourth one, and i try to download the no cd, but i am having a hard time from copygameworld.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: black mirror cd version - 03/08/13 04:28 AM

Check your PM, Family.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community