GB HOMEPAGE

Logging in to Forum

Posted By: lanlynk

Logging in to Forum - 06/20/13 09:04 PM

I'm having a small issue with logging in that I can't figure out.

When I log in and choose the option to Remember Me, it seems to do the exact opposite. I log in with that option, then click on a thread to read and automatically I'm logged out again at the new page--and have to log in once more. Refreshing the page doesn't make any difference.

When I log in without ticking Remember Me, I can go from page to page still logged in with no problem. But if I close the browser, I will have to log in again when I come to GameBoomers.

What am I doing wrong?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Logging in to Forum - 06/20/13 10:51 PM

Sometimes something in your browser cache or a bad cookie can cause problems. So maybe try deleting your browser cache and delete any Gameboomers cookies you find. Then restart the web browser.

In Firefox you can delete individual cookies from the Privacy tab of Preferences. Other browsers probably have something similar.
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: Logging in to Forum - 06/20/13 11:14 PM

Thank you Jenny100! Deleting the cookie cache completely in IE options worked. I usually use CCleaner to clear out cookies, etc., but I had set GameBoomers' cookie as an exception to keep. I wasn't having trouble with saved passwords on other sites, so it must have been just this one "bad" cookie. It looks like my GameBoomers' cookie is now fresh from the oven! thumbsup
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Logging in to Forum - 06/21/13 03:27 AM

Glad it worked out for you.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community