GB HOMEPAGE

viva media site

Posted By: family

viva media site - 03/12/13 11:12 PM

i cannot get on their site, are they having problems.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: viva media site - 03/12/13 11:19 PM

Check it again.
It wasn't working for me a minute ago (got a "Bad Gateway message) but it's working now.

You might want to bookmark this site
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Re: viva media site - 03/12/13 11:21 PM

i even clear my cookies thinking that was it, i will try it again, i bookmark it and still couldn't get on.
Posted By: VivaMedia

Re: viva media site - 03/13/13 04:05 PM

Hey Guys. Not entirely sure what the problem was, but it was temporary and we're back online now. Thanks!

Re: viva media site - 03/13/13 10:13 PM

thank you very much, i still cannot get online at viva media, i can everywhere else, i keep gettingOops! This link appears broken, everytime put in viva media.

Re: viva media site - 03/15/13 09:02 PM

Are you using http://www.viva-media.com/

Those of you who are having problems, what do you see when you try to visit www.viva-media.com ?

Do you see nothing but a white screen that never loads?
Or do you get a 404 error?
Or a "not found on this server" error?

Re: viva media site - 03/15/13 09:32 PM

yes still won't let me on,, now i am getting Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.viva-media.com, i do not know why.

Re: viva media site - 03/15/13 09:49 PM

Have you tried a different web browser (like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Opera) to see if the problem is only with Chrome?
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: viva media site - 03/16/13 01:28 PM

I can't get it either. I'm using Firefox.
Posted By: Mad

Re: viva media site - 03/16/13 02:29 PM

I can get it - with IE smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: viva media site - 03/16/13 04:57 PM

Jenny, I'm using Firefox, and what I get is a white screen that never loads. wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: viva media site - 03/16/13 05:09 PM

I just clicked on Jenny's link and immediately went to the website. I have never been there, so there is nothing in my Firefox browser history. I immediately went to the VivaMedia site in IE and Chrome too. Have you tried clearing your browser cache/history?

Re: viva media site - 03/16/13 10:35 PM

The problem might have nothing to do with your computer. There could also be a routing problem between your server and the Viva Media server. If the problem persists, try contacting your ISP. If one of your ISP's routers is down somewhere, they could make sure that particular router doesn't have internet traffic forwarded to it until it's repaired.

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 04:57 AM

This afternoon there was a post in this thread that suggested that the problem might be caused by DNS server problems. It even had a link to a site that explained how you could change your DNS server settings. That post has disappeared with no explanation. Was that bogus information? Could somebody please explain?

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 06:15 AM

Since the symptom turned out to be a white screen that never loads, the problem is not a DNS problem. A DNS problem would give a "server not found" message. I removed my post so as not to confuse people or have them try something that wouldn't work for this problem.

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 04:10 PM

i cannot get it using firefox,, i get a white screen, and now i cannot get on that link jenny posted.
Posted By: MaG

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 04:33 PM

I got Jenny's link on firefox.

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 04:37 PM

If you have no software firewall that could be blocking the site, I think the problem may be with your Internet Service Provider's routing. You'll have to call them up if the problem is on their end.

The problem could also be on Viva-Media's side if they blocked a range of addresses for security reasons (such as someone launching a denial of service attack using that range of addresses).

So you could also try contacting Viva-Media about the problem, though I don't know how quickly they respond to emails. You can try emailing using the email address in the profile of the Viva-Media representative who posted earlier in this thread.

To test if your IP address is mistakenly being blocked, you could try accessing the Viva-Media website with the TOR browser, which changes your IP number. But TOR browser is VERY VERY slow so even if you do get through, it's not something you'd want to continue to use. https://www.torproject.org/

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 05:07 PM

okay i will try that, but i went on spintop games, foodnetwork, got the number for domino's pizza, order pasta, and thin crust pizza, and went on mystery manor, all with no problem.

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 05:36 PM

Which is why it's probably Viva-Media's problem.
But they should be concerned if their customers can't get to their website.

Just out of curiosity, can you get to ***Google's cache of the viva-media.com website***?

That would be quicker to check than installing TOR.

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 08:09 PM

no, and sorry i haven't try the tor yet, i am nursing a bad cold, but i will.

