GB HOMEPAGE

Can't uninstall Ghost of Thornton Hall

Posted By: Melia

Can't uninstall Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 08:08 PM

I went to "start", "programs" and found the uninstall button, but when I clicked it, it said that there was no such program. Then I deleted the folder in program files. It almost didn't let me. Then I went to add-remove programs and couldn't find it. I did find an old Nancy Drew game that I tried, unsuccessfully to uninstall. I clicked and clicked the change/remove button to no avail.
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: Can't uninstall Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 09:19 PM

Is the game folder you deleted still in the recycle bin? Maybe it holds the old Nancy Drew game too. If you can, restore the folder out of the recycle bin--there's an option for that. Then try to uninstall the old game through add-remove again.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Can't uninstall Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 09:56 PM

Also you can try reinstalling and uninstalling.
If that doesn't work, you can try REVO Uninstaller.
There is a free version
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
Posted By: Melia

Re: Can't uninstall Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: lanlynk
Is the game folder you deleted still in the recycle bin? Maybe it holds the old Nancy Drew game too. If you can, restore the folder out of the recycle bin--there's an option for that. Then try to uninstall the old game through add-remove again.

I tried to delete the game before putting it into the recycle and it didn't work then.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Can't uninstall Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/12/13 12:26 AM

Reinstall the game, Melia. That will add back the uninstall.exe you got rid of, most probably. Then you can uninstall it.

I agree with Jenny100. Go get Revo and use that to uninstall the game once you have it back on your computer.

Gil.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Can't uninstall Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/12/13 01:36 AM

I use Revo Uninstaller all the time.
Richard
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Can't uninstall Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/12/13 09:43 PM

Yes, Revo is the greatest little tool for uninstall problems. wink
© 2024 GameBoomers Community