GB HOMEPAGE

Cant access my Dorian Gray

Posted By: JohnBoy

Cant access my Dorian Gray - 04/30/13 04:05 PM

Hi I cannot access the game. I click on the link that was sent to me, I get a window to save file or cancel. I click save file and get a blank white screen.????
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 04/30/13 04:11 PM

Hi John, I'll move this thread across to our tech forum for advice. luck
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 04/30/13 04:12 PM

JB, you need to reply to the email address that gave you the code and let them know. I assume you are talking about the codes from winning the game. Viva Media will help you.
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/01/13 05:05 PM

I'm beginning to believe BFG has some kind of problem and it isn.t me or JohnBoy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/01/13 05:34 PM

This is Viva Media, not BFG. I just tried and I got right on BGF.

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/01/13 06:25 PM

Every body can get on but nobody, even the computer people in town can't figure it out.
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/01/13 08:39 PM

JohnBoy. I'm guessing your talking about the game giveaway for Dorian Gray. Look in the upper right corner and it shows that you're downloading and at what %. You really have to look for it, it's tiny.
Terri

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/02/13 12:30 AM

The problem is my virus program keeps removing the game from my system as a threat
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/02/13 12:32 AM

I don't know which antivirus program you have, but check to see if it has an option for telling it a file is not a threat.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/02/13 01:02 AM

JohnBoy,

If you have to, you can disconnect from the Internet, close down your antivirus and play the game that way if the AV is what's stopping you and you can't tell it to mind its own business.

Gil.

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/02/13 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I don't know which antivirus program you have, but check to see if it has an option for telling it a file is not a threat.

Its AVG
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/02/13 02:50 AM

See if this helps.
It's from http://www.ehow.com/info_12206433_avg-approved-files-list.html

Quote:
Approved File Lists

Lists of approved files are a feature of antivirus and security programs, including AVG's. These lists contain files, programs or locations that the antivirus program with avoid when scanning, and/or that the program with firewall capabilities will allow to run. These lists allow you to specify files that you know to be safe

Considerations

AVG programs do not necessarily use the terminology "approved files list" or even the common whitelist. However, AVG antivirus does have a feature for a similar function. AVG anti-virus allows you to add files and folders to an exceptions list, which excludes them from antivirus scans. A similar features allows you to add safe programs to the exceptions list of "Potentially Unwanted Programs."

Anti-Virus Approved Files

To add a specific file or a path to a folder to the exceptions list in AVG anti-virus, you must open your AVG application, click "Anti-virus" and select the "Manage Exceptions" button. Here you can delete currently approved files, or add new ones to the list by clicking "Add File" or "Add Path." To exclude a program from scanning by AVG, click "Tools" and select "Advanced Settings." Click the "Potentially Unwanted Programs" link and click to "Add an Exception." Browse to the location of the file or folder that contains it, if you don't know the name of the specific file.

Firewall Exceptions

AVG offers an antivirus with firewall solution with its AVG Internet Security and AVG Premium Security programs. Open the main interface and select "Firewall Settings" from the tools menu. Choose your current profile, such as "Small Home or Office" network to expand the available options.

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/03/13 02:32 AM

My problem is it won't recognize My original password nor any they send me to try. Thanks,Draclvr

Patsy
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Cant access my Dorian Gray - 05/03/13 02:40 AM

I thought you were having issues with BFG, Patsy??? JohnBoy's game is from Viva Media. I sure hope BFG can get you straightened out with that issue... it must be frustrating.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community