GB HOMEPAGE

The Critter Chronicles - Speech?

Posted By: SharonB

The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 03:57 PM

Is there speech in this game? I mean English speech. I'm reading subtitles now which is fine, but I want to be sure that I'm not missing the speech part if it's there.

Sharon
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 03:59 PM

There is speech..Nate talks. although one of the main characters speaks a different language.. are you getting sound at all?

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 04:03 PM

I'm getting music and sound effects, but no voice. Is it supposed to be there?

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 04:04 PM

Yes, at the start Nate is on the airship and he talks alot. Are you on the ship?

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 04:06 PM

Take a brief peak at this

video

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 04:24 PM

Thanks Winfrey! I'm not getting that. How do I get it? I downloaded my game from GOG.

Sharon

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 04:26 PM

I just started my game... in the settings.. there is an option for language... goes from off to 10 20 100... if you click where yours might say off click to you get 100 and at the bottom of the page click on apply.

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 04:37 PM

I tried that but it didn't change anything. His lips move, but no voice. Took off subtitles and it didn't change anything (except subtitles are gone..). I'm going to try support at GOG. I'm glad to know there is supposed to be voice. smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 05:05 PM

Have you tried updating your sound card drivers?
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 05:14 PM

Since this thread has turned into what appears to be a technical issue, I have moved it over to Glitches. Hopefully GOG or someone here will be able to help you resolve this issue, Sharon. wave
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 10:05 PM

This issue is mentioned in the game forum at GOG. You can find more detailed info from a link given in the GOG thread. Hope it helps.

Voice Audio Missing

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/14/13 11:49 PM

Thanks to Winfrey and Lanlynk I now have voice! woot The GOG link said the problem was with the soundcard, not the program. I don't know how to update my audio drivers, so I experimented. The audio properties menu said that my output was Realtek Audio rear speakers. I have 5.1 sound. So I tried resetting them to Desktop Speakers (2). This fixed the problem and I have full sound now. I'll change it back when I'm not playing. Thanks so much to you both. I did not have a clue what the problem was.

Sharon catrub
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/15/13 12:31 AM

Glad it's working for you now! Hey, and good job doing your own troubleshooting with the audio properties. thumbsup

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/15/13 12:45 AM

Good to hear you got it working!!
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/15/13 02:41 AM

Great news, Sharon! I am very grateful for all the helpful forum members that we have here. smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/15/13 03:48 AM

Awesome! Listening to the dialogue is half the fun of this game. I have to admit I actually found myself understanding Critter after awhile!
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: The Critter Chronicles - Speech? - 06/15/13 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Awesome! Listening to the dialogue is half the fun of this game. I have to admit I actually found myself understanding Critter after awhile!

Not only is it fun, it's a requirement to complete on of the puzzles smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community