GB HOMEPAGE

MSN problem

Posted By: kazzmo

MSN problem - 04/04/13 10:46 PM

I have tried to access MSN with Google, Netscape and Internet Explorer. I have three computers connected to the internet and this happens on all of them. I connected to MSN yesterday with no problem. I am on the internet now with Netscape. I have had My Home page set there for a long time and just wondering what happened. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. frown
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: MSN problem - 04/04/13 11:23 PM

Have you tried emptying your browser cache?
Posted By: luv2travel

Re: MSN problem - 04/04/13 11:51 PM

MSN isn't working fo me either. Web site must be down.
Andrea wave

Re: MSN problem - 04/05/13 12:00 AM

Jenny100, I emptied browser cache on all computers.
Luv2travel, Thank you for the info. The tech at Cox stated she could get to MSN, so I was concerned. I will just wait now and hopfully the problem will be fixed.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: MSN problem - 04/05/13 12:01 AM

Is this msn.com? I was able to go there with no problems.

Re: MSN problem/Solved - 04/05/13 12:15 AM

I do not know what happened, but I have fixed the problem. IE now takes me directly to MyMSN.
Luv2travel, I used www.pageset.com
Posted By: luv2travel

Re: MSN problem/Solved - 04/05/13 10:46 PM

I got it back! Thanks all!
Andrea wave

Re: MSN problem/Solved - 04/06/13 12:09 AM

I thought you couldn't get to the MSN site at all. But from what you're saying now, it was only a matter of selecting your homepage after something changed it.

Re: MSN problem/Solved - 04/06/13 07:34 AM

IE would not go to MSN, so I changed the site in the address bar to Google and went to Netscape. I do not know why I went to Netscape from Google, I just did. confused With Netscape I went to MSN. Once I got to MSN I clicked on MY MSN. I tried to set MY MSN as my home page but received a notice that the site to set MSN as my home page was not available. I then typed my problem into Netscape search and got a list of sites referring to my problem. There was a link for Pageset. I went to that site and was able to set my home page to MY MSN. After doing this I was able to reach MY MSN with IE. MSN Toolbar had also disappeared, but I went to Tools and got the toolbar back and everything is working fine now.(Fingers crossed) I have no idea what happened. When I turned my computer off Wednesday night everything was fine. Thursday AM I discovered the problem. I am not computer smart, but hope I explained this correctly.

Re: MSN problem/Solved - 04/06/13 02:37 PM

Thanks for taking the time to explain. If someone else has the same problem, your explanation may help them.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: MSN problem/Solved - 04/06/13 05:59 PM

MSN has been having issues for the last several months, some users can get in without any problems, others not.

Several threads I read recommended that you point your homepage to dell.msn.com, which will work, but it places a cookie in your temp folder that prevents you from bypassing the Dell redirect. So, you have to purge your temp folders to undo the fix.

I had 1 PC affected by it, all others worked just fine.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community