Re: viva media site - 03/17/13 08:27 PM

If you check the ***link for Google's cache of the viva-media.com website***, it should give you the same answer as trying to access it using TOR browser. As long as you can access Google, you should be able to access Google's cache of the Viva Media webpage -- even if you're blocked from accessing www.viva-media.com

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 12:18 AM

no all i get now is This webpage is not available.

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 03:49 AM

I wonder if Marian and Uncle Reg are able to get ***the Google cache page for Viva Media*** to load.

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 03:50 AM

It was unsuccessful for me too, Jenny. wave

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 04:36 AM

It seems like it must be something to do with the way they have their website coded then. But if that's the case, it's strange more people aren't having the problem.

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 05:25 AM

Thanks for the info on DNS, Jenny. I can't get that Google cache page either; but up in the upper right corner of the Google page is a link that says Text-only version. the text-only page does load, but none of the links on the text-only page will load, and at the top of the text-only page it says:

JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser.
You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website.

That might have something to do with the problem. A few months ago I uninstalled Java from Programs and Features (Win7's version of the old Add-Remove Programs), although I did not disable Javascript in my browser. I was led to believe that Java and Javascript were two different entities. In the few months that it's been uninstalled, I have not seen any other pages that refused to load.

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 02:29 PM

does this mean i have to uninstall java to get to viva media.

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 02:41 PM

I don't think the problem is due to JavaScript. When I disable JavaScript in my browser, most of the page still loads. Here's a screenshot
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9012/picture1rhe.png

So there's those 3 squares instead of the picture that's supposed to be there (the picture requires JavaScript). Other links on the page work fine.

I don't know if Java is used on the site, but JavaScript doesn't seem to be used for anything critical.

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 03:56 PM

I have JavaScript enabled; I agree that this doesn't appear to be the problem. wave
Posted By: VivaMedia

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 06:47 PM

Dear Fans and loyal customers,

We are sorry you have trouble accessing our site. We have had some ongoing maintenance in order to speed up the site due to a very quickly expanding exciting new catalogue of new games and increased traffic.

The most probable reason for not being able to access the website, as Jenny100 said, is the IP blocking defense mechanism that is standard to make sure no malware-infected hosts visit the site.

Potentially there may be some false positives so we would recommend the following steps:

Go to www.whatismyip.com and get your IP address.
Then go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check and confirm that the Ip automatically put in is the same as you had in the previous step and click the 'Check Blacklists' button.

This should show a comprehensive set of lists and if you have all check-marks, it means you are not listed. In this case, please contact us via mail [AT] viva-media [DOT] com , and we will further investigate the issue.

If you are in fact listed, first run a full virus scan on your computer to make sure you have not been hijacked by malware. Run windows update to be fully patched. Then you can request to remove yourself from any blacklists you are on.

We hope this helps and that you will be able to access our site. You are very important to us, so please contact us. We are expanding our catalogue and have a lot of regular deals so it would be a shame if you could not take advantage of them.

By the way, I'm not a sales guy, I am one of the IT support staff :-)

I hope you all have a great day, and once again, please do not hesitate to contact us after you performed the above troubleshooting steps.

Best,

A.S. - Viva Media

Re: viva media site - 03/18/13 08:06 PM

okay thank you guys, what does viva media say is the problem, the above answer my problem, and question, i am not doing that, paying 1,2000 per year, that is crazy.

Re: viva media site - 03/19/13 12:13 AM

Family,

Just go to
http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

and make sure all the websites have a green check.
You may see a few question marks, but those can be ignored.

If you see any red exclamation marks, there might be a problem.

Your ISP probably changes your IP address every so often, so you might be left with someone else's bad reputation even though you've never spread malware.

If you have all green checks, then email Viva-Media at the mail [AT] viva-media [DOT] com address they gave, substituting @ for [AT] and . for [DOT] and tell them you have all green checks in the test and want to know why you're not able to get online.

Re: viva media site - 03/19/13 03:51 AM

okay thank you very much, i do not want to pay 1,200 to get on viva media.

Re: viva media site - 03/19/13 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: family
I do not want to pay 1,200 to get on viva media.

???
Who said you had to pay anything to get on Viva-Media?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: viva media site - 03/19/13 03:57 AM

I used both of the links and there was no mention of any money at all, let alone $1,200???

Re: viva media site - 03/19/13 03:58 AM

okay thanks guy, i will try it, your guys are right, i was looking at something else, the membership options.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community