GB HOMEPAGE

myst uru complete chronicles

Posted By: kingpin

myst uru complete chronicles - 03/29/13 08:46 PM

Hi Guys,
It has been a long time since I contacted you, but I haven't been having any problems that I haven't been able to work out.
I have recently upgraded from windows xp to 7 and find some of the games I use to play then won't install properly, One in particular is Myst Uru Complete Chronicles which i played on xp but will not install on 7.
Are there any patches to let me install and play this?
I have looked on GOG and they are offering this game and states that it will play on 7, can anyone confirm or deny this.
Hoping that someone can help me.
Yours in anticipation.
Kingpin
Posted By: Rushes

Re: myst uru complete chronicles - 03/29/13 09:25 PM

Hi Kingpin,

I'll move this thread across to our Glitches forum, where the folks there should be able to help you. luck
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: myst uru complete chronicles - 03/29/13 09:57 PM

The best option is to get the GOG version which will play on Windows 7. But you might try installing using compatibility mode first.

Re: myst uru complete chronicles - 03/29/13 11:02 PM

Hi Draclvr.
Thanks for your reply, I will try compatibility mode first and see what happens.
kingpin
Posted By: dadguy

Re: myst uru complete chronicles - 03/31/13 01:23 AM

I was able to get Uru CC to work fine on my Win7 PC. Sometimes the issue is with the Video card on that PC, not the OS.

However, if the compatibility mode doesn't work, you might try playing the ONLINE version of URU. It has all of the same content of URU CC plus much more, and it is free. You have to create an account, and then download the game files from the INSTALL site, but once you do, it runs great on Win7 and has the extra bonus of allowing you to play with other folks from all over the world.

Lest you feel that this is uncomfortable for you to play the game with others in the game, you should know that there are ways of playing the game mostly privately where you rarely see anyone else.

Give it a try!

PLAY URU Online

Dadguy

Re: myst uru complete chronicles - 04/02/13 08:04 PM

Thanks dadguy.
I am downloading it now while I am writing to you.
I will let you know how I get on.
Thanks again.
kingpin
Posted By: dadguy

Re: myst uru complete chronicles - 04/05/13 04:09 AM

I am KI# 2883. You can add me as a Buddy after you get your KI communicator, then we can meet online.

Cheers,

Dadguy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community