GB HOMEPAGE

The mystery of the Druids?

Posted By: lexxy

The mystery of the Druids? - 03/31/13 03:25 PM

Has anyone other than me had a problem playing The mystery of the Druids on Windows7? I tried compatability mode WXP, W95, W98 and W2000 and non work. The error that comes up concerns 3D
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The mystery of the Druids? - 03/31/13 05:55 PM

Actually I wasn't even able to use the 3D option on Windows 98 back when the game was first released. Many people had the same problem -- or were able to use the 3D, but had a lot of bugginess (like people standing inside tables, or getting stuck there).

There was a configurator that you run before playing the game, and you could choose one of the non-3D options. I forget whether it popped up automatically when you started the game or whether it was a separate file you'd run. Check the game folder or Start menu folder and see if you can find the configurator.

Re: The mystery of the Druids? - 03/31/13 07:48 PM

Thanks I will try it and get back to you.

Re: The mystery of the Druids? - 03/31/13 08:46 PM

I gave it the old college try but I am afraid that I will have to wave the white flag on this one. I tried the configuration bit, even tried it on my old wxp and nothing worked. I wonder now WHY I bought this game and had not gotten around to an install. Oh well another one bits the dust.

Re: The mystery of the Druids? - 03/31/13 10:26 PM

Are you still getting the error message about 3D?

What exactly does the message say?
It might give a clue if we could look up the exact message.

Have you tried running it as an Administrator (right-click the shortcut, then Run As Administrator)? Maybe the problem is nothing to do with 3D graphics.

Re: The mystery of the Druids? - 04/01/13 08:44 AM

The error code is Direct 3d failed code 80040454 .
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: The mystery of the Druids? - 04/01/13 04:04 PM

You haven't disabled 3D acceleration for another game have you?

Follow the thread below, it describes how to determine if it's been disabled.

How do I diagnose basic problems with DirectX?

Re: The mystery of the Druids? - 04/03/13 01:28 AM

I want to thank everyone for your help but I have gone to Youtube again to watch rather than play it. So far this year I have found two games that I can not play at all, that has never happened before.

Re: The mystery of the Druids? - 04/03/13 03:08 AM

Oh well. At least you won't have to contend with the scissors, the bum, and the cat.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